Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone have a proven game plan for HS 10am opening to hit Minnie's RR and RoR boarding Pass? Will be at CBR starting this saturday and hitting HS wed & fri next week. Was thinking of driving personal car over to HS with a 9am arrival time.

Anyone have a proven game plan for HS 10am opening to hit Minnie's RR and RoR boarding Pass? Will be at CBR starting this saturday and hitting HS wed & fri next week. Was thinking of driving personal car over to HS with a 9am arrival time.
Go back a page or two and read my post. We were there last Saturday and were successful at all those things!

We just returned from CBR yesterday.

It looked like they were placing most people in Jamaica (the parking lot was very full). We were in Aruba and it was fairly empty - just a few people. The smaller village pools were open. As we took the internal bus, we didn't see many people or cars in Martinique or Barbados and the bus never went over to Trinidad.
Can you tell me the pool hours when you went? Want to do CBR in October but with the parks closing so early, we need/want to stay where the pools stay open later.

We are here currently and while we have not seen a line at the pool, it has been quite busy at both main and quiet pool. We did hear that last Saturday they had a pretty good line to get in the main pool at 4:00

As far as where to request to stay, it really depends on what you are looking for in your stay...because you can't have it all unfortunately. If you request preferred, you will be close to the main pool and the lobby...but it will be a hike to the Skyliner. We either ask for Aruba with a room close to Riveria, or Jamaica 42 or 43...Aruba is great because it is right next to Skyliner station and close to stuff to do at Riveria like food and bar stuff as well as beautiful outdoor movies overlooking the water. Staying in Jamaica in building 42 or 43 gets you kinda right in the middle of the resorts for access to main pool as well as Skyliner.
Do you recall the pool hours?

Made the decision to return to my Disney home of CBR for my January (hopefully Marathon Weekend) trip!! I was going to be at the Poly, but with everything going on there my TA knows it is a dream stay and wants it as close to perfect as possible when I stay there. We'd booked BLT, but I have never been excited about that or the Contrmporary. After much pondering, I kept gravitating back to CBR - which will give me access to walk over to the Riviera and explore a bit there without the super high price tag.

Booked a King room and have requested Second Floor in the Aruba section! But wherever I am, I'll be "home".

I'll be staying at CBR for the first time in October. Can you get a microwave for your room? Do you request it ahead of time or once you arrive?

I'm trying to decide if I have a location preference - near the CBR Skyliner station for easier transportation or near the Riviera for better food options. How long is the walk between the two of them?

I appreciate any advice or information anyone can share!

Does anyone know when Trinidad is opening? I have a pirate room booked 10/14 and I saw they were available to book earlier. Just curious as to when Disney is bringing this section back online.

I'll be staying at CBR for the first time in October. Can you get a microwave for your room? Do you request it ahead of time or once you arrive?

You can, but there are only a couple and they are first come first served. You can request one before you arrive, however, they will not put one aside to be waiting for you. So it's best to just call housekeeping and request one when you first arrive.

I'm trying to decide if I have a location preference - near the CBR Skyliner station for easier transportation or near the Riviera for better food options. How long is the walk between the two of them?

About 9 minutes. I would suggest Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both are right in between the CBR and Riviera Stations and they are a short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. They are right in the middle of everything.

I know this has been asked many times before, so I apologize in advance but are the prefered rooms in Martinique?
I just booked a stay over Christmas week and am really excited. I haven't been to CBR since before the renovations and the Skyliner, not to mention the Riviera! I did NOT pay for a preferred room, but I'm starting to wonder if something like Aruba 55 might be a good spot. Close to the Riviera and Skyliner, though it's a walk to the pool, (however being in December ...)
Anyhow, just thinking out loud really. I'll have to ponder the map for a few more days or weeks :)

I know this has been asked many times before, so I apologize in advance but are the prefered rooms in Martinique?
I just booked a stay over Christmas week and am really excited. I haven't been to CBR since before the renovations and the Skyliner, not to mention the Riviera! I did NOT pay for a preferred room, but I'm starting to wonder if something like Aruba 55 might be a good spot. Close to the Riviera and Skyliner, though it's a walk to the pool, (however being in December ...)
Anyhow, just thinking out loud really. I'll have to ponder the map for a few more days or weeks :)

Preferred are Martinique and Barbados.

Our favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of everything. Short strolls to both Skyliner Stations, Riviera, OPR and the Main Feature pool.

Our favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of everything. Short strolls to both Skyliner Stations, Riviera, OPR and the Main Feature pool.
Thanks so much dandsdad and I must apologize, I know Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are recommended, I meant to include that in my post but forgot! (In fact you recomended them just two posts before mine!)
I think I have even stayed in one of those before, it must have been Jamaica 45 as it was a super short walk to the left (leaving the room) to get to the bridge.
I'm surprised Barbados is also prefered, well, not surprised, I just didn't know that.
Anyhow, I guess what I started thinking was we might very well prefer the restaurants in the Riviera over Old Port Royal, I might be wrong but for some reason seeing the new layout ... well, I kind of miss the old food court, oh and they used to have those good chili dogs, but no more :( Also, if we happen to visit during a cold spell, the pool might not be a big draw to my kids so I was thinking why not just stay closer to the Riviera?
Something like Aruba 55 would be really close to the north skyliner and close to the Riviera as well. And, when we do go swimming it's usually a several hour affair so don't mind the longer walk then. Oh, I know what else was maybe throwing my decision, is this time we probably won't be getting resort mugs. Hmmm, I guess pre covid and post renovation they did have the freestyle machines so a mute point.

Just came back from Disney World staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for 8 days.

Magical Express to and from the resort was fast. Had little waits and while was frustrating to not have luggage handled through the service it's still was a pretty smooth experience.

The room was clean and had no problem except a water pool formed in the carpet underneath the AC.

The staff was friendly and seem happy to be there. Everyone seem to treat well.

Most people wore masks at all parts of the resorts. Most of the time. So that felt safe traveling around.

Any time we needed to go somewhere and we could take the skyliner it was an amazing experience. Just efficient and fast. Even on days trying to go to Hollywood Studios for the Rise of the Resistance boarding groups it was still efficient and fast enough to take the Skyliner.

Having the "Quiet Pools" open 24 hours allowed a few times to get to the pool when the main pool was closed. Most of the time Quiet pool was empty or had one other party. So was relaxing. Main pool got a little bit crowded in peak afternoon/evening times but still enjoyable.

Buses was just so random especially coming back. I really dreaded coming back. Had to wait an hour+ in Disney Springs to catch a bus, not cool when you are tired and people are cranky around you.

Got to admit was very disappointed in the food/bar options and hours at the CBR I miss the food options from before and not having refills from the Coke Freestyle machine late nights also was a real downer.

Riviera being so close at least gave some food options and their food is good too.

But the positives for me the Skyliner and quiet pools made the location a good choice even in Covid times.

Got to admit was very disappointed in the food/bar options and hours at the CBR I miss the food options from before and not having refills from the Coke Freestyle machine late nights also was a real downer.

Riviera being so close at least gave some food options and their food is good too.

But the positives for me the Skyliner and quiet pools made the location a good choice even in Covid times.
Thanks for the feedback on the food court TravelYote. I'll confess that I have not been to CBR since before the Skyliner and resort renovation but that is the feeling I get just looking at the menu options, I really wish the old food court was back :) That's one of the reasons I'm inclined to request a room in Aruba, as close to the Riviera as possible. Not only do those restaurants look at least a little more appealing to me but also as you mention, being close to the skyliner. Finally, being over Christmas I'm thinking my kids won't be as wild to go swimming, so being close to the pool shouldn't be as big of a priority.

Leaving in a week for CBR. We have a preferred room booked and wondering if I should request Martinique or Barbados? Do the buses start in the Martinique section? Also, who do I contact to follow up on my room requests 5 days out? Thanks

Hi! I haven't posted before. We live in California, so we're familiar with the Disneyland resort areas, but very unfamiliar with the Disney World area. We're planning a first time trip in late October, with a stay at CBR. We made breakfast reservations at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club on our HS days. The plan is to taxi or Uber over there, have breakfast, then walk to HS. We want to be at HS early. Will this work?

Hi! I haven't posted before. We live in California, so we're familiar with the Disneyland resort areas, but very unfamiliar with the Disney World area. We're planning a first time trip in late October, with a stay at CBR. We made breakfast reservations at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club on our HS days. The plan is to taxi or Uber over there, have breakfast, then walk to HS. We want to be at HS early. Will this work?
Not sure what time your reservation is for, or are you wanting to try and ride ROTR as well? I believe the skyliner is running from 9am to 8:30pm, so that might not leave you enough time. Would be the funnest way though, (in my opinion). You could take the skyliner to Epcot, (gets off very close to the YC), and then walk to HS from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter