Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have Beach Club - CL for July 10-24. If they don't open the resorts until July 11, hopefully I can modify to July 11. I can't believe I would have to cancel the entire thing?

Im wondering if they are even going to be opening non dvc resorts in July.
They won’t be selling tickets but are magically going to cover their operating costs, they need the hotel revenue. Disney will try but even they can’t hit the black on Mickey Bars alone.

We have Beach Club - CL for July 10-24. If they don't open the resorts until July 11, hopefully I can modify to July 11. I can't believe I would have to cancel the entire thing?
You don’t have to cancel anything. Hopefully Disney will work with you or the resorts will open before 7/11.

Will Disney cancel you? Unknown at this point.

Also unknown is what CL will even look like 😞

DVC folk are the guinea pigs for the new policies. Makes sense as they can't keep returning points to owners and not expect outrage as there are not enough rooms to go around.

DVC AKV club level folk staying the end of June and start of July will be the first ones to see anything new they're trying. They'll have the loudest voices for change. I hope we have a few folk following this thread who are staying those first weeks to let us know what it's like.
This is a really good point. My guess, however, is that CL won’t be rolled out for the five DVC rooms that occupy the sixth floor. I do hope that they open the amenities and lounge for our late July trip, but CL is so up in the air right now and I don’t think they would staff the AKL lounge for such a tiny group. I’ll be very interested to know what they do for an alternative if it comes to that for the June DVC bookings.

I am so glad this group exists. We have mid August BWI CL reservation. I literally change my mind about going every hour.
We are BWI CL the second week in August as part of a split stay with the Poly. We have been going back and forth too. Just gonna wait it out until I know all the details. I'm anxious to see what happens to CL!

We might overlap 😃. We arrive 8/14. My husband was saying to our son tonight that his favorite part Of disney is watching old Mickey Mouse cartoons in the hotel right before we fall into an exhausted sleep because I woke them up to make rope drop and will be waking them up the next day again.

We might overlap 😃. We arrive 8/14. My husband was saying to our son tonight that his favorite part Of disney is watching old Mickey Mouse cartoons in the hotel right before we fall into an exhausted sleep because I woke them up to make rope drop and will be waking them up the next day again.
That’s seriously adorable!

Lol! We do the same! Mickey cartoons or the park and resorts channel only. No news or real
Life allowed!
We actually check out 8/14 so we may cross at BF ( if there is any😂)

Just FYI for the rest of the year FP+ is cancelled. Dining Plan is being refunded. ADRs will be cancelled and you can book ADRs 60 days out. No news on hotels or CL services.
More info https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oj3uIc8onF8R3kr2J_hhSidy9oU_IKEVfRX8xBmbMq9B4

Restaurants in parks also look like they are only bookable if you have park reservations. I'm actually not upset about 60 day out ADRs, I hope that's still in place by the time we go next year.

I have to think they'll be coming out with more resort info in the coming days. I still like the idea someone mentioned before of including some kind of private dining offering if they can't do food in the lounges. It would also help with social distancing. SD seems like the kind of thing that would be much easier to implement in certain lounges vs. others.

Just FYI for the rest of the year FP+ is cancelled. Dining Plan is being refunded. ADRs will be cancelled and you can book ADRs 60 days out. No news on hotels or CL services.
More info https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oj3uIc8onF8R3kr2J_hhSidy9oU_IKEVfRX8xBmbMq9B4
I left to enjoy my birthday dinner, got back on my phone, and my heart is broken. I had perfect dining for our back up November trip, and now *poof*! At least I don’t have to worry about waking early and stressing about FP for our trips (we have a Christmas trip with the kids too that I assume will be affected). This just stinks. All that planning for over a year ruined.

Just realized I haven’t bought my kids tickets for our December trip, it’s still just shy of 7 months out so I had time, now I’m hoping we either don’t have to reserve park time or they’ll let me do the whole group since I have an AP and we’re all in the same room. Plus both of our trips are CL so now I really want to just downgrade to a regular room but they won’t let me 😭. What a bad evening, and on my birthday too 😞

Just realized I haven’t bought my kids tickets for our December trip, it’s still just shy of 7 months out so I had time, now I’m hoping we either don’t have to reserve park time or they’ll let me do the whole group since I have an AP and we’re all in the same room. Plus both of our trips are CL so now I really want to just downgrade to a regular room but they won’t let me 😭. What a bad evening, and on my birthday too 😞
Happy birthday Sarah!

Don't worry, Disney would never leave your kids out.
By December things should be up to a new normal I'd hope and Disney will have perfected the system so the magic is back. Have a good night!

Happy birthday Sarah!

Don't worry, Disney would never leave your kids out.
By December things should be up to a new normal I'd hope and Disney will have perfected the system so the magic is back. Have a good night!
Thank you!!
I’m hoping that they have stuff perfected by my November trip so my husband and I can know the ins and outs and have a smoothie Christmas trip. I have a solo trip at the end of August (what was my March trip that got cancelled), so I’ll see how that goes 😬. Just crossing my fingers for CL survival.

Interesting and not magical, but it certainly does the job of adjusting expectations.

I can see doing this for the next 30-60 day window but really, for the rest of the year? Lots of plans being dashed. I think this will result in even more cancellations; maybe that is part of the plan.

I can't imagine CL services with these new changes.

Last edited:
I'm actually not upset about 60 day out ADRs, I hope that's still in place by the time we go next year.
60 days is no problem at all but for people who have carefully made their ADRs it stinks. I suppose ADRs are irrelevant anyway since there will not be capacity and/or all restaurants in service. Cancelling everyone is much easier than picking and choosing who to cancel.

Pandemic planning = don't do anything just show up and see what happens.

Last edited:
Interesting and not magical, but it certainly does the job of adjusting expectations.

I can see doing this for the next 30-60 day window but really, for the rest of the year? Lots of plans being dashed. I think this will result in even more cancellations; maybe that is part of the plan.

I can't imagine CL services with these new changes.
Unfortunately we don’t know how long this will last, so they’re just being extra careful, cancel everything and then you don’t have to possibly upset some people later when you realize you need to extend the current procedures. I’m really sad my perfect ADRs are gone, but at least it gives me time to see how everything is working, and what restaurants are actually operating so I can plan accordingly. I just hope V&A can still happen since this is our first kid free trip, they have more spacing and less people in the restaurant anyway so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Unfortunately we don’t know how long this will last, so they’re just being extra careful, cancel everything and then you don’t have to possibly upset some people later when you realize you need to extend the current procedures.
So they upset all of the people instead. I think they are just trying to plan long term in the interest of saving the most money. They're a business, after all.

Restaurants in parks also look like they are only bookable if you have park reservations. I'm actually not upset about 60 day out ADRs, I hope that's still in place by the time we go next year.

I have to think they'll be coming out with more resort info in the coming days. I still like the idea someone mentioned before of including some kind of private dining offering if they can't do food in the lounges. It would also help with social distancing. SD seems like the kind of thing that would be much easier to implement in certain lounges vs. others.
I was thinking poly could do the paper room service menu they use at Tonga. If they do I’ll probably still go.

If zero perks cl, have to wear a mask outside, no fp, no adr, no park hopping it’s getting less and less desirable,

However July far from now so I will wait and see. I get free flight cancels with JetBlue mosaic and even dd gets points back if booked prior to 6/30.

Fingers crossed I get contacted soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter