Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are dipping our toes in the CL waters once again in September and just booked a couple of nights at GF RPC. We wanted Poly but the rate we got made RPC a better deal. GF is the only deluxe we have not yet tried...but Poly! I keep thinking we must have avoided GF for a reason, as we were on the verge of booking it once before (not CL). I’m hoping we made the right decision. Tell me what we will love about GF RPC so I can be at peace with my choice, lol.

Haven’t stayed in RPC ( or any club level) since 2014 and I am very excited to be returning in July.

I have been scanning through this thread and am trying to make myself aware of changes in lounge services. I saw mention of waffles 😃 and CMs pouring drinks 😧

Will someone with recent experience please share?

RPC had been our favorite club level but then we then we discovered we liked staying in an Epcot area resort too. With the World Showcase five minutes away we didn’t feel the need for club level.

I thought it was past time to return to the GF.

Thanks in advance!

We just returned from a stay at the RPC and the lounge, I thought, was even better this year than last. I'm sorry I didn't get any photos, but there were 23 of us staying on this trip and even on the mornings I thought I could sneak down for a quiet cup of coffee before any other family members were up, there was always someone there within minutes of my arrival o_O

(I was super grateful for two extra days with just me and DH after the rest of the family left)

The food was varied and plentiful. Mickey Waffles made fresh every morning (they said on Thursday they make Crepes and I was disappointed I didn't get those). Deviled eggs, turkey, ham, pastries, fruit, etc. every morning. At tea time, there was little bits of crudite, amazing soup, and breads. And then warm scones with clotted cream and jam tarts. Every evening was heavy hor'derves and they rotated out - the kids especially liked the night they did Mac & Cheese. And then the deserts rolled out with cordials.

Though wine wasn't brought out until 5 PM, there was never any hesitation of asking for a glass of wine (or beer) at lunch time. Or asking for another glass of wine after the cordials came out.

The staff there is amazing - kind, thoughtful, and some downright funny. All personable and friendly. Not a single bad interaction with staff

Though the lounge was full, it wasn't so crowded that we couldn't find seating. If not all together, at least close together. As a large group, it was nice to have a place to gather here and there - and then everyone went about their days.

The only downside of this year from last is the location of the orchestra. It's a bit harder to hear in their current location. When we checked out on the 7th, they had just taken down the tree and moved the pianist back into the center of the lobby. Not sure if they are moving the orchestra anywhere else now that the Gingerbread house and the tree are gone.

Excited - just booked YC CL for the first week in September. Its been about 4 years since we have stayed at club level.... and our first time staying club level at YC! (Previously CL stays include Boardwalk, GF, & AKL) We took a break from Club Level for awhile because I felt like we weren't getting a great value from it.... but I think that we will be spending a lot of the time at the pool this trip (given its in September) so we will use the Club more. If there is anything that folks want to share about more recent changes to Club Level and/or experiences at YC - I'm all ears :earsgirl:

I just stayed YC CL last June and it was great! The food offerings were good and always replenished. It was my first time at YC, so I can't compare it to previous stays, but I did enjoy it and will definitely return :).

We are dipping our toes in the CL waters once again in September and just booked a couple of nights at GF RPC. We wanted Poly but the rate we got made RPC a better deal. GF is the only deluxe we have not yet tried...but Poly! I keep thinking we must have avoided GF for a reason, as we were on the verge of booking it once before (not CL). I’m hoping we made the right decision. Tell me what we will love about GF RPC so I can be at peace with my choice, lol.

It's been quite awhile since my RPC stay so I can't comment on current offerings, but I loved the lounge/atmosphere. The lounge is large/spacious with beautiful views of the grounds and it's relaxing to sit and listen to the band play. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on BWI CL deluxe vs standard. Just as I was about to book BWI I saw that a GF RPC room is available for the same dates! With an AP discount they are about the same price.

Thoughts on BWI CL vs GF RPC? It would be a BWI deluxe room vs standard main bldg. at the GF. TIA!

If the extra space is important to you, I'd go with the deluxe room at BWI. Otherwise, I don't think you can go wrong with either one as they are both great CLs, IMO. Good luck :).

Thank you @mrsap @TexanInTheMidwest and @mickeynut1 for sharing your experiences with RPC. We are getting excited to try something new now 💗. Since we let our APs expire our trips (especially club level) will not be as frequent so we have to enjoy them as we get them.

We just returned from a stay at the RPC and the lounge, I thought, was even better this year than last. I'm sorry I didn't get any photos, but there were 23 of us staying on this trip and even on the mornings I thought I could sneak down for a quiet cup of coffee before any other family members were up, there was always someone there within minutes of my arrival o_O

(I was super grateful for two extra days with just me and DH after the rest of the family left)

The food was varied and plentiful. Mickey Waffles made fresh every morning (they said on Thursday they make Crepes and I was disappointed I didn't get those). Deviled eggs, turkey, ham, pastries, fruit, etc. every morning. At tea time, there was little bits of crudite, amazing soup, and breads. And then warm scones with clotted cream and jam tarts. Every evening was heavy hor'derves and they rotated out - the kids especially liked the night they did Mac & Cheese. And then the deserts rolled out with cordials.

Though wine wasn't brought out until 5 PM, there was never any hesitation of asking for a glass of wine (or beer) at lunch time. Or asking for another glass of wine after the cordials came out.

The staff there is amazing - kind, thoughtful, and some downright funny. All personable and friendly. Not a single bad interaction with staff

Though the lounge was full, it wasn't so crowded that we couldn't find seating. If not all together, at least close together. As a large group, it was nice to have a place to gather here and there - and then everyone went about their days.

The only downside of this year from last is the location of the orchestra. It's a bit harder to hear in their current location. When we checked out on the 7th, they had just taken down the tree and moved the pianist back into the center of the lobby. Not sure if they are moving the orchestra anywhere else now that the Gingerbread house and the tree are gone.

23 people must have been a challenge to travel with!!! So glad you got a couple of days to yourself to decompress but what fun it must have been!

AFAIK for evening app service I think it breaks down as follows, subject to clarification from anyone with more recent experience:

Self-Serve
Poly
CR
AKL
BWI
GDT

CM-Served
GF RPC
GF SL
BC
YC

Tweener
WL (this one is debatable - CMs pour from the beer tap but beer is in the fridge for self-serve)

** I ‘think’ both GF RPC and SL are still CM-served but as I’m typing this I’m questioning if that’s still accurate, so someone please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Haven’t been to RPC since 10-19 but wanted to note they would leave things out after service has essentially ended for those to self serve, came in one night and decided to have a Grand Marnier on the rocks at nearly 11 pm.

60AD3367-55BD-4AA0-A3EC-9BF20577A4A1.jpeg

Leaving AKL CL today. We had a fantastic stay. We are staying DVC CL and our room was the studio closest to the lounge and CM prep area (6201). I thought it might be loud but we had no issues, maybe a little rustling in the mornings while they were putting out breakfast, but nothing significant, I would gladly take this room again, and much prefer it to the studio directly next to the ice machine/elevator on the other side.

Our view was horrible due to the construction on the Ostrich trail balconies/facade but we know the DVC rooms have terrible views regardless so that wasn't an issue at all.

After our trip last January I posted a long soliloquy about how amazing the lounge was that year, which I will save you all from this time, but to say that, if possible, this trip was even better. The afternoon service certainly had a few more options than last year, and everything else was still spot on. We have stayed DVC CL at AKL every January for almost 10 years now for comparison. Although we have only experienced three CLs (Poly, WL, and AKL) we by far prefer AKL. We would do WL CL again (me more than DH to be fair) and neither of us felt Poly was the best fit for our preferences.

Hopefully we are able to secure our room for next January!

I actually found the parks a bit more crowded than usual, but we were still able to get everything in we wanted including two ROTR rides. We had fantastic dinners and food all week at various restaurants, only one really bad item, but we knew it was a gamble going in. TIW has already paid for itself after a week.

In November ,we had the DVC one bedroom right next to that studio. Don't you just love the location! It was so easy to get to the lounge and enjoy!

At AKL CL, cordials are put out with the desserts every evening and they are self pour. They also put everything away (including clearing out the fridge) every evening after 10pm, so if there is something you'd like after that time I recommend grabbing it and putting it in your room fridge. We've done that several times with items such as cookies and milk since we like to enjoy a snack before bed and sometimes we don't get back from the parks in time.
thank you.

Wow 23 family members in one trip! We are planning a family trip next year that should have 11 members. Can I ask how your room configuration went? Back in 1999 we did a GF RPC trip and had a three bedroom suite on the 5th floor that we want to have again for this trip. Problem is when I call in to ask about it I'm told that those rooms are not a bookable group of rooms though I can request them. Having Disney meet my room requests has always been a nightmare so not putting to much faith in that. I was just curious how your rooms wer e located.

Wow 23 family members in one trip! We are planning a family trip next year that should have 11 members. Can I ask how your room configuration went? Back in 1999 we did a GF RPC trip and had a three bedroom suite on the 5th floor that we want to have again for this trip. Problem is when I call in to ask about it I'm told that those rooms are not a bookable group of rooms though I can request them. Having Disney meet my room requests has always been a nightmare so not putting to much faith in that. I was just curious how your rooms were located.

We originally wanted a suite, but then realized how that was too much togetherness and considering the range of ages - 1 year old to a 90 year old - so we booked 5 rooms in the main building. And, in the room request, I just asked that my MIL (who was 90) was as close to the lounge as possible so she didn't have to walk. And since she wasn't planning on going into the parks, we wanted the RPC club as the space for use to visit as a family.

We lucked out and they were able to get all of us on the same floor - so we were close to each other but not right on TOP of each other. Especially considering that we checked in on Jan. 2nd.

I liked that we were all close - and could pop easily to each other's rooms - but grateful for the evenings when it was just DH and I unwinding ;-)

Staying at the YC in April. Do they have any waffles for breakfast like GF RPC does. Or omelets like BWI? And if so can you remember what day? Thanks

Staying at the YC in April. Do they have any waffles for breakfast like GF RPC does. Or omelets like BWI? And if so can you remember what day? Thanks

No waffles or omelets at YC based on my recent experiences. YC has typically not had "chef-prepared while you wait" items in the lounge the way they do at RPC and BWI.

Sorry for the bad news!

I just came home from work and I had a nice surprise in my mailbox :o
View attachment 465824View attachment 465825

We must have booked at the same time!! Just got my mail! :goodvibes

Got mine today also!!

Me too :goodvibes

Staying YC CL for the first time 8/23-8/30💃

Hope you have a great time! I stayed YC CL for the first time last June and I loved it! Enjoy the rest of your planning :).

I changed my summer reservation from BWI to WL. I wanted GF SL but my kids win. I still may change again at some point 🙄 I'm very indecisive. I loved WL before all the construction, hope it is still peaceful. What floor is club level on? i do want to hit the new outdoor bar/lounge though and artist point.

I changed my summer reservation from BWI to WL. I wanted GF SL but my kids win. I still may change again at some point 🙄 I'm very indecisive. I loved WL before all the construction, hope it is still peaceful. What floor is club level on? i do want to hit the new outdoor bar/lounge though and artist point.
The club level lounge in on floor 7 and will be closed until all the club level rooms have been refurbed. Opening date is scheduled for March for the lounge and club level floor. refurbishment of floor six and so forth will begin after March. I’m excited for you to experience the new rooms for your summer trip. we have visited there a couple of times and even toured the lounge. It looks so amazing. We tend to stay at BWI or GF, but would like to stay at Wilderness lodge one day. I can’t wait to hear about your experiences. I really don’t think you can make a bad resort choice when it comes to club level, each one is special .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!