Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the bus route or how the busses work since re-opening? I know bus capacity is limited bc of social distancing, so what happens if they fill up at their first stop? I don’t want to be waiting at the last stop and wondering why a bus never comes 🙈

Also, do the showers have the wall mounted shampoo, conditioner, and body wash right now? I’m hoping so bc we are going to do only carry on luggage on the plane!

When we stayed in August the bus route was clockwise from Jamaica to Aruba and full circle. As we waited at Jamaica you could see the buses roll in the resort Entrance however some buses are re-tasked as needed so not every bus “starts” at Jamaica. As far as waiting for the bus, it’s just a gamble. If you need to be somewhere and your arrival time is important to you, I wouldn’t rely on the bus.

Yes, all body wash, shampoo and conditioner is wall mounted in the shower.

No just the food court. All the refreshment stations around CBR are closed. Not sure if the pool bar has it but that’s right next to Center town.
Yes I was wondering if the pool bar or Banana Cabana had them?
Oh and do we have to mobile order at Banana Cabana?

Last edited:
Okay so from reading on here we’re going to request to be in Jamaica (standard view) and fingers crossed we’re granted our request! I booked through a travel agent- should I ask them to make the request or do I make it at check in?

Are all the bus stops currently being used? Does it matter which one you go to if you want to be there early for rope drop?

How crowded has the main pool felt in the evenings? Our plan is to spend the evenings at the park closes enjoying the resort but so imagine we’re not the only ones thinking that.

How does grocery deliver work post covid? Do you have to be there when it comes?

This is our first WDW trip (Disneyland folks and got tired of having our trip canceled over and over since they’re still not open...) and I’m so excited!
I would take a look at the resort map to see where you would like to be then ask your TA to put the request in. The room assignors block the rooms off 4-5 days before arrival so if you wait until check in you may be disappointed.

Reading all the posts in the CBR thread has me so excited for my solo trip in Dec. 2021! Thanks to everyone for posting your knowledge & experiences. I know CBR is a very large property but I am still excited for how lovely the property is & that Skyliner! This property looks like a island getaway & that’s what I want. The only park I was concerned about getting to was DHS for the ROTR but if I can’t get in a Boarding Group, there’s always next trip. Last trip in 2018, we did all the attractions we wanted, so this trip is my ambience trip, as in stop & enjoy all the beauty. I did request Jamaica or Aruba with my TA for the Skyliner because I love both DHS & Epcot. The Riviera looks so gorgeous, so I cannot wait to explore that a little, too. I made park reservations for my 4 night stay with 3 full days planned for Epcot, DHS & MK. 🧚🏻

What's the current situation at the bus depots? Are there formal queues or is it the same as it was before? I'm trying to wrap my head around how we will "line up" early for the MK and AK buses if the depots are the same as they have always been. Do we stand at the end where the bus typically pulls up? In the past, it was a free-for-all when a bus pulled up with people rushing the door, rarely respecting who was there first. But then, it didn't really matter since most people were able to get on.

What's the current situation at the bus depots? Are there formal queues or is it the same as it was before? I'm trying to wrap my head around how we will "line up" early for the MK and AK buses if the depots are the same as they have always been. Do we stand at the end where the bus typically pulls up? In the past, it was a free-for-all when a bus pulled up with people rushing the door, rarely respecting who was there first. But then, it didn't really matter since most people were able to get on.
No formal queues at the bus depots. With the seating distancing on the bus, typically if a lot of people are at the depot the driver will exit the bus and board people by party size and assign you your seating group number. If the depot isn't crowded, we'd do the peak our heads in the door and the driver would ask how many and he'd direct us.

Most times not everyone is headed to the same park, so perceived crowd issues just work themselves out. The seating and getting on the bus was never the issue for us, it was just actually getting a bus to us, that was the issue during our trip. Buses were just not as frequently running.

What's the current situation at the bus depots? Are there formal queues or is it the same as it was before?

Same as before. No corrals, thank goodness.

Do we stand at the end where the bus typically pulls up? In the past, it was a free-for-all when a bus pulled up with people rushing the door, rarely respecting who was there first. But then, it didn't really matter since most people were able to get on.

A couple weeks ago, we would just stand away from others and get on after everyone that was there before us did. Got on the first bus that came every day.

So, we get in to MCO on Friday just before 6pm. We’re debating ME or Uber/Lyft from airport. We’re wanting to save some time since it will be getting late and we’ll be starving, probably.

If we take an Uber/Lyft will they drop us off near the section we are staying in at the resort, or near the lobby area? ME drops near the lobby, right? (Wondering about the best way to get our luggage to our room, since the resort is so big)

I think we will overlap by a few days (I've been popping in on your posts over on the DL boards). We arrive the evening of the 17th!

I'm curious how your experience is going with CBR and transportation from there. We check in Thur night.

Got on the first bus that came every day.
Thanks for the info. What time did you arrive at the bus depots each morning? Trying to work out timing for our trip next week.

If we take an Uber/Lyft will they drop us off near the section we are staying in at the resort
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Uber/Lyft would only be permitted to drop off and pick up at the lobby. I believe this is the case for taxis and delivery drivers, so I don't know why Uber/Lyft would be any different. If you're concerned about luggage, you can have bell services (who will be near the lobby entrance) take your luggage. When you arrive at your room, you can call and they will deliver it. You'll have to be in your room to receive it. Tipping is customary for this.

So, we get in to MCO on Friday just before 6pm. We’re debating ME or Uber/Lyft from airport. We’re wanting to save some time since it will be getting late and we’ll be starving, probably.

If we take an Uber/Lyft will they drop us off near the section we are staying in at the resort, or near the lobby area? ME drops near the lobby, right? (Wondering about the best way to get our luggage to our room, since the resort is so big)

Uber or Lyft would be your fastest option by far over ME. They can take you to your specific room area. They don’t have to drop you at the lobby. We used uber and Lyft while there and they even pick up at specific bus depots....don’t ask how we know that 😂 the other benefit is you don’t have to park the car and unload it, you can unload from your ride curbside so once you know your room assignment be sure to pull up a good room map to find out the closest drop off based on your room number. I know TP has a good one.

Uber or Lyft would be your fastest option by far over ME. They can take you to your specific room area. They don’t have to drop you at the lobby. We used uber and Lyft while there and they even pick up at specific bus depots....don’t ask how we know that 😂 the other benefit is you don’t have to park the car and unload it, you can unload from your ride curbside so once you know your room assignment be sure to pull up a good room map to find out the closest drop off based on your room number. I know TP has a good one.

Awesome! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!