Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Since we will be staying during a Crowd Level 10 week (new years), this is my typical, daily strategy using the paid CL FP's. Any feedback?

How do I say? Each of us has to do what works for us. Some are early risers or late risers, for example. There's no right or wrong in that, just opinions.

In that spirit, your overall strategy sounds fine. Perhaps I can give you some info though...

FP options often diminish later in the day, but sometimes pop back up again. Always at WDW, MUCH depends on weather. Cold, wind, high heat, rain= lower crowds. Perfect = higher crowds.

I don't put any stock in crowd predictors. They are often wrong. Everyone on these boards can tell you Easter week is typically busy, except when it isn't. I've been to WDW over MANY holiday weeks, crowds vary. Parks will likely be busy fairly early and fairly late, or maybe not. Crowds peak 11am- 4:30pm, but weather throws that off, especially late PM.

When you say, "eat dinner in the park" what food choice do you mean? A table service meal-same park = allow 90 minutes, maybe longer.

Quick serve meals also vary, especially holiday weeks. Peak times = lines. If, eating = (I promise I'm not being snarky) "a snack, if we happen to pass a place with no line," then eating can be quick, otherwise even QS meals may take quite a while.

[For us, holiday week noon hungry = snack that tides us over until 2pm/QS lines are short.]

If you are taking breaks, then hopping pre/post-break = no time loss. Hopping park-to-park costs time. HS/Epcot = 20+min (if brisk pace/short line). Other park-to-park hops take longer. Transportation to D Springs takes a while each way via bus. IMO, it = half-day activity.

O holiday weeks, 7D often goes from zero to 2hours inside of 10min. Some rides have short waits, but not all. Flexible is key.

You may or may not be able to use your FP as you have planned above. On your 1st visit, WDW has many distractions. Holiday weeks, expect everything to take longer. Even with a FP, Space Mtn might take a full hour. Restrooms will have waits. A ticket might not scan properly. A ride might break down for an hour. Gift shops have lines.

All those delays are rather unpredictable. Planning to use a FP at the back end of the time window is risky, even for WDW vets.

MANY folks plan to arrive for AM EMH or Rope Drop, but they get delayed because of glitches that are beyond our control. It happens even to those who know WDW very well, and it can be stressful when we have made plans. I'm not saying don't make plans. Just try to keep them flexible, and allow plenty of time for the unexpected to happen.

Lots of Chronos Club love around here, which I’m totally digging after my quick solo trip last month. I’ve been forever reporting back here but here goes

I loved...

Gran Destino- gorgeous hotel, all rooms are easy walks in the tower, fast elevators, felt like a real Deluxe (I’m looking at you rundown BC!)

Rooms- Chromecast was awesome! (Temperamental sometimes but a nice option- especially considering the Disney free on-demand library was VERY small.) Standard view was the best. Fireworks from your room!

Chronos Club- CM all great, welcoming and attentive even to a solo traveler, beautiful views from the beautiful club. Microwave and full size water bottles. Large wine selection that changed a bit from afternoon to evening. Mimosas all day. Lots of seating.

Outstanding breakfast- eggs, bacon, Mouse Waffles (maybe they do both because on my last morning I swear I noticed they were Minnie waffles because there was a bow in her hair), espresso machine is very user friendly. The chips were yummy as were the oatmeal raisin cookies. One night I made it for dessert and they had the most beautiful truffles! Carmel, chocolate & berry filling in the 3 I tried. They even tasted good :) (did not care for that Mickey thing)

View attachment 443680

-Bell services: dropped my bag after checking out of my standard tower room after my first night because my CL one wasn’t ready and they said they would put my bag in my room when it was ready. Sure enough I got back from the parks and my bags were waiting for me in my room.

Didn’t like:
-big gap under doors to hallways, I stuffed a towel in it each night
-high pitch sound emitting from fire alarm system in both my rooms so I used earplugs every night
-Dinner/appetizers: there was a lot there but out of my 3 or 4 night’s (pardon my fuzzy brain) the only thing I liked was the shrimp paella. I will absolutely not touch anything “meat substitute” and the other dishes were just not to my taste. I kinda knew that going in from what I’d read here so I was ready to dinner in the parks.

Conclusions
-love this mod+ CL option even though I don’t get as much CL $$ value due to the dislike of appetizers
-Tower is very convenient and really helps minimize walking if that’s a concern
-will return (just booked for Mar actually!) because breakfast, calm feel of the club (really nice place to “get away”) and good CMs. I like the splurge of CL due to that “get away” from the craziness someplace besides your room feeling but traveling solo I’m not willing to pay up for it- (or even a deluxe for that matter), CSR CL struck the right balance between mathing out on some food savings and how much more I’m willing to pay for the “experience” of CL.

(@trishadono it was great to meet you!!)
Just got back from my 2nd stay.Yep the shrimp Paella was good.

The suite is a nice option. We had so much room and no noise issues.

The cms are just great! Breakfast is good and evening is just meh.

We did get some pixie dust in the lounge. The last night DD asked for scissors to cut a tag off her Arendelle Aqua ears. When they asked were we got them I explained that I had stayed here just a few weeks ago with DH. We popped over to gf to hear the band and grabbed them at the shop knowing dd would want them for this trip. ( sold out now FYI)

OH ? Here let me do something for you. ..... tap tap tap.... tap tap.... All set , you each have 3 extra FP's for tonight. WOOHOO! It was a MK night so we had lots of options! Having 6 in a night made for a bang going home.

When in 2020, if you mind me asking? Both Poly and WL resort-side rooms are on the back end of their useful life. That doesn't mean they are bad... it just means if you're really picky you might notice things... some dents/dings. Styling is not as fresh as the more recent Disney resort renovations.

Poly has done a few test rooms in another longhouse and room renovations are presumably happening at some point... sometime soon. I have not followed WL news closely, but it has to be on the list at some point as well, I assume. Of course timing for either is totally TBD AFAIK.

I find it interesting to read differing opinions on Poly. I love the Poly vibe, especially when staying CL. You get the fun/energetic lobby...the monorail... people coming and going. Countered with the (mostly) peaceful Hawaii longhouse experience. It's just such a lovely mix that suits us well.

You see people talk about how the Poly lobby is chaotic. I was just at YC/BC for the weekend... I find the BC lobby loud/chaotic, but no one ever really says anything bad about it. So I guess I just don't get it! Lol.

The Lava Pool can get crowded. But there are times when it can be the most incredible place to be. Mid day/afternoon... eh... maybe not so much. As you get into the evening hours and people head off to dinner... it's great. First thing in the AM is great. I do wish Disney would be more governing with people reserving chairs and such - that's been one of my bigger gripes over time there.

I used to really fret about the no balcony thing at Poly. I've had way more balcony/patio rooms than not. But once I finally did get a few... I survived. We found other ways to get our view time... the lounge... the nice chairs on the beach... etc. Still not my first choice, but I let places like the DIS get to me too much before actually experiencing it for myself.

I love WL CL. I love Poly CL. Both very different resort/CL experiences. We usually pick resort/purpose of the trip first, CL second - so often let that be our guide.

As for the WL Deluxe Room... not my favorite room location relative to the lounge - didn't really suit our style. It's a decent trek. And those balconies aren't exactly my favorite either, in my opinion.

One idea - WL has the CL "add-on" option for a regular resort reservation. $99/day for your stay and you get access to the lounge, etc. You don't get the pre-arrival CL benefits and it is subject to availability (no one has ever reported it not being available).... but that's a possible way to manage around the enclosed balcony topic.

Sorry... very TLDR!
Much appreciated, very interesting.

We are going the first 3 weeks of July. The last 5 nights of which I am hoping to stay CL at one of the resorts. I totally agree about the BC lobby, enjoyed my first stay there but my last was disappointing to the extent I would not go back.

Thats maybe a good idea regarding WL, might be a gamble though hoping to upgrade to CL on check in but its something I will consider. The balcony/patio is more of a deal for us as we have a young son, It was handy having an extra place to sit if he was napping during the day.

have to say I am swaying toward Poly.

👍

Hello all -

We are checking in next week at GF CL outer building. Few quick questions.

1. Do we still checkin at main desk in main building or do we go straight to the Suger Loaf building to checkin?

2. On Sunday breakfast, does the GF outter building lounge offer hot items like waffle, pancakes and omelet station? I read somewhere this was in the main building lounge but wanted to check if this is offered in the Sugar Loaf building.

Last edited:
Any highlights???

Universal was flat out awesome, we rode the new Hagrid’s ride 3 times and never waited more than 40 minutes!!!

We did the Star Wars ride 2 times with less than 35 minute waits!!

BWI CL was just spectacular as usual!

Grand Floridian, found out no more pecan rolls.......replaced with bread pudding.....I don’t need to say anymore about that but I will..........disappointing.

Skyliner opened..........we got stuck on it.......

CR.........don’t really want to discuss this stay unless you want me to........

679849F9-5798-4198-B261-078B2486451B.jpegFEBB3A44-DD1E-46ED-BF41-FEA3BD55461B.jpegCBF5B5D0-E407-4B3D-9141-E5146F7CD4BA.jpeg5FC4E205-D4C3-40E5-BE15-94437E039A61.jpeg5ED505FF-595A-46A9-A462-8B01CE9AF92E.jpeg6792F280-9D91-43C6-A547-6B2A6DCFFD76.jpeg382076A3-5CAD-42A9-9A4A-E91FA3839BF5.jpeg23735159-58DB-49AB-B6D3-BA17060AF413.jpeg

Last edited:

One of our rooms on the 1st floor was really worn and smelled of mold and mildew. Bad. I normally can take most of anything, worn and such is no big deal but odors get to me. It was a single night stay or I'd have to have been moved.

This is disappointing. DH and I are going in February (just the two of us for his birthday) and the discounts for WL were the worst - I think we got 10% when AKL was at least 25% :( But we've always wanted to stay here, so we booked it. I'll be sad if our room is smelly - odors really bother me too.

Hello all -

We are checking in next week at GF CL outer building. Few quick questions.

1. Do we still checkin at main desk in main building or do we go straight to the Suger Loaf building to checkin?

2. On Sunday breakfast, does the GF outter building lounge offer hot items like waffle, pancakes and omelet station? I read somewhere this was in the main building lounge but wanted to check if this is offered in the Sugar Loaf building.

1. Sometimes there are CMs outside with ipads who can check you in (this seems to be hit miss), but if not, go to the front desk in the main building. If you do OCI, you might be able to just go straight to the SL building ;).

2. I can't help with this, but hopefully others will be able to give some input :).

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Universal was flat out awesome, we rode the new Hagrid’s ride 3 times and never waited more than 40 minutes!!!

We did the Star Wars ride 2 times with less than 35 minute waits!!

BWI CL was just spectacular as usual!

Grand Floridian, found out no more pecan rolls.......replaced with bread pudding.....I don’t need to say anymore about that but I will..........disappointing.

Skyliner opened..........we got stuck on it.......

CR.........don’t really want to discuss this stay unless you want me to........

Glad you had a great trip! I can't believe the sticky buns are gone again :sad:.

I wish I wasn’t so busy because I wanted to try to get one of those trip report thingy’s done but you know me....... I’ll just throw some pics up every so often out of nowhere lol!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to more pics :goodvibes.

Ugh they took them away before and when we all cried they brought em back, keep crying people😭

:thumbsup2

This is disappointing. DH and I are going in February (just the two of us for his birthday) and the discounts for WL were the worst - I think we got 10% when AKL was at least 25% :( But we've always wanted to stay here, so we booked it. I'll be sad if our room is smelly - odors really bother me too.
I don't have the exact room number but it is one of the 1st floor rooms, facing the pool, very close to the end of the hall near the door going out. It's like a low point, and nearish to the water/swampy area close to the cabins and I think that contributes to water standing close enough to have a mold smell in the room. Note, I did not see any anywhere, I think it was just close enough to smell (similar to how you can smell when it's from the crawl space in a house, not inside the house)

I just got back from a trip. We didn’t stay there but had a dining reservation at the Poly. I noticed when we were entering that to the left where I found the bell services desk in the past, there was a sign that said something like club/concierge check-in. I don’t know if that’s always been there and we missed it the time we stayed CL once in the past? Or maybe it’s an alternative to CMs with tablets greeting guests at the door? Just curious if anyone knows. The time we stayed was about a year and a half ago, and we waited in the very long regular check-in line.

I just got back from a trip. We didn’t stay there but had a dining reservation at the Poly. I noticed when we were entering that to the left where I found the bell services desk in the past, there was a sign that said something like club/concierge check-in. I don’t know if that’s always been there and we missed it the time we stayed CL once in the past? Or maybe it’s an alternative to CMs with tablets greeting guests at the door? Just curious if anyone knows. The time we stayed was about a year and a half ago, and we waited in the very long regular check-in line.
I believe it just says Concierge. They've always had Concierge desks at all resorts, even Value. That's not the same as the CL at all.

I saw that CL Arrivals sign to the left in July too. The sign was up and it was staffed maybe 50% of the time in our comings/goings. They used to have a similar CL arrival sign on the right when you walk in that was sometimes there, sometimes not. I think they just switched bell services and that sometimes staffed CL arrival station, if I’m not mistaken. We had to pick up ECVs for my parents and we checked them out with bell services at the same counter/station that used to be the sometimes there CL arrival station.

Poly still ranks low on the arrival experience in my book. I just head on over to Hawaii myself these days. :-)

Re: WL reno. It was on the list, with a start date. And that got canceled. It was over a year ago. Not a peep about them starting up again thus far. It's desperately needed. One of our rooms on the 1st floor was really worn and smelled of mold and mildew. Bad. I normally can take most of anything, worn and such is no big deal but odors get to me. It was a single night stay or I'd have to have been moved.

Our solution when we don't have a balcony at Poly is to open the slider door and pull chairs from the room right up to the opening. Pretty much the same as a balcony and on one trip when it poured we got the best of both worlds, open door, no rain.
I can’t do dust, mold or mildew. Immediate sinus/chest infections and sometimes swollen shut eyes. Old and dated are fine; indoor “pollution” isn’t. I had an old room at AKL in January that didn’t bother me. We have WL club level over Christmas, so am hoping all is ok. I wonder if it would be worth me speaking to DSS about my allergies as I have never stayed WL before. Perhaps a deep clean request would better my odds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter