Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We checked out of AKL Jambo Club Level and it was amazing! Of the 12 or so DVC rooms on the lounge floor (6th) half are closed for refurbishment so the club was so nice! We had wonderful food and drink and great service!

I will do it again every chance I get!
Wait, what? They had the Savannah-facing rooms blocked off at the end of June because the noise was too much from the hotel refurb...were the pool-facing rooms blocked off now? Those DVC rooms are not actually getting refurbed at all, so I can only imagine it’s for noise issues again, but we were specifically told that no more rooms would be blocked off on either side for renovation noise when we were there in October :mad:

Quick question for those of you who have stayed at the GDT at CSR. Were the different food offerings labeled? We are here now, and I’m slightly irritated that nothing is labeled. I keep needing to find a CM to walk me through the foods and identify what’s what. My DD is a rather picky eater, and there’s a lot she just won’t eat. I, too, prefer to know what things are so that I can make a choice about whether or not they are something I want to eat. Taking a guess about whether or not I’ll like the way something tastes based on how it looks isn’t the most efficient way of doing things. Just my opinion.

I love the refrigerator with large bottles of water!!
Funny, I get wanting to know what things are (and prefer that) but honestly, just getting it and trying it can be a great way to expand ones palette. If you turn it down just on the ingredients but not on the taste you could be missing out on what may end up being a favorite. As long as there are no allergies issues, which is something different all together. At least they are small bites so if you get something and don't like it, you aren't wasting much.

Wait, what? They had the Savannah-facing rooms blocked off at the end of June because the noise was too much from the hotel refurb...were the pool-facing rooms blocked off now? Those DVC rooms are not actually getting refurbed at all, so I can only imagine it’s for noise issues again, but we were specifically told that no more rooms would be blocked off on either side for renovation noise when we were there in October :mad:
I'm sure they thought that but really the folks on the front lines at the resort are often the LAST to know about such things.

I'm sure they thought that but really the folks on the front lines at the resort are often the LAST to know about such things.
This is so true. They moved those poor, deafened guests out of the Savannah side at the last moment, from what I understand.

I’m just worried because we will be there in about ten days with my elderly father and I’m concerned about being moved to another area of the hotel.

Funny, I get wanting to know what things are (and prefer that) but honestly, just getting it and trying it can be a great way to expand ones palette. If you turn it down just on the ingredients but not on the taste you could be missing out on what may end up being a favorite. As long as there are no allergies issues, which is something different all together. At least they are small bites so if you get something and don't like it, you aren't wasting much.
We’re vegetarian so what’s in something is a deal-breaker. I was excited to try the Chronos Club after reading about the plant-based options, but it’s slightly irritating to need to go find a CM to ask each time I want to know which ones are plant-based. I remember seeing photos where things were labeled. I wonder what made them decide to make the switch to not labeling things. The lounge is really nice (and big!), though. I love the full size beverage bottles (water and lemonade) in the refrigerator. The room is really comfortable as well. Overall we’re enjoying our stay. Just a nuisance to continually need to find someone to ask what the offerings in the lounge are.

I look back at @cwis’s detailed posts from August (for example) and Chronos Club had lots of food labels (and frankly the food options look more substantial than what we had, but always hard to tell with pics and as I mentioned in my review, we only experienced two nights): https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-61013556

One reason the labels were a little more important to me is that, while I’m by no means a vegetarian, I’ve been making an effort to lower my meat intake, particularly red meat, which I basically try to totally avoid.

@ColoradoMom12, we had some of your same observations - one particular memory was the ‘meatballs’ as us and others were trying to figure out what exactly they were and there was some general confusion trying to get an answer.

Certainly not the end of the world, just an observation.

Last edited:
No labels at GDT last week. I don't know why they don't make some labels since it's the same rotating foods! They always wanted to tell me about the foods so it wasn't a big deal.

We’re vegetarian so what’s in something is a deal-breaker. I was excited to try the Chronos Club after reading about the plant-based options, but it’s slightly irritating to need to go find a CM to ask each time I want to know which ones are plant-based. I remember seeing photos where things were labeled. I wonder what made them decide to make the switch to not labeling things. The lounge is really nice (and big!), though. I love the full size beverage bottles (water and lemonade) in the refrigerator. The room is really comfortable as well. Overall we’re enjoying our stay. Just a nuisance to continually need to find someone to ask what the offerings in the lounge are.
Oh, that's different too. Vegetarian/Vegan would need to know also. I was referring to folks with no eating restrictions at all.

All sorts of reasons for them not to have signs. Probably just didn't make them for each dish. So they didn't put them out for any. Not a good reason, just A reason.

This is so true. They moved those poor, deafened guests out of the Savannah side at the last moment, from what I understand.

I’m just worried because we will be there in about ten days with my elderly father and I’m concerned about being moved to another area of the hotel.

The DVC rooms on the 6th floor that over look the pool side, were all closed off during our stay. We were told it was for refurb and there were a lot of work men with vests and hard hats on the floor.

We were the 2nd room from the lounge and were not bothered by noise other than the drums beating in the resort lobby, but then it was before 9 PM but it was loud. One afternoon the power did go off briefly but it was back on in under a minute.

(EDITED)

Haha! :goodvibes I’m happy to chime in further following your response.:-)

As for your preference for a more open lounge, CR and YC don’t match that. I believe WL and AKL lounges are open to the main lobbies, so may have a more open feel. None of your top four have multiple floors and openness of GFRPC, which you noted as a favorite lounge style.

I love the serenity of WL. It is near the magic, without being on top of it. Standard guest rooms are reportedly run-down, but you would need either two of those or a deluxe room, and I'm unsure as to the current state of those. Deluxe rooms at WL are on different floors than the lounge, and you noted a preference of being close to the lounge. There are a couple of suites (we have looked at the Yosemite Suite, but didn't like sleeping arrangements even for our family of four), but I'm not sure whether or not they have CL access and where exactly they are located. WL CL CMs have an excellent reputation on this thread.

AKL would also offer serenity, and ANIMALS! 🦁 Some friends have shared AKL transportation isn't the best, but of course, YMMV, and you've shared that you're open to Uber/etc. The standard AKL CL rooms are quite far from the lounge. AKL has one- and two- bedroom CL suites, but many of them are located on various floors. AKL rooms have been/ are being refurbished.

Most of the CL lounge breakfast offerings are relatively similar, so if that’s mostly what you’ll be utilizing it for, that isn’t really a deciding factor.

YC has two bedroom CL suites, I believe on various floors. CR has one- and two- bedroom and hospitality CL suites, but not all of them are in the same wing/ building as the lounge. I'm not sure if you are open to larger suites that are not bookable online. There are a limited number in various resorts that you would have to call about to find more details (also some posts here on Disboards about these), rates, and availability. They are sometimes farther from the standard CL rooms and lounge, possibly on a different floor.

As you know, CR standard rooms are the only ones on your short list that sleep five. If you're interested in CR, it may be worth it to check out the Tower Club on the 14th floor (the Atrium Club is on the 12th). It is more intimate and has an even better reputation, and also has suites. It is not bookable online, so again, would require a call. FYI, I called once to ask about it, and the CM told me it doesn't exist :rotfl2:. CMs aren't always very familiar with some of those room types/ categories.

Other things we found helpful:
- Videos of deluxe room/suite tours and room layouts and locations online (TP and also lots of resources here on Disboards)
- CL lounge video tours
- Which resort ‘feels’ right? We get a certain feeling when we visit (and also watch videos) of our favorite resort. It just feels right!

Again, best of luck to you! :)

Completely 400% agree on the "what feels right" call. So many were telling me not to stay at GF and I went with it because it felt right. I was right!! A perfect week!!

Thanks for all the help. CR seems to be the correct call. I will definitely check out Tower Club. I also like the advice someone threw out that they don't stay club level at some resorts but do at others depending on the resort.

Which leads me to my latest debate. CL vs Villa?????? haha

We stayed in a 2 bedrrom villa at WL once and it was so private. Didn't hear or run into anyone the entire week. The view was terrible but the room was awesome. But very far away from anything including coffee.

I will. Besides location what is the difference between CCV and BRV?

Thanks

CCV is part of the main WL building. CCV is new, just opened in 2017. Hotel rooms from the main hotel were converted to DVC rooms. BRV is located on the same property, just a separate building. The rooms are a bit bigger in BRV. If you would like to see some CCV virtual room tours, click here and scroll towards the bottom of the first post! Good luck deciding!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...k-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

Last edited:
Completely 400% agree on the "what feels right" call. So many were telling me not to stay at GF and I went with it because it felt right. I was right!! A perfect week!!

Thanks for all the help. CR seems to be the correct call. I will definitely check out Tower Club. I also like the advice someone threw out that they don't stay club level at some resorts but do at others depending on the resort.

Which leads me to my latest debate. CL vs Villa?????? haha

We stayed in a 2 bedrrom villa at WL once and it was so private. Didn't hear or run into anyone the entire week. The view was terrible but the room was awesome. But very far away from anything including coffee.

You're welcome! Since you asked... :rotfl2: If your primary uses for CL are simply breakfast and extra space (lounge), I do think a villa could be a good match for your family. It's easy to prepare breakfasts/coffee/snacks there, it offers more sleeping options for your party of five, and will you give you common space outside of the actual bedroom areas. Depending on resort, time of year, and available discounts, a villa could be far more affordable than a larger CL suite. We stayed in a two bedroom villa this past spring on a trip with my in-laws, and while we missed CL and are going back to it for our next trip, there were definite advantages to staying in a villa. Good luck with your decision!

You're welcome! Since you asked... :rotfl2: If your primary uses for CL are simply breakfast and extra space (lounge), I do think a villa could be a good match for your family. It's easy to prepare breakfasts/coffee/snacks there, it offers more sleeping options for your party of five, and will you give you common space outside of the actual bedroom areas. Depending on resort, time of year, and available discounts, a villa could be far more affordable than a larger CL suite. We stayed in a two bedroom villa this past spring on a trip with my in-laws, and while we missed CL and are going back to it for our next trip, there were definite advantages to staying in a villa. Good luck with your decision!

I think my biggest problem is the fact that the only CL we have ever tried was GFRP 4th floor. It was amazing. I will try not to compare every CL with GF main building. We have decided to go with a bigger room for our next WDW vacation. Most likely not CL. If anyone has a moment I would love to hear about their favorite CL that is bigger than a standard room. Just in case we change our mind on the CL. haha

Right now it is still AKL vs CR vs WL. But we are still open for others. I always like NEW rooms but still always fall back on the MK resorts which aren't new (at least feeling new) besides BLT.

I think my biggest problem is the fact that the only CL we have ever tried was GFRP 4th floor. It was amazing. I will try not to compare every CL with GF main building. We have decided to go with a bigger room for our next WDW vacation. Most likely not CL. If anyone has a moment I would love to hear about their favorite CL that is bigger than a standard room. Just in case we change our mind on the CL. haha

Right now it is still AKL vs CR vs WL. But we are still open for others. I always like NEW rooms but still always fall back on the MK resorts which aren't new (at least feeling new) besides BLT.
Having stayed at all CL, including GF main building, it won’t be hard to find one as good if not better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter