Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

That was special! Giving me some hope! Thanks! I am used to reserving for only three people but my parents are joining us, and it is so much harder with 5 people! Here's to wishing...

I found one for our next trip a couple of weeks ago, I was shocked! I just checked back on a whim one afternoon and there it was. :D

Our last WDW CL trip was booked way after the 180-day mark (maybe around the 25-day point). IPO was able to find most of the ADRs we wanted, but not the super-popular ones (which is to be expected). I was able to grab some of what I wanted by checking online as people cancelled their ADRs, but the IPO office never "found" me those ADRs. I figure they aren't going to sit around looking for them as diligently as I will if I really want them.

Another WL question: are there windows to view the ELP from the lounge?
We saw it from our room, but the view was not perfect, as I recall. (not like CR Bay Lake view anyhow- my favorite! view of ELP.)

I would think you COULD see it from the two lounge area windows, but potentially some of the trees might be in the way. Our room was on the courtyard. To see out of the balcony, I had to stand up. The rooms are the top floor of WL (in images). The downside is that kids can't see out. The upside is the balconies feel rather more private.

Our last WDW CL trip was booked way after the 180-day mark (maybe around the 25-day point). IPO was able to find most of the ADRs we wanted, but not the super-popular ones (which is to be expected). I was able to grab some of what I wanted by checking online as people cancelled their ADRs, but the IPO office never "found" me those ADRs. I figure they aren't going to sit around looking for them as diligently as I will if I really want them.

Thanks!

I don't remember being able to see the lake very well from the lounge. The windows are sort of small and mostly just overlook the courtyard and trees.

Thanks for this thread! I have a question about the WL CL balcony's. From what I can find is that they have the dormer style on the 6th floor.

Are some open style balcony's for any of the standard CL rooms? DH is claustrophobic and needs the outside feel.

We are going Dec. 1-10th WL CL!! Cannot wait :-)

Hey guys... We've stayed CL at all of the resorts so far, except WL and AK since we're a party of 5, and I haven't had a crazy desire to spend extra to splurge on the deluxe room at WL.

BUT, we do have a trip coming up this December where it will just be four of us (our daughter will be on a school trip, so she'll be staying with her classmates at AsMU), so we're thinking of ticking WL CL off the bucket list, but I haven't completely dismissed CR CL or GF SL, both of which we've done before and LOVE. Do you think we'd regret WL CL? It seems like WL CL doesn't get as much love as some of the other lounges, so I'm hesitating a little bit as I don't want this to be an underwhelming experience that we do just to do, if that makes sense.

Hey guys... We've stayed CL at all of the resorts so far, except WL and AK since we're a party of 5, and I haven't had a crazy desire to spend extra to splurge on the deluxe room at WL.

BUT, we do have a trip coming up this December where it will just be four of us (our daughter will be on a school trip, so she'll be staying with her classmates at AsMU), so we're thinking of ticking WL CL off the bucket list, but I haven't completely dismissed CR CL or GF SL, both of which we've done before and LOVE. Do you think we'd regret WL CL? It seems like WL CL doesn't get as much love as some of the other lounges, so I'm hesitating a little bit as I don't want this to be an underwhelming experience that we do just to do, if that makes sense.

I've honestly never understood why WL doesn't get as much love as it should! WL CL is spectacular. The CMs are so kind and attentive, the lounge is spread out overlooking the beautiful lobby, the food choices were top notch, and the whole "feel" of the resort is relaxing and a real escape from the parks each day. My husband and I loved the level of theming overall, too. It's not too much, but you definitely see all the little Disney touches everywhere you look. That's true of the 7th floor CL, as well. The food area isn't as large as some of the other CLs, but it really doesn't have to be because the lounge itself takes up all of the seventh floor atrium area. We never had to fight for a place to sit because of this. Plus, there are several little nooks away from everyone else that you can sit and have a quiet glass of wine together without having people right next to you. There's a small dedicated kids area with a TV, and at least while we were there the kids we saw tended to stay there and were never loud. I really think y'all would love WL CL if you took a chance on it! :)

Thank you. :) I read a gazillion pages on the Poly and previous club level thread, I am still just not sure what to do. There is a lot of time before I have to book so I guess I can just see how much progress they've made by late fall and make a final decision.

You're welcome :goodvibes. I think it's a good idea to wait and see how things progress before you decide.

Has anyone seen the new updates to the dining plan as of today? We chose to skip it with the cl stay, now that there is more flexibility I'm wondering if we should add it on now! We arrive on 6/7 which means we only have another day or two to decide! Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Mahalo!

We loved the DDP the way it was, but the changes make it a little more appealing with a little more flexibility ;).

Thanks for this thread! I have a question about the WL CL balcony's. From what I can find is that they have the dormer style on the 6th floor.

Are some open style balcony's for any of the standard CL rooms? DH is claustrophobic and needs the outside feel.

We are going Dec. 1-10th WL CL!! Cannot wait :-)

WL is great anytime of year, but is amazing during the holidays :santa:.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but I believe the CL room balconies are enclosed (meaning you have to stand up to look out).

WL CL is amazing (IMO). I've never stayed at the CR, but have stayed GF SL and if given the choice between the two, I'd choose WL CL. With that said, having also stayed GF RPC, I rank WL CL a close second to RPC. Good luck :wizard:.

WL is great anytime of year, but is amazing during the holidays :santa:.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but I believe the CL room balconies are enclosed (meaning you have to stand up to look out).

Thanks for the info. Thats what I was looking for. If we had to stand up to see out.

I was hoping that maybe not all CL balcony's were like that. May have to look into a different room...

Every room I've had on the CL at the WL has had an enclosed balcony. And I've stayed on the courtyard side and the villas side.

We will be staying club level at AKL December 13-23! Beyond excited! My 180 day mark is coming soon!

How exciting....AKL is a great resort :goodvibes.

Thanks for the info. Thats what I was looking for. If we had to stand up to see out.

I was hoping that maybe not all CL balcony's were like that. May have to look into a different room...

You're welcome :).

CL at the WL is amazing, but if it doesn't work out, any room type will be great (IMO) as the resort overall is a great place to stay :wizard:.

I am happy to be going! Trying to keep hubby happy with a few thousand of his non closest friends on vacation... Is becoming interesting.

Needing some pixie dust, or maybe a glass of wine. I think the planning is getting to me, lols :crazy:

I just wanted to give a quick update on my experience at BC CL since we're here right now. First of all, the renovated lounge is gorgeous (More than pictures show)! I'll post some pics later. The new beds in the rooms are SO comfortable, and I really like the renovated rooms. We haven't had any issues with the alcohol service in the evenings either, I'm happy to say.

Although I posted something about this on the old thread (before I realized everyone had moved), on Sunday morning, two of my DD16's friends were killed when their car was hit by a drunk driver. The grandmother of one of the four girls was driving them to the beach for her granddaughter's birthday. Needless to say, my daughter was a wreck that day and we lost fast passes. However, I can't say enough about the kindness of the CMs in the BC CL. Leslie (a manager) gave us a total of six extra fast passes to be used over several days for any ride at any park! No, it does not take away the pain, but it has been a great distraction for DD16. I actually thought Leslie had only given us one extra FP, so I couldn't believe all the pixie dust she threw our way... we found out when DH pulled up our MDE account this morning! Also, yesterday, over a thousand people gathered at my daughters school to release balloons in honor of the two girls that died. Another CL CM here got us two balloons so DD16 could release them here (at the beach area). Their compassion has meant a lot to us:)

I just wanted to give a quick update on my experience at BC CL since we're here right now. First of all, the renovated lounge is gorgeous (More than pictures show)! I'll post some pics later. The new beds in the rooms are SO comfortable, and I really like the renovated rooms. We haven't had any issues with the alcohol service in the evenings either, I'm happy to say.

Although I posted something about this on the old thread (before I realized everyone had moved), on Sunday morning, two of my DD16's friends were killed when their car was hit by a drunk driver. The grandmother of one of the four girls was driving them to the beach for her granddaughter's birthday. Needless to say, my daughter was a wreck that day and we lost fast passes. However, I can't say enough about the kindness of the CMs in the BC CL. Leslie (a manager) gave us a total of six extra fast passes to be used over several days for any ride at any park! No, it does not take away the pain, but it has been a great distraction for DD16. I actually thought Leslie had only given us one extra FP, so I couldn't believe all the pixie dust she threw our way... we found out when DH pulled up our MDE account this morning! Also, yesterday, over a thousand people gathered at my daughters school to release balloons in honor of the two girls that died. Another CL CM here got us two balloons so DD16 could release them here (at the beach area). Their compassion has meant a lot to us:)
So sorry to hear about your daughter's friends. It is such a tragedy. Especially when it involves drunk driving. Unforgivable!!!
How are the food offerings in CL. Also as far as the alcohol, can you go up for a second glass of wine without any looks? We will be there in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get back there.

So sorry to hear about your daughter's friends. It is such a tragedy. Especially when it involves drunk driving. Unforgivable!!!
How are the food offerings in CL. Also as far as the alcohol, can you go up for a second glass of wine without any looks? We will be there in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get back there.

The breakfast has improved a ton! They added grits from Cape May Cafe and they are delicious...and I don't normally like grits. I assume that means they're really fattening, huh. We have had absolutely NO problem getting multiple glasses of wine (definitely more than two also...their glasses are really small). We discussed it with one of the "bartenders" and he said they just aren't supposed to let anyone get past a certain point. I've been taking some pics of the food offerings. I'll be happy to post them a bit later...they're on my phone and I'm using my iPad right now. We're about to head down there now to check out what they've got tonight:)

The breakfast has improved a ton! They added grits from Cape May Cafe and they are delicious...and I don't normally like grits. I assume that means they're really fattening, huh. We have had absolutely NO problem getting multiple glasses of wine (definitely more than two also...their glasses are really small). We discussed it with one of the "bartenders" and he said they just aren't supposed to let anyone get past a certain point. I've been taking some pics of the food offerings. I'll be happy to post them a bit later...they're on my phone and I'm using my iPad right now. We're about to head down there now to check out what they've got tonight:)
I've never had grits before, may have to try them when I'm there. That's good about the wine, didn't want to feel like a lush haha!! Pictures would be fantastic. Enjoy your evening apps and the rest of your trip.

I've honestly never understood why WL doesn't get as much love as it should! WL CL is spectacular. The CMs are so kind and attentive, the lounge is spread out overlooking the beautiful lobby, the food choices were top notch, and the whole "feel" of the resort is relaxing and a real escape from the parks each day. My husband and I loved the level of theming overall, too. It's not too much, but you definitely see all the little Disney touches everywhere you look. That's true of the 7th floor CL, as well. The food area isn't as large as some of the other CLs, but it really doesn't have to be because the lounge itself takes up all of the seventh floor atrium area. We never had to fight for a place to sit because of this. Plus, there are several little nooks away from everyone else that you can sit and have a quiet glass of wine together without having people right next to you. There's a small dedicated kids area with a TV, and at least while we were there the kids we saw tended to stay there and were never loud. I really think y'all would love WL CL if you took a chance on it! :)

Thanks for posting this. When I was looking at photos the other day it occurred to me just how large the WL CL area is. I have only experienced CL once at the AKL, and there were times when we would have to wait to grab a seat.

WL is great anytime of year, but is amazing during the holidays :santa:

It truly is amazing during the holidays!!!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter