Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I hope it’s okay to jump in, I had a few questions! We will be staying at the Poly, club-level, for the first time next fall. We usually stay at POR, which we love and I’m sure we will stay at again. But my dad and stepmom decided to join us on this trip and very generously offered to pay for the hotel since they wanted to stay somewhere more expensive.

Anyway, we are booked in a lagoon view room and I was curious what longhouse this would be in? And how close we’ll be to the club lounge? Thanks!

Anyway, we are booked in a lagoon view room and I was curious what longhouse this would be in? And how close we’ll be to the club lounge? Thanks!

You will be in the Hawaii longhouse which is where the lounge is, on the second floor. In the pic below, the Lagoon View rooms are in Blue. The 2nd floor rooms do not have a balcony. So if you want some outdoor space to chill request 1st (patio) or 3rd (balcony) floor.

hawaii2015c.jpg

I hope it’s okay to jump in, I had a few questions! We will be staying at the Poly, club-level, for the first time next fall. We usually stay at POR, which we love and I’m sure we will stay at again. But my dad and stepmom decided to join us on this trip and very generously offered to pay for the hotel since they wanted to stay somewhere more expensive.

The club level rooms are in the Hawaii building. The club suites arena different longhouse. The lounge is on the 2nd floor, and there is a couch, TV and bathroom on the 3rd floor right above lounge with steps going down. Hawaii isn't that big so imo I feel all rooms are close to the lounge. Hawaii is in a great location. It's in between both pools and is close to the epcot monorail and the boat to MK.

The club level rooms are in the Hawaii building. The club suites arena different longhouse. The lounge is on the 2nd floor, and there is a couch, TV and bathroom on the 3rd floor right above lounge with steps going down. Hawaii isn't that big so imo I feel all rooms are close to the lounge. Hawaii is in a great location. It's in between both pools and is close to the epcot monorail and the boat to MK.
The location sounds great, thank you!

AKL is a semi-circle design. One half is called Kudu and the other called Zebra. Both meet up in the middle, which is the Lobby. They look out over the same savannah, with the same animals roaming over the entire area.

Thanks. I looked at the resort map, and I was afraid that the savannah might be separated with a fence or some other way. No idea why I thought that.

Usually in our past Disney vacations I have always had Garden Grocer deliver snacks and drinks to our resort. With their delivery fee at $14 and now the resort fee added it is no longer economical. Since we are staying CL YC this vacation I was planning on just buying one case of water so we can bring bottled water with us into the parks (June). I recently saw that some resorts have gone to no cases just 6 or 8 packs of smaller waters. Does anyone know if YachtClub or Beach Club sell these smaller cases of water and maybe an approximate price?
In January YC had the 8 packs of waters in the gift shop fridge. I forget the exact price, maybe $6 or less? plus I got 20% off with AP.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy Poly CL :wizard:.

Thanks. I looked at the resort map, and I was afraid that the savannah might be separated with a fence or some other way. No idea why I thought that.
It's hard to tell. The large Arusha Rock (I think that's the name) overlook is there in the middle, off the lobby and it's hard to tell if it splits the area or not. It does not. It's where the representatives come to speak about the animals and the fire pit is and such.

This visual is lacking specifics like the Arusha Rock and the abundant trees in the savanna, but it may be helpful to give an overall orientation. As the PP mentioned, all standard CL rooms (meaning, regular rooms, not suites or DVC CL rooms) are on the 4th floor and face the Arusha Savanna, either on the Kudu or Zebra trail. We personally prefer the Zebra trail as it’s closer to the pool.

4505 Location.png

The red arrow above was our room. Below was the view looking left. That’s the Arusha Rock in the middle and Kudu Trail in the background.

IMG_7257.jpg

View straight ahead.
IMG_7243.jpg

View right.
IMG_7228.jpg

Animals do different things all the time, but on this particular week we saw a bit more animal activity across the way on the Kudu Trail side - there’s a feeding station over there that was popular. But the animal activity in front of our room was decent too, if not sporadic.

Hope that helps.

Popping in to report that DH and I will be heading "home" to BWI come Friday for our Anniversary trip. Looking so forward to spending the weekend with "family" at the Inn :)

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy!

You will love the views! All rooms are close to the lounge as shown in the picture above. Just a minute or two depending what floor you are on.

This visual is lacking specifics like the Arusha Rock and the abundant trees in the savanna, but it may be helpful to give an overall orientation. As the PP mentioned, all standard CL rooms (meaning, regular rooms, not suites or DVC CL rooms) are on the 4th floor and face the Arusha Savanna, either on the Kudu or Zebra trail. We personally prefer the Zebra trail as it’s closer to the pool.
We've done both sides and can't decide which is better.
Kudu has the advantage of a more open view of the Savannah since the rock does block a bit of the area when on the Zebra trail. There's a corner the animals can go to that is hidden, sort of between/behind the rock and the building in your first photo. It doesn't block any areas when you are on the Kudu side.
But, Zebra is closer to the elevators and pool.
So you have to sort of decide which is primary to you and pick.
You'll see plenty of animals, no matter which so it's not like there's a wrong choice. As you point out, they roam around plenty and you never know where they'll hang out. There are feeding stations all over and a lot depends on which one they've filled most recent to the time you happen to be looking out. I don't know if they fill each one at the same time every day or if there's a rotation so if you are on a schedule so you are always looking at the same time and they always fill the same feeders at the same time then you may always see the animals in the same pattern. If they swap things up, even if you don't, that would help you see more movement. If that makes sense. Guess it depends who is more a creature of habit, us or them, LOL

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy Poly CL :wizard:.
Thank you so much! We are very excited! I have always loved POR, but I have a feeling we are going to be Poly converts after this trip. We will need to try and increase the Disney budget, I guess, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter