Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just back from a great stay at WL and I have to give a shout out to the wonderful CMs on CL.

My DD decided the flight to Orlando would be a good time to develop food poisoning and spent the next 36 hours or so throwing up (Eventually visited local urgent care, missed DHS!)

Wendy greeted our family and took us immediately to our room (after seeing poor DD) Was helpful obtaining some rehydration drinks for her. Pam, Sarah, Mitch and Vanessa also great during our stay, helping when she felt bad and then when she needed some food allergy safe treats and ingredient checks. There were others, but did not get/remember everyone's name.

Thankfully DD felt better by day 3 and was able to join us at the parks. I enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Last edited:

Sorry if this has been answered already but we have a Beach Club, Club Level, Garden view room booked in August we are a family of four but would prefer to have a day bed. Does anyone know what room number in that category has a daybed? Some websites show desks and some show daybeds.

I know I've responded once but I found one of my check-in letters. I knew it was 8:00 something. The letter states the main desk is manned 7:30a-8:45p. Though I'll be honest that I've seen them leave the desk prior to 8:45 some nights. Maybe it depends on how many they have down in the lounge that night? At any rate, after they leave, they put up a sign on the desk with an internal extension to dial and the staff is available in the lounge to help you until 10:00. Or by phone at any time.
Thank you very much for the follow-up, this is very helpful! We're now just 15 days from arriving at the BWI! We stayed there a couple of years ago and had fantastic interactions with the CL staff. Hoping I see some of the same CMs this time around!

2 questions....
Staying CL at CR.

1. What type of alcohol can I expect for the evening dessert time?

2. How long do I have access to the CL lounge on departure day? Is it only until 11am? I'm wondering because DME will not be picking me up until about 7:30pm. So say I went to MK and then came back to CR at about 5pm... Would my magic band still allow me access to the CL floor and I'd be able to grab a bite to eat from the CL lounge before leaving for the airport?

I can’t answer your first question.....we were recently there, but I didn’t get to the lounge in the evening and DH wouldn’t remember anyway!
;)

But you can access the lounge until midnight of your last day there, so you will be fine. Enjoy!

Does anyone know which restaurant prepares the food for GF SL?
We were once told food at GF is mostly prepared in one central kitchen.

Even the much of the food at Narcoosee's is prepped in the central kitchen. I don't mean it isn't fresh or anything like that, just that they prep/store items in the main/central kitchen where possible.

I can't say all the WDW hotels are like this, but I suspect most have a central/main kitchen.
If you wan to know the theming of the food, well, as of my most recent experience there, it was kind of a mash up.

Once, we happened to dine at 1900 Park Fare while we were staying at GF. The desserts - were exactly the same, except the lounge didn't have a soft serve machine, but all the tart sized desserts were EXACTLY the same. Thre was also - I dot recall exactlywhat it was- but something that was available during the afternoon tea was also at 1900 PF, but wasn't offered at 8pm in the CL.

Other GF stays, we have ventured into the QS, and found the exact same muffin flavors as the CL lounge, except SL had mini-muffins and the QS had much larger muffins.

FYI, we have seen similar at other WDW resorts.

Last edited:
Just want to sing a little praise for Signature Services. I had a few changes, requests, etc & it was all taken care of with ONE phone call!!
Previously, when calling the general numbers, I’ve had to hold on the phone forever & then had to be transferred to other departments to take care of each issue. And it always takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour & a half. Or more.
This was one call, 15 minutes, and voila!!! Truly magical!

Help! We just got a phone call moving our stay at BWI club level to the Grand Floridian (in 10 days). I have spent a year planning on the Boardwalk, with 2 parents, 2 kids and 2 grandparents. I know almost nothing about the Grand Floridian. We will be in a 2 bedroom suite, unsure of building or view at this point. Can someone point me to reviews, photos,, etc? What are the club level offerings? What are your favorite/lease favorite things about the Grand? EEEK!

Help! We just got a phone call moving our stay at BWI club level to the Grand Floridian (in 10 days). I have spent a year planning on the Boardwalk, with 2 parents, 2 kids and 2 grandparents. I know almost nothing about the Grand Floridian. We will be in a 2 bedroom suite, unsure of building or view at this point. Can someone point me to reviews, photos,, etc? What are the club level offerings? What are your favorite/lease favorite things about the Grand? EEEK!

Wow, that’s a major change/disruption 10 days out. Just curious, were you booked in a suite at BWI too?

My favorite thing about GF is the pools. My least favorite thing is access to Epcot (only option is monorail via transferring lines and it just “feels” like a haul for some reason).

I will let the GF pros chime in with better input. I ‘think’ the 2BR suites can be in any of the buildings (not sure about that though).

Best of luck with the change. I have a similar larger group trip in the works and I know I’d probably be all turned around if I had that curve ball just a few days out. Hope you can make the best of it.

Wow, that’s a major change/disruption 10 days out. Just curious, were you booked in a suite at BWI too?

My favorite thing about GF is the pools. My least favorite thing is access to Epcot (only option is monorail via transferring lines and it just “feels” like a haul for some reason).

I will let the GF pros chime in with better input. I ‘think’ the 2BR suites can be in any of the buildings (not sure about that though).

Best of luck with the change. I have a similar larger group trip in the works and I know I’d probably be all turned around if I had that curve ball just a few days out. Hope you can make the best of it.

Thanks! I had a deluxe room booked, so the suite is a upgrade... but we lose the walking to epcot/hollywood studios. I am trying to read read read read all that I can about GF, especially for the kids (6 and 9). I am guessing that I should change most of my evening plans from Epcot to Magic Kingdom, just for ease of transportation.

Please keep the information coming! I really need it.

:)

Thanks! I had a deluxe room booked, so the suite is a upgrade... but we lose the walking to epcot/hollywood studios. I am trying to read read read read all that I can about GF, especially for the kids (6 and 9). I am guessing that I should change most of my evening plans from Epcot to Magic Kingdom, just for ease of transportation.

We had a BC reservation that got changed to GF and found that it was a lot harder to get to Epcot because of the two monorails. It was fine going to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, though. The night time monorail from Epcot back to the GF was usually crowded with long lines, so we decided not to go to Epcot at night.

It is very convenient to take the monorail to MK, CR or Polynesian. We switched our dinner plans to one of the resorts on the monorail because it was so much easier.

The two pools at the GF are very kid friendly and the villas pool looks like a lot of fun. There is a counter service at the villas pool, which is nice, too. This is where I think that GF is better than the BWI.

We would take the monorail to MK but take the boat back to GF. The first stop on the boat from MK is the GF, which can be a lot faster than taking the monorail from MK to GF at night.

So, sorry if you know all of this. GF has two club levels, Royal Palm Club (RPC) and Sugarloaf (SL). RPC is the main building, SL is an outer building.

The RPC lounge is on the fourth floor overlooking the lobby. It’s a lovely space, and a good spot to enjoy a glass of wine (if inclined) while listening to the orchestra below. The SL lounge is on the first floor in the middle atrium - it serves its purpose but it’s more function over form.

You read conflicting info about this and I think it has changed over time, but I’m under the impression suite guests have access to both lounges. You may want to ask about this though. I’m not one to ask for things, but access to RPC would go a long way in making up for the inconvenience. 8-) There are suites (the super nice ones) in RPC so you may be there anyway although might not. There’s a 2BR suite in SL too, as well as various other outer buildings.

Not sure if you can call anyone back, but if I were in your shoes I sure would like to know which 2BR you’ll be in (or what building) if they can tell you at this point. They probably can’t but no harm in asking.

The GF pools are great for kids 6 and 9, in my opinion. I really enjoy the food at the main pool and the bartenders have always tended to be on point, in my experience.

I probably wouldn’t change too many plans now, unless you just know it’s something you’d like to do given the new location. When we’ve stayed at GF, we have tended to use Minnie Vans or Taxis on occasion, which is very easy. Maybe just get there, get a lay of the land, then make changes when there if needed? Just talking out loud here.

You can watch MK fireworks nightly from the marina area outside Gasparillas (the quick service location at GF). The boat dock is a good spot too.

Thank you! In my surprise, I didn't get a phone number. I figure that everything should be updated in MDE soon. They did add some multiple experience fastpasses because of the switch, and they are already loaded. I am excited about the GF, just a ton of unexpected planning. The pools do look really nice, and the CM I talked to said she would try to get me a good view from the suite. There is a Wonderland Tea experience that I think my kids would enjoy, I can do that for them instead of the Beaches and Cream reservation that I had. The CM was very kind and tried to make everything as easy as possible.

I think I read somewhere on here that at WL you can add CL to your room at check-in. I'm currently booked in a 2 bdrm villa at Copper Creek as a cash reservation and was wondering if this is actually possible?

I think I read somewhere on here that at WL you can add CL to your room at check-in. I'm currently booked in a 2 bdrm villa at Copper Creek as a cash reservation and was wondering if this is actually possible?

Unfortunately, no. Only main building. DVC rooms cannot add CL. Sorry ☹️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!