Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Youre welcome. Yes, there are a couple in Aruba and Jamaica.

I don't remember our room numbers. Whenever we've gotten one we've requested "Aruba or Jamaica and Water View please". 4 for 4 so far.
You just request Jamaica or Aruba? No particular building #?

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Aren’t there mug refill stations in each village?

How did you get past guest discount? I’m booked for Aug 2020.
We stayed in 2014 & we've gotten the PIN codes every season since then. I had an email come with the code this time (it usually comes in the mail).

You just request Jamaica or Aruba? No particular building #?

When we have a King booked, yes. There's a couple Kings in Jamaica 42, 44, 45, Aruba 51, 52 and 55 that do not face the lake. So we request lake View instead of Building numbers.

We stayed in 2014 & we've gotten the PIN codes every season since then. I had an email come with the code this time (it usually comes in the mail).
Oh! For some reason I thought it was a different discount than the pin codes.

I am thinking of booking CBR pirate room for the 2nd week of April. We have stayed at CBR, but it's been probably 10 years ago or more. Are the pirate rooms in Jamaica only? What would be your recommendation as far as room requests? We want to take advantage of the skyliner, but will also use the bus frequently. Thanks!

I am thinking of booking CBR pirate room for the 2nd week of April. We have stayed at CBR, but it's been probably 10 years ago or more. Are the pirate rooms in Jamaica only? What would be your recommendation as far as room requests? We want to take advantage of the skyliner, but will also use the bus frequently. Thanks!
Trinidad. We check into our Pirate room a week from tomorrow. I will surely be back with pictures!

Q: We are booked in a Pirate room but will need a Pack-n-Play. Where is the best place to put it? I've been scouring pictures trying to find the best fit. Is there more room next to the bed where the bathroom is or on the other side of the other bed closer to the door?

Trinidad. We check into our Pirate room a week from tomorrow. I will surely be back with pictures!
Great! I would love to hear how the bus works for you...I have read that traveling by bus can take forever there just because you have to stop at all the different internal stops.

Q: We are booked in a Pirate room but will need a Pack-n-Play. Where is the best place to put it? I've been scouring pictures trying to find the best fit. Is there more room next to the bed where the bathroom is or on the other side of the other bed closer to the door?

If you get a corner room there is extra room next to the dresser/tv stand where it can fit between that and the little table next to the door. For the other rooms you can move the little table and chairs that is next to the bed closest to the door. I don't remember any room having much space by the bed closest to the vanity curtain.

I have a preferred room booked for July 2020. I don’t want to look at a parking lot though. I wouldn’t mind a garden view, but what are the chances of getting a water view room in the preferred buildings? Does anyone know the best way to word a request to not look at a parking lot at CBR?

I have a preferred room booked for July 2020. I don’t want to look at a parking lot though. I wouldn’t mind a garden view, but what are the chances of getting a water view room in the preferred buildings? Does anyone know the best way to word a request to not look at a parking lot at CBR?
I believe all water view rooms are bookable- meaning a room that is water view on the preferred section would be bookable as water view, not preferred. I’m not sure about standard view vs garden view in preferred- I think you could get either view with a preferred booking, but I guess I’m not sure. Unless no one knows for sure that you can’t get parking lot view with preferred booking, I would make a room request for garden view with whichever building or village you would like, or just leave it at garden view.

Jamaica and Aruba can get a little more unlucky with buses unfortunately.

I have never stayed at CBR (but have reservations there for Summer 2020). Question - WHY is the bus system different at Jamaica and Aruba vs the other areas? Isn't it the same bus system for the entire complex? Thanks!

I have never stayed at CBR (but have reservations there for Summer 2020). Question - WHY is the bus system different at Jamaica and Aruba vs the other areas? Isn't it the same bus system for the entire complex? Thanks!

The other island building neighborhoods are preferred bookings so those stops get picked up first. During high volume of passenger times they will send buses for those 2 islands though. Sometimes you can get unlucky with a full bus from the other ones not stopping. Everything usually works ok but things can go wrong, and transportation at WDW is huge and complex.

I am considering a stay in a pirate room since it is the only one available for our dates
Are they as bad as some people say? How is the bus transportation from these buildings? And how far away are they from the skyliner stop?
I am currently booked in a Boardwalk Villas studio but the 400$ I would save could be used towards something extra...
Any thoughts and recent input would be greatly appreciated!

I am considering a stay in a pirate room since it is the only one available for our dates
Are they as bad as some people say? How is the bus transportation from these buildings? And how far away are they from the skyliner stop?
I am currently booked in a Boardwalk Villas studio but the 400$ I would save could be used towards something extra...

It's as terrible as the people say it is. Buses take forever and the walk to the Skyliner is ridiculous. Happy to save you the time from researching anything from the vast wealth of information on the internet and especially contributions here! Hope you enjoy The Boardwalk!

It's as terrible as the people say it is. Buses take forever and the walk to the Skyliner is ridiculous. Happy to save you the time from researching anything from the vast wealth of information on the internet and especially contributions here! Hope you enjoy The Boardwalk!
Thanks
I have read so many conflicting information but this is a comment that comes back frequently
Transportation is a major issue for us since we have two young kids who will be in stroller so ai guess the walking distance to two parks is a major plus!
I guess I will stick to my initial choice then!

Why do you say the walk to the Skyliner is ridiculous? Isn't it just across the bridge? The main station of CBR? I think it would depend on what building you are in in the Trinidad. We stayed in a non-Pirate room in May and had absolutely no complaints regarding the bus situation. We are staying in a Pirate room in exactly 6 days. I can report our findings when we return. We plan to use the Skyliner for DHS and Epcot and obviously bus transportation for MK and AK.

So excited will be back at CBR in 5 days!!! I’m arranging an amazon order to the resort & trying to figure out the most current mailing address. Is it 900 Cayman Way or 1114 Cayman Way I’m seeing both?! Thanks for your help!

Why do you say the walk to the Skyliner is ridiculous? Isn't it just across the bridge? The main station of CBR? I think it would depend on what building you are in in the Trinidad. We stayed in a non-Pirate room in May and had absolutely no complaints regarding the bus situation. We are staying in a Pirate room in exactly 6 days. I can report our findings when we return. We plan to use the Skyliner for DHS and Epcot and obviously bus transportation for MK and AK.

The pirate rooms are great in reality. The buses are fine, and the Skyliner is a short walk across the bridge. They seemed to already have it in their head CBR would be terrible, so just helping them move along.

The pirate rooms are great in reality. The buses are fine, and the Skyliner is a short walk across the bridge. They seemed to already have it in their head CBR would be terrible, so just helping them move along.
I didn’t realize you were being sarcastic in the first reply
I was really looking into CBR but since they had no regular rooms available (just pirates) I was wondering if it was still worth it...
I have never stayed Deluxe in WDW and honestly find it difficult to justify the cost, but if Pirates room are good I would seriously consider moving my reservation
I will be looking forward to your comments on the Pirates rooms @ksromack !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!