Disney's Cinemagine Park (DHS Name Change)

Why not go retro and call it the Kinetoscopic Kingdom? Or if they're really in love with this portmanteau thing - Kinetoscape? [*editor's note: these in no way, shape or form should be taken seriously]

Something else occurred to me about this name: the water cooler test. Maybe "Cinemagine" would eventually become well known - but until then, you and I and everyone else are stuck at work, family events or social outings explaining that we went to Cinemagine on our Disney vacation. At which point, our coworkers, extended family members or friends will: (a) stare at us blankly; (b) smile, nod and slowly back away; (c) ask whether we also visited the Lollipop Forest or hiked the Gumdrop Mountains; or (d) not-so-politely demand to know WTH a "cinemagine" is. I fully expect I may just keep calling it Hollywood Studios or "the Star Wars park" in those situations.

I agree that Cinemagic sounds better than Cinemagine, but my only hesitation would be having two parks with magic in the primary part of the name. Magic Kingdom and Cinemagic Park (definitely not kingdom as it's way too similar to MK) are different enough to work but they may not like having the base of the two be the same word. I also feel like since they are trying to get away from the backlot/studio feel of the park they will not want to use 'studios' or 'Hollywood' (as that's associated with the studios and them being made than the films themselves) anywhere in the title. This leaves fewer options to get the idea of movies across without giving the notion of a movie studio.
I don't really care for the names of Movie Kingdom or Movieland Park as they just sound uninspired to me, but could see them used as Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are both very basic names as well and have worked well for them.
My personal choice for a new name would be Disney Hyperion Park. Think it sounds good and rolls off the tongue well and still has the connection to movie with it giving homage to the original Disney Hyperion Studios that the company started out as in the film industry.

Cinemagination, use it!!! :p

Why do all the names need to have "Disney's ______ Park"? Epcot is just Epcot. One word names are more whimsical. Cinemagine.

I like the idea above my post by @maverik85 , but just call it Hyperion.

I feel like whatever is chosen needs to convey the idea of it being an immersive experience - like living a choose your own adventure book - you become part of the story. What about Disney's Cinematic Adventure...hmmm still not sure I like that. I think the idea of combining Cinema and Imagine gets at that but just doesn't sound good to people. Maybe it will grow on people....you all just need to use your cinemagination :confused3:rotfl:

I just want to throw out I never noticed despite posting here that it said cinemagine. What the actual [redactaed]. What kind of a name is that. More so, what kind of a SPELLING is that?????

I agree that Cinemagic sounds better than Cinemagine, but my only hesitation would be having two parks with magic in the primary part of the name. Magic Kingdom and Cinemagic Park (definitely not kingdom as it's way too similar to MK) are different enough to work but they may not like having the base of the two be the same word. I also feel like since they are trying to get away from the backlot/studio feel of the park they will not want to use 'studios' or 'Hollywood' (as that's associated with the studios and them being made than the films themselves) anywhere in the title. This leaves fewer options to get the idea of movies across without giving the notion of a movie studio.
I don't really care for the names of Movie Kingdom or Movieland Park as they just sound uninspired to me, but could see them used as Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are both very basic names as well and have worked well for them.
My personal choice for a new name would be Disney Hyperion Park. Think it sounds good and rolls off the tongue well and still has the connection to movie with it giving homage to the original Disney Hyperion Studios that the company started out as in the film industry.

It was interesting that in the original survey one option was Hyperia - which I thought was odd to have that which is close to Hyperion but not that same - so weird to reference it but not match

I know before it was Disney spings it was going to be Hyperion Ward - maybe they got bad feedback from using that word?

Yea I thought the use of Hyperia instead of Hyperion was strange in the original survey too. Think it has a great sound to it and history. They haven't stuck to it with any names in WDW but they have used it for multiple things like the Hyperion Theater and Hyperion Bridge at DLR.

Disney Cinemagic Park has a better ring to it if they are intent on the "Cinema" theme. Though I suppose that is similar to Magic Kingdom.

Disney Cinemagic Park has a better ring to it if they are intent on the "Cinema" theme. Though I suppose that is similar to Magic Kingdom.

According to Jim Hill, Cinemagic Kingdom was going to be the name but after a few focus groups, they found that first time guests and international visitors got confused over Cinemagic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.

According to Jim Hill, Cinemagic Kingdom was going to be the name but after a few focus groups, they found that first time guests and international visitors got confused over Cinemagic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.

There is also a movie theater chain called Cinemagic:
https://cinemagicmovies.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter