Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Is it worth it to keep checking for openings to change my room type? I currently have a water view booked but couldn't care less about a view and would love to save money. However it shows no standard rooms available when I go to change my reservation and change my room type. I know it's impossible to know for sure but is it worth it for me to keep checking? We aren't going until the first week of December so it's a long way away. Is there a typical point in time where people start messing with their reservations and an opening may show up?
Yes keep checking. That far out something always opens up as people tend to book something to lock it in and then a deal comes along and they change. I do this all the time and rarely end up at the resort or room type I start at to just lock in my reservation. December gets tougher with the upcoming xmas holidays. However, you have plenty of time to check out availability.

Is it worth it to keep checking for openings to change my room type? I currently have a water view booked but couldn't care less about a view and would love to save money. However it shows no standard rooms available when I go to change my reservation and change my room type. I know it's impossible to know for sure but is it worth it for me to keep checking? We aren't going until the first week of December so it's a long way away. Is there a typical point in time where people start messing with their reservations and an opening may show up?
Yes! Another poster only saw pirate rooms for his dates available then a standard room opened up.

I have a preferred room booked for Spring Break (only thing available for my discount). I’m trying to find opinions on which village is best, Barbados or Martinique. We will be using busses, Skyliner, and our own vehicle. And we will definitely spend a lot of time at the main pool. I see pluses and minuses for each, but would love input.

I have a preferred room booked for Spring Break (only thing available for my discount). I’m trying to find opinions on which village is best, Barbados or Martinique. We will be using busses, Skyliner, and our own vehicle. And we will definitely spend a lot of time at the main pool. I see pluses and minuses for each, but would love input.
Take a look at the map. To me it seems Barbados 32 or 33 would be a good choice. Close to OPR, bus stop and Skyliner.

I'm trying to book a Preferred Room and the description says 2 Queens or 2 Queens and a pull down bunk. How do I ensure I get the one with the pull down bunk? We have 5 people but the reservation is only letting me add 4. The 5th sleeper option is not available. Thanks!

I'm trying to book a Preferred Room and the description says 2 Queens or 2 Queens and a pull down bunk. How do I ensure I get the one with the pull down bunk? We have 5 people but the reservation is only letting me add 4. The 5th sleeper option is not available. Thanks!

It is a bookable category, so there may be none available for your dates. Are all 5 of your people over 2?

What time does the Joffrey's located at the skyliner open? Does it typically match its hours to skyliner operation, or is it open earlier? I'm asking because I am someone who needs coffee immediately after waking up, and I'm hoping, if we choose this resort, to get a room by the skyliner station so I can pop over to Joffrey's in the mornings, even if the skyliner isn't running yet.

(Apologies if this is a repeat Q. I searched the thread for this question and could not find it.)

What time does the Joffrey's located at the skyliner open? Does it typically match its hours to skyliner operation, or is it open earlier?

Usually opens 30 minutes before the Skyliner starts running, so 7AM.

I'm asking because I am someone who needs coffee immediately after waking up, and I'm hoping, if we choose this resort, to get a room by the skyliner station so I can pop over to Joffrey's in the mornings, even if the skyliner isn't running yet.

Or make it in your room. That is also Joffrey's.

Any idea of first bus for 7am opening at DHS? Trying to get over for a Boarding Group tomorrow morning. I have heard 6:15am? Nothing earlier? Also... best to walk to the front (first bus stop) to get on if I am staying in Aruba? Just to make sure the bus doesn’t get full...?

This will be the first time my family stays at this resort. From what I have been reading so far the bust transportation is a hit or miss. We are rope drop people so it sounds like Lyft in the morning is our best option correct? Or as long as I'm at best stops an hour early I should be fine?

Usually opens 30 minutes before the Skyliner starts running, so 7AM.

Or make it in your room. That is also Joffrey's.
You can also walk to the cafe. I think they put coffee out really early in the AM. I made that walk every morning when we were there as I also need my morning coffee.

This will be the first time my family stays at this resort. From what I have been reading so far the bust transportation is a hit or miss. We are rope drop people so it sounds like Lyft in the morning is our best option correct?

In our experience, no. The buses are the best option.

Or as long as I'm at bus stops an hour early I should be fine?

Definitely. The buses will get you there on time no problem.

In our experience, no. The buses are the best option.

Definitely. The buses will get you there on time no problem.
They seemed good about making adjustments with buses, if needed. When we went to MK one morning, the bus stop had throngs of people wanting to do the same. There were three AK buses in a row and the next MK wasn’t going to be for some time. The drivers must have reported the situation, because they suddenly added an extra MK one that showed up promptly. I thought that was impressive. The buses are the stressiest part of DW for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!