Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Poly CL question: For the evening appetizers, are we allowed to leave the lounge with our snacks or is that frowned upon?

I believe all CL lounges allow you to take stuff away. While we were at the GF SL CL last year, we even asked the staff for trays, so that we could take the most back to our rooms with ease!

I was wondering about the dishes. Do they offer disposable dishes or do we bring the dishes back to the lounge?

I was wondering about the dishes. Do they offer disposable dishes or do we bring the dishes back to the lounge?

I'm not sure about the Poly specifically, but what is known about all Disney hotels is that most guests throw their dishes in the corridor once they're done (be it with CL or in-room dining or whatever dishes they happened to have with them). You can keep the dishes in your room if you insist (as we always do) but housekeeping has no way to collect them and will use the “move to corridor” trick.

I'm not sure about the Poly specifically, but what is known about all Disney hotels is that most guests throw their dishes in the corridor once they're done (be it with CL or in-room dining or whatever dishes they happened to have with them). You can keep the dishes in your room if you insist (as we always do) but housekeeping has no way to collect them and will use the “move to corridor” trick.
I always think it looks terrible when I walk down the hallway of a hotel and see a bunch of dishes in front of a room. I just keep my dishes in the room--housekeeping picks them up when they clean the room.

I always think it looks terrible when I walk down the hallway of a hotel and see a bunch of dishes in front of a room. I just keep my dishes in the room--housekeeping picks them up when they clean the room.
Agree with this sentiment. But, we usually return our dishes to the lounge on our way out for the day. The CMs often leave a tray out in a quiet spot in the lounge for used plates and cutlery. So, it's no problem to take them back to their home!

Lots of people take food back to their room at Poly and all CLs. There aren't really disposable dishes at Poly, except to-go coffee and drink cups. They used to have small paper plates and bowls for the kiddos, but I don't think I've seen those much anymore.

As others have posted, many people will just leave plates in the hall, which personally bugs me but to each their own. Disney doesn't have staff roaming the halls to pick this kind of stuff up, so sometimes you'll see dirty dishes out for an extended period of time, in my experience.

We try not to bring too many dishes back to begin with, but when we do we leave them in the room in the coffee maker area, Mousekeeping takes care of them. Sometimes we'll take them back to the lounge, Poly has a small "dish return tray" usually out by the door.

The below is a somewhat common sight in the Hawaii halls (note, this was NOT my room!). The evening app "small plate" style definitely adds to the plate count these days.

File Jul 21, 8 12 08 PM.jpeg File Jul 21, 8 11 28 PM.jpeg

Poly CL question: For the evening appetizers, are we allowed to leave the lounge with our snacks or is that frowned upon?

BTW, stay CL enough and you'll see some of the most creative (and perhaps horrific) displays of people taking quite significant amounts of evening apps back to their rooms. :-)

@GADisneyDad14 thank you for your detailed picture! While I don't have plans to go to WL in the near future, this resort has always been on my “interesting, should try at least once” list. When you say the lounge is “too far” for your CL habits, how long would you say it takes, on average, to make a return trip to grab a snack+drink?

For full clarity, for me the lounge was too far from the Deluxe Rooms. Average time from room to lounge was around 2 minutes, 40 seconds or so (not that I was running my stopwatch or anything...). My room was on the 3rd floor, but they'd all be pretty similar with only minor variances in elevator time.

On the other hand, the standard WL CL rooms are all on the 7th floor and are all very close to the lounge. Those would suit our "let me grab something real quick" style much better.

Hope that helps.

Not sure what resort you are staying at. We regularly stay at YC. They have CMs that clear the lounge tables. They have no place for guests to return dirty dishes, either in the lounge or outside of it. If you take dirty plates back to the lounge, you have to either find a CM to give then to, or hope there is an empty table to put them on.

I have left dirty plates in the room, and housekeeping has often not taken them away. I agree with a pp, housekeeping doesn't have a system to deal with dishes either. Everyone leaves them in the hall. Everyone. A few years ago, those dirty plates would sit there, sometimes for more than a day. But I did notice the last few stays that has gotten much better. They seem to make rounds a few times a day to pick up the dirty dishes from the hall. Much improved from before.

Lots of people take food back to their room at Poly and all CLs. There aren't really disposable dishes at Poly, except to-go coffee and drink cups. They used to have small paper plates and bowls for the kiddos, but I don't think I've seen those much anymore.

As others have posted, many people will just leave plates in the hall, which personally bugs me but to each their own. Disney doesn't have staff roaming the halls to pick this kind of stuff up, so sometimes you'll see dirty dishes out for an extended period of time, in my experience.

We try not to bring too many dishes back to begin with, but when we do we leave them in the room in the coffee maker area, Mousekeeping takes care of them. Sometimes we'll take them back to the lounge, Poly has a small "dish return tray" usually out by the door.

The below is a somewhat common sight in the Hawaii halls (note, this was NOT my room!). The evening app "small plate" style definitely adds to the plate count these days.

View attachment 254846 View attachment 254847

We stayed poly club last year and my husband was in such shock and disbelief at the number of dishes in the hallway. It made the hotel look terrible. There were dishes everywhere. We were both disgusted with it. We either leave them in the room or walked them to the lounge. We were on the 3rd floor but only maybe10 rooms down, if that. The room 2 doors closer to the lounge disgusted me to no end. From what we could tell, they would load up multiple dishes of whatever they had and then would leave stacks of mostly uneaten food in the hallway. I'm talking like 10 dishes with that evenings offerings in the hall by 1030. Why take so much if you don't even know if you like it. I'm hoping for better behavior this year at the bc.

Ick!! :crazy2: I'm not in favor of leaving dishes in the hall. I think we will return them to the lounge. We have a poolside patio reserved at the Poly one afternoon. Since we have it until 7pm, we thought we could bring some snacks down from the lounge and enjoy the evening there before our time slot ends. We can drop them off at the lounge on our way back to our room.

I have a question regarding Poly CL. Does it have a restroom near the lounge? We were surprised by the Atrium Club not having a restroom on the floor with the lounge.

I have a question regarding Poly CL. Does it have a restroom near the lounge? We were surprised by the Atrium Club not having a restroom on the floor with the lounge.

Yup, third floor. It's a single restroom but very big, relatively speaking, and it's (usually) very clean. Since we often arrive early or leave late, I'm a big fan of the CLs that have a restroom and Poly has about the perfect setup in that regard.

Ick!! :crazy2: I'm not in favor of leaving dishes in the hall. I think we will return them to the lounge. We have a poolside patio reserved at the Poly one afternoon. Since we have it until 7pm, we thought we could bring some snacks down from the lounge and enjoy the evening there before our time slot ends. We can drop them off at the lounge on our way back to our room.
You won't be able to take glass to the pool area. Sometimes...but not always...they have paper plates out in the lounge, if not ask just ask a CM and they will get something for you to take to the pool.

Why wouldn't you leave them at the poolside patio? Or is that not like a cabana rental where you have CM service?

You won't be able to take glass to the pool area. Sometimes...but not always...they have paper plates out in the lounge, if not ask just ask a CM and they will get something for you to take to the pool.

Good to know. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter