Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We just returned from our stay at the Poly. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I remember why I love that resort so much! I had planned on posting my thoughts on CL since we had never tried it (beautiful view/tiny plates!), but we had a truly negative experience with a CL concierge CM at the end of our trip that has really colored our experience and I find myself just needing to vent about it...

So, it was the culmination of a couple of different ongoing issues...I apologize in advance as it’s kind of a long story so feel free to skip, although beyond venting, there is a small point to my post. I also preface it to say my DH and I are both very easy going people - it takes a lot to ruffle us...

Upon check-in, I booked a half day cabana for our last full day. We had the Villains event, and we thought it would be nice not to have to worry about finding chairs - and more importantly shade - so we could just relax before the event. I had called ahead of the trip for availability for arrival day, but there was none, but I just asked upon check in about the whole week just to see and I was told there was availability for a full or half day for Thursday. Booked, confirmed, easy-peasy.

That same day, we had a rather silly maintenance issue of our own making...my daughter’s Ipod ear bud (a gift) popped off her ear and managed to go inside one of the hollow sides (“footboard”) of the daybed. After much searching, we could see it inside but after much effort, we realized we could not access it, so we spoke to concierge about getting maintenance there to assist us. We needed someone with a tool to take off the back so we could get it.

What followed for the rest of our stay was just a comedy of errors, and a lot of miscommunication and wasted time that I can’t even fully explain. We’d explain the situation and ask for Maintenance, they’d send Mousekeeping who really couldn’t do it, they’d be baffled about why we called them, we’d explain again, nothing would happen, we’d explain again at Concierge and show them, they’d make a plan with Maintenance, we’d wait for Maintenance but then they wouldn’t follow the “plan” and contact Concierge to call us, so we wouldn’t be in the room but maybe watching our phone at the pool, cycle would start over again with new staff...by the second day I wanted to give up and take the loss, since it was wasting our “down” time during the afternoon, but they didn’t want us to lose her ear bud and really it wasn’t that tough of problem to fix, so it continued…in retrospect I wish I insisted we stop trying but, alas...

I guess part of my point is that this issue continued over the length of our stay for two reasons: (1) they were not actually listening to us regarding what the problem was (sending the wrong person for the job multiple times) and (2) there seemed to be problematic communication issues between departments. Multiple times Concierge said that Maintenance would let them know when they were coming so they could text us, but then they would come and go without contacting Concierge and we would miss them. Not sure if this is a understaffing thing or just communication? Trying to directly call ourselves didn’t seem to help either.

Thursday comes and HS is bananas. We leave a FP line since it is unusually long and we don’t want to cut into our cabana time. My husband goes to Concierge to deal with earbud, since Maintenance was there at some point and why weren’t we in the room? The kids head to the pool first and guess what? No cabana! Kids tell me CMs have no record of us. Okay, so I go to Concierge to inquire and it’s just me, and a Concierge CM talking to another CM. The Concierge CM is complaining - in a very mocking tone - about a guest. I feel uncomfortable and baffled why they are continuing this conversation in front of me. Then I realize, they are talking about MY HUSBAND! And, of course...the ear bud! And worst of all - the Concierge still is misunderstanding the issue, lol! I stand there, debating whether I should slither out of the room, but the fact that he is misrepresenting the problem sends me over the edge, so I interrupt them and calmly re-state the problem and what is needed to fix it.

He appeared shocked and embarrassed. The other CM disappears (come to find out later it is his manager - go figure!) and tells me that he is having “one of those days” but does not apologize for mocking my husband. I am a very introverted person, so in dealing with a conflictual situation, I generally find it helps me to regroup in order to address a situation in a constructive manner. I ask about the cabana, he refers me to the recreation director.

Recreation Director comes says they over booked but she saved me some chairs instead...in the baking sun! Hurray! After she leaves, I’m wondering if they are charging me, and I want to address the previous situation since I’ve had a bit of time to process, so back to Concierge I go.

Now there seems to be multiple Concierge CMs there, eventually including the one that booked the cabana, so it becomes a lovely scene. I address cabana first...no charge. Cabana CM (or somebody) was supposed to call and leave a message but it didn’t happen. He apologizes in a sincere manner for the inconvenience and that was fine, the cabana thing was not a huge deal to us - and he owned the mistake and simply apologized in a professional manner and we know things like that can happen.

The other CM was another story. I tried to address it in a direct but constructive manner but he doubled down on the “sorry not sorry.” He said nothing wrong, it was my interpretation. I asked him if he would have spoken that way in front of me if he knew I was the guest’s wife and why he proceeded to tell me what a bad day he was having to excuse it, if it was an appropriate way to be speaking about a guest, but he would not answer. There was no satisfactory end to the discussion. I wanted to speak to the manager but it had all taken so much time and I was becoming escalated at that point that I figured I would go soak my head in the pool and follow up the next day. I tried the next day but timing didn’t work so I got his email. I understand the need to sometimes vent about guests, but really, find a broom closet or something...

Anyway, we had a lovely trip and I love the Poly, we just lost a great deal of our down time dealing with stuff, and the location of the Poly to make down time easier was a big factor in choosing the resort in the first place. Oh, forgot to mention...in the middle of all of this, Maintenance came (without checking in with Concierge as planned but my son happened to be in the room), and was able to retrieve the ear bud in under five minutes.

This is totally inexcusable and I so hope you follow up in writing. I can imagine that hearing a CM mock your family could really cast a shadow over your trip. I know it would affect me.

This makes me both sad and mad. I love the Poly but it makes me take pause...I don’t want to stay in a place that openly ridicules guests...especially since you guys did nothing wrong. You were just trying to get help and resolve a fairly simple problem. What a shame!

We just returned from our stay at the Poly. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I remember why I love that resort so much! I had planned on posting my thoughts on CL since we had never tried it (beautiful view/tiny plates!), but we had a truly negative experience with a CL concierge CM at the end of our trip that has really colored our experience and I find myself just needing to vent about it...

So, it was the culmination of a couple of different ongoing issues...I apologize in advance as it’s kind of a long story so feel free to skip, although beyond venting, there is a small point to my post. I also preface it to say my DH and I are both very easy going people - it takes a lot to ruffle us...

Upon check-in, I booked a half day cabana for our last full day. We had the Villains event, and we thought it would be nice not to have to worry about finding chairs - and more importantly shade - so we could just relax before the event. I had called ahead of the trip for availability for arrival day, but there was none, but I just asked upon check in about the whole week just to see and I was told there was availability for a full or half day for Thursday. Booked, confirmed, easy-peasy.

That same day, we had a rather silly maintenance issue of our own making...my daughter’s Ipod ear bud (a gift) popped off her ear and managed to go inside one of the hollow sides (“footboard”) of the daybed. After much searching, we could see it inside but after much effort, we realized we could not access it, so we spoke to concierge about getting maintenance there to assist us. We needed someone with a tool to take off the back so we could get it.

What followed for the rest of our stay was just a comedy of errors, and a lot of miscommunication and wasted time that I can’t even fully explain. We’d explain the situation and ask for Maintenance, they’d send Mousekeeping who really couldn’t do it, they’d be baffled about why we called them, we’d explain again, nothing would happen, we’d explain again at Concierge and show them, they’d make a plan with Maintenance, we’d wait for Maintenance but then they wouldn’t follow the “plan” and contact Concierge to call us, so we wouldn’t be in the room but maybe watching our phone at the pool, cycle would start over again with new staff...by the second day I wanted to give up and take the loss, since it was wasting our “down” time during the afternoon, but they didn’t want us to lose her ear bud and really it wasn’t that tough of problem to fix, so it continued…in retrospect I wish I insisted we stop trying but, alas...

I guess part of my point is that this issue continued over the length of our stay for two reasons: (1) they were not actually listening to us regarding what the problem was (sending the wrong person for the job multiple times) and (2) there seemed to be problematic communication issues between departments. Multiple times Concierge said that Maintenance would let them know when they were coming so they could text us, but then they would come and go without contacting Concierge and we would miss them. Not sure if this is a understaffing thing or just communication? Trying to directly call ourselves didn’t seem to help either.

Thursday comes and HS is bananas. We leave a FP line since it is unusually long and we don’t want to cut into our cabana time. My husband goes to Concierge to deal with earbud, since Maintenance was there at some point and why weren’t we in the room? The kids head to the pool first and guess what? No cabana! Kids tell me CMs have no record of us. Okay, so I go to Concierge to inquire and it’s just me, and a Concierge CM talking to another CM. The Concierge CM is complaining - in a very mocking tone - about a guest. I feel uncomfortable and baffled why they are continuing this conversation in front of me. Then I realize, they are talking about MY HUSBAND! And, of course...the ear bud! And worst of all - the Concierge still is misunderstanding the issue, lol! I stand there, debating whether I should slither out of the room, but the fact that he is misrepresenting the problem sends me over the edge, so I interrupt them and calmly re-state the problem and what is needed to fix it.

He appeared shocked and embarrassed. The other CM disappears (come to find out later it is his manager - go figure!) and tells me that he is having “one of those days” but does not apologize for mocking my husband. I am a very introverted person, so in dealing with a conflictual situation, I generally find it helps me to regroup in order to address a situation in a constructive manner. I ask about the cabana, he refers me to the recreation director.

Recreation Director comes says they over booked but she saved me some chairs instead...in the baking sun! Hurray! After she leaves, I’m wondering if they are charging me, and I want to address the previous situation since I’ve had a bit of time to process, so back to Concierge I go.

Now there seems to be multiple Concierge CMs there, eventually including the one that booked the cabana, so it becomes a lovely scene. I address cabana first...no charge. Cabana CM (or somebody) was supposed to call and leave a message but it didn’t happen. He apologizes in a sincere manner for the inconvenience and that was fine, the cabana thing was not a huge deal to us - and he owned the mistake and simply apologized in a professional manner and we know things like that can happen.

The other CM was another story. I tried to address it in a direct but constructive manner but he doubled down on the “sorry not sorry.” He said nothing wrong, it was my interpretation. I asked him if he would have spoken that way in front of me if he knew I was the guest’s wife and why he proceeded to tell me what a bad day he was having to excuse it, if it was an appropriate way to be speaking about a guest, but he would not answer. There was no satisfactory end to the discussion. I wanted to speak to the manager but it had all taken so much time and I was becoming escalated at that point that I figured I would go soak my head in the pool and follow up the next day. I tried the next day but timing didn’t work so I got his email. I understand the need to sometimes vent about guests, but really, find a broom closet or something...

Anyway, we had a lovely trip and I love the Poly, we just lost a great deal of our down time dealing with stuff, and the location of the Poly to make down time easier was a big factor in choosing the resort in the first place. Oh, forgot to mention...in the middle of all of this, Maintenance came (without checking in with Concierge as planned but my son happened to be in the room), and was able to retrieve the ear bud in under five minutes.
Wow. I am so sorry you had this experience. How incredibly rude! I would follow up for sure in writing. They need to know when incidents like these happen...and they should not happen at all. DD and I had a negative experience with a very rude CM at the Poly CL last summer. I wrote to Disney after our trip, explained what had happened, and told them my experience had so much of a negative impact on me that I would not be staying CL at the Poly again; I am not paying a rather large amount of money to be treated rudely. (It turned me off to the Poly so much that I don’t really have an interest in staying there again, but DD loves it...so back we will go, in October to a standard room.) Our following stay, last September, we received an upgrade at the GF from a regular garden view room to SL. It could be a coincidence. I like to think that my complaint had something to do with it. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at the Poly as well, but at least it sounds like your trip was quite enjoyable overall. Glad you were able to get the earbuds!

If anyone is currently staying at YC CL can you please tell me the type of toaster they have? Apparently, theirs is better than our current option. TIA!

If anyone is currently staying at YC CL can you please tell me the type of toaster they have? Apparently, theirs is better than our current option. TIA!

We aren't there now, but we were there twice in the last month. I'm not sure what you mean by the type, but it is a 4-slice toaster that worked well while we were there (we used it every morning!). I'm not sure of the brand though, if that's what you are wondering.

Okay - I have another questions and I am asking for your experience with it. I currently have 1 night CL booked at CR and then 4 nights at CSR CL - I am looking to extend the CR CL stay by 1 night and shorten the CSR CL stay by 1 night. I don't see the availability on the website but is this something DSS might have some magic to assist with?

They definitely cannot help with this, unfortunately. I originally booked five nights CL TPV at CR and for some reason we got randomly bumped off CL and downgraded to a regular TPV room. I didn’t request the downgrade, and only found out when I called to make CL FP. Fortunately I had already spoken to DSS several times so they were able to see that I had been booked on CL and made FP for me anyway. They couldn’t fix the room issue though. It was actually a nightmare trying to get it all straightened out, and I had to go through reservations to do it.

They definitely cannot help with this, unfortunately. I originally booked five nights CL TPV at CR and for some reason we got randomly bumped off CL and downgraded to a regular TPV room. I didn’t request the downgrade, and only found out when I called to make CL FP. Fortunately I had already spoken to DSS several times so they were able to see that I had been booked on CL and made FP for me anyway. They couldn’t fix the room issue though. It was actually a nightmare trying to get it all straightened out, and I had to go through reservations to do it.

Thanks for letting me know. Did they give you CL access and refund you the difference at least???

Thanks for letting me know. Did they give you CL access and refund you the difference at least???

They actually wanted me to pay several hundred dollars more than what I had already paid to get back to CL, and they said there were no TPV CL rooms left. I had to finally reach out to guest services and they fixed it, but the whole thing was really irritating and I have not been able to stop obsessively checking MDE ever since to make sure that we weren’t just randomly downgraded again.

Okay - I have another questions and I am asking for your experience with it. I currently have 1 night CL booked at CR and then 4 nights at CSR CL - I am looking to extend the CR CL stay by 1 night and shorten the CSR CL stay by 1 night. I don't see the availability on the website but is this something DSS might have some magic to assist with?
While no, this is not something they help with in any way just to mention, DSS can't make magic happen with anything.
They don't get special access to ADR spots, FP spots, Tour Spots, nothing. If it's sold out, it's sold out. For them too.

Hi! I am sorry if this has been covered at length but I don't have a ton of time to go digging. What is the general policy for taking food/drinks out of the lounge? Is there a limit of what you can take out? (if you are allowed to take anything out) We recently were upgraded and have zero experience with club level. When we are at our hotel we would rather just decompress in the privacy of our own room rather than hang out in a public space, is that allowed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi! I am sorry if this has been covered at length but I don't have a ton of time to go digging. What is the general policy for taking food/drinks out of the lounge? Is there a limit of what you can take out? (if you are allowed to take anything out) We recently were upgraded and have zero experience with club level. When we are at our hotel we would rather just decompress in the privacy of our own room rather than hang out in a public space, is that allowed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You are welcome to take whatever you wish out of the lounge. If you are taking alcohol to the pool it needs to be put into something that isn't glass. What an awesome upgrade! Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much! Yes it was a great surprise :-)
Just so you know, this is how they get you! We were upgraded at BWI a few years ago. Now we need CL. Enjoy yourself and go back to your room with what you want. We found that during our stay last week, the lounge got very crowded at times and we had to take food back to our room. The CMs were apologetic and even helped when I was trying to take two glasses of wine into my room and was having a little trouble with that (I hadn't had any yet and one glass was for my sister -- don't judge 🙂).

Just so you know, this is how they get you! We were upgraded at BWI a few years ago. Now we need CL. Enjoy yourself and go back to your room with what you want. We found that during our stay last week, the lounge got very crowded at times and we had to take food back to our room. The CMs were apologetic and even helped when I was trying to take two glasses of wine into my room and was having a little trouble with that (I hadn't had any yet and one glass was for my sister -- don't judge 🙂).

Haha, I know Disney's tricks! I was once a moderate vacation goer till they upgraded us to Deluxe and have never looked back :0)

We aren't there now, but we were there twice in the last month. I'm not sure what you mean by the type, but it is a 4-slice toaster that worked well while we were there (we used it every morning!). I'm not sure of the brand though, if that's what you are wondering.

Thanks! I am actually looking for the brand of toaster. My family also used it every day and now that we are home are complaining that we don't have one that works so well. LOL

Thanks! I am actually looking for the brand of toaster. My family also used it every day and now that we are home are complaining that we don't have one that works so well. LOL

Oh! Lol, sorry. I only took pics of the food on my table otherwise I'd see if I could read the brand from a pic. Hoping someone who frequents YC CL has a pic of the toaster area and can zoom in on the brand!

I’ve taken a lot of lounge pics in the past, but this is the best I can do on a zoomed in toaster - which probably isn’t that helpful. This was December 2018 so does have a bit of age.

Hopefully someone else can be of more help!

View attachment 426097
@GADisneyDad14 the photo was very helpful.
@Laurieannc I'm reasonably sure that is a Hatco product. The sort of blimp shaped levers are good indicators. I think this is a similar one at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Hatco-TPT-12...+tp-120&qid=1565914530&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

@GADisneyDad14 the photo was very helpful.
@Laurieannc I'm reasonably sure that is a Hatco product. The sort of blimp shaped levers are good indicators. I think this is a similar one at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Hatco-TPT-12...+tp-120&qid=1565914530&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Lol! I think you are on to something. The DIS lowers the resolution/quality of photos but in the original I can zoom in much better to the little red logo and I’m nearly certain it matches the Hatco logo. Not 100% certain, but it seems highly likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter