Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

LOVING our time in Tower CL so far!! Just wanted to let you know that there have been chocolate croissants out for the past 2 mornings. Let me know if I can look for/answer anything else! :)
So glad you're having a great time!! Thanks for the update on the Chocolate croissants (DW will be very happy!). Can't wait to see pics of the room.

I can already see leaving will be a problem not for us but them as they try and drag us out of here. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
LOL I can imagine security dragging you out by the back of your collar as you desperately grab onto anything to prevent being pulled out.

img_2778-jpg.270685

Wow what a great view.

So glad you're enjoying Poly CL. I know I saw you do a lot of planning/prep/build-up for the trip so glad it sounds like it's living up to expectations!

Nice room too! What is that, 3505-3508ish? Love that middle part.

Also, I guess Poly took away the actual swing for Irma but hasn't put it back yet?

Hope you have a great trip.

Thank you - more stressing about this trip than any others in the past but definitely enjoying ourselves and relaxing without going park commando, although I'm still starting to get that "ready for home" feeling. You nailed the room location! Yes swing has not returned yet - wondering if the frame took some damage possibly? Thank you again - 5 more sleeps in Paradise :love:

I always wanted to duck down the stairway from the lounge and go sit in that fireplace area that you see in the front of the picture - never got it. That just means that I have a reason to go back ...

Sounds like a good reason to me ;).

WL really is a beautiful resort.

::yes::

Looks so naked without the Christmas tree!!!!

The lobby is gorgeous any time of year, but that Christmas tree just adds to it :goodvibes.

It's SO beautiful in there at Christmas. Walking in for the first time and seeing the tree takes your breath away! :cloud9:

I agree! :thumbsup2

Only a matter of time before Disney adds a TPV room category there, I suspect.

I think you're right, especially after seeing the recent addition of pool/marina views at the Poly :rolleyes1.

First time saying Club Level is coming up... When we stay, we always tip Mousekeeping... But the OP says "Club level CM's can be fired for taking cash tips." Is that for just the people we interact with, or does that include MouseKeeping or Turn down service people (if we leave an envelope for them)?

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your first CL stay :wizard:.

It's gotta be 5:00 somewhere!!! :bitelip:

Yep! :laughing:

5 more sleeps in Paradise :love:

Enjoy :cloud9:

Hi All! Question from a (sort of) newbie. It's been many years since we have stayed CL or onsite, for that matter.

We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip for Jan/Feb 2018. Me, DH, our 2 tweens plus my mom and step dad (in another room). I'm trying to plan a very 'nice' Disney trip for all of us, since my mom hasn't been in probably 30 years. She likes upscale travel, and i want to show her that Disney CAN be very upscale:) She also likes to have access to food and drinks (wine!) throughout the day (like on a cruise), so I think CL will be perfect! My question is....which resort is your favorite? I know it's a tricky question. DH and I have stayed in several, and I have a hard time answering that one myself.

Priorities would be...convenience for getting to the parks, quality of the CL, quality of the rooms, and access to great dining. I am thinking Poly, WL, or maybe BWI? It would also be great to have a nice view b

Any thoughts, tips, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All! Question from a (sort of) newbie. It's been many years since we have stayed CL or onsite, for that matter.

We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip for Jan/Feb 2018. Me, DH, our 2 tweens plus my mom and step dad (in another room). I'm trying to plan a very 'nice' Disney trip for all of us, since my mom hasn't been in probably 30 years. She likes upscale travel, and i want to show her that Disney CAN be very upscale:) She also likes to have access to food and drinks (wine!) throughout the day (like on a cruise), so I think CL will be perfect! My question is....which resort is your favorite? I know it's a tricky question. DH and I have stayed in several, and I have a hard time answering that one myself.

Priorities would be...convenience for getting to the parks, quality of the CL, quality of the rooms, and access to great dining. I am thinking Poly, WL, or maybe BWI? It would also be great to have a nice view b

The BWI hands down. And if you really like each other you could stay in a deluxe room that sleeps 6 and has a view of the boardwalk and lake! The CM are top notch and it is an easy stroll to EPCOT, and a bonus is on the return trip you are the first drop off if you take the boat. HS is a quick boat ride and the other two parks are by bus. You also can't beat the large array of places to eat around the boardwalk area and even more if you have park hoppers and can head over to EPCOT in the evenings. A wonderful place to stay for adults and older children!

The BWI hands down. And if you really like each other you could stay in a deluxe room that sleeps 6 and has a view of the boardwalk and lake! The CM are top notch and it is an easy stroll to EPCOT, and a bonus is on the return trip you are the first drop off if you take the boat. HS is a quick boat ride and the other two parks are by bus. You also can't beat the large array of places to eat around the boardwalk area and even more if you have park hoppers and can head over to EPCOT in the evenings. A wonderful place to stay for adults and older children!

We love the WL, and the smaller lounge guest count may make it a more personalized experience for your MIL? But my only CL experience is WL, so I may be partial. As an adult that would like to experience Epcot a little more leisurely then we do now, I always thought BWI would be a great choice. So I guess it would depend on how you tour too.

Off topic but Disneytam I love your brown swiss profile pic!!! We own swiss too.

We love the WL, and the smaller lounge guest count may make it a more personalized experience for your MIL? But my only CL experience is WL, so I may be partial. As an adult that would like to experience Epcot a little more leisurely then we do now, I always thought BWI would be a great choice. So I guess it would depend on how you tour too.

Off topic but Disneytam I love your brown swiss profile pic!!! We own swiss too.
Thank you, what a small world it really is! That's my son showing his favorite swiss cow. We are an organic dairy and have a mixed herd of Brown Swiss and Holstein. But I love my Swiss!

The Grand Floridian

I truly have enjoyed each of the cl's I have tried but the Grand is more upscale. Lots of people like BWI I just prefer the mono area and being near MK.

I have enjoyed SL and RPC. For cooler months RPC is a bit better but Sl price is better.

Kicking and screaming the whole way :rotfl2:

isn't this how everyone departs their WDW vacation? :D

Thank you, what a small world it really is! That's my son showing his favorite swiss cow. We are an organic dairy and have a mixed herd of Brown Swiss and Holstein. But I love my Swiss!
We are conventional with holstein and my DD's swiss (DH not his favorite). My DH was at a FL dairy while we were on vacation and they had crossbred cows and purebred swiss. not quite sure on that mix but I got to tease him that he will never escape the swiss.

WL CL Standard Room VS. CR TPV CL Room.... which would you choose? TIA!!!!!! :)
P.S. Re. WL, I don't want the deluxe room because I want a guarantee to be on the club floor.

Even thought I have never stayed at the CR and I am a WL fan, I would love to try one of those TPV rooms. I don't think I could tire of that view. That is a tough choice. Money wise I would choose WL because you could end up with a decent MK view room for way less money especially if you aren't in the room much. omg, I don't know if I could pick!

At WDW, our only experience is at the Poly CL. For all our business and personal travel, we always stay club level at the high(er) end Marriott/Starwood properties. My perspective is different than most posters but if you mom is used to upscale travel outside of Disney, maybe its worth something.

My feelings on the Poly based on the bold above -

convenience for getting to the parks - good/great. Overall we were pleased with the monorail and bus transportation

quality of the CL- mixed. Pros - staff was very friendly and eager to provide anything we asked for, nice views, convenient to the room The food was fine, typical mass market food service offerings - bagels, pastries, cereal at breakfast, cheese cubes, crackers, veggies and a hot offering like meatballs in the evening. Cons - paper plates/plastic silverware/cups (at this price point, I expect real plates, utensils, glasses/cups) lounge is overrun in the morning with families eating breakfast, it was a free for all. Often, someone would take all 6 bagels the staff member had just put on the buffet, the drink machines were often empty, etc.

quality of the rooms - average. Everything was in good condition and clean. The theming was a little dark for my personal taste but I tend to prefer a cleaner, modern style. The common areas were dirty and stayed dirty during our stay and there was lots of deferred maintenance like broken (exterior) door hardware, peeling/chipped paint Hopefully this has been corrected (Yes, I did relay this to management)

access to great dining - Not great. We like a nice, sit-down meal at the end of the day. (Kona does not qualify in my husband's book and we could not get a reservation at Ohana) We ate at the signature restaurants at AK, Contemporary, GF (twice) and enjoyed them all.

ETA - the Poly wasn't the right choice for us. Our (Dis) travel agent STRONGLY recommended that we stay at CR but for reasons I can't remember, I went against her advice. In hindsight, we should have listened to her.

Last edited:
WL CL Standard Room VS. CR TPV CL Room.... which would you choose? TIA!!!!!! :)
P.S. Re. WL, I don't want the deluxe room because I want a guarantee to be on the club floor.

To me it would depend on the length of stay, purpose of trip, and time of year. WL is arguably the better “CL” and “Resort” experience in my humble opinion. But a CR TPV room is among the best rooms in all of WDW given the size, view, etc. And it’s CR! The heart of WDW, the very first resort (along with Poly), the monorail... to me it just screams Disney (others would argue that and don’t care for the theme).

WL has tiny rooms, relatively speaking (great resort/common areas is a trade off for small rooms). CR has relatively large rooms.

WL has better pools/recreation. I love CR but I just can’t love their pools no matter how hard I try.

Both have great dining options.

WL is more quiet/relaxing. CR has an energetic buzz to it at times (note, this is not a bad thing). CR TPV rooms on the Chef Mickey’s side do get a bit of noise so aren’t ideal if you want total quiet.

We are very MK-centric so the walk to/from MK is :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 from CR.

I have a soft spot for CR CL. I’ve experienced the best CMs and best guest service there compared to the other CLs I’ve tried (mostly the MK resort CLs). I have a feeling of being a valued guest there more than other places... kind of hard to explain.

The solitude/quietness of the WL lounge is quite nice.

Lots of pros/cons between the two that somewhat put them on an equal playing field in my head. So then it really comes down to personal preference/style.

To me it would depend on the length of stay, purpose of trip, and time of year. WL is arguably the better “CL” and “Resort” experience in my humble opinion. But a CR TPV room is among the best rooms in all of WDW given the size, view, etc. And it’s CR! The heart of WDW, the very first resort (along with Poly), the monorail... to me it just screams Disney (others would argue that and don’t care for the theme).

WL has tiny rooms, relatively speaking (great resort/common areas is a trade off for small rooms). CR has relatively large rooms.

WL has better pools/recreation. I love CR but I just can’t love their pools no matter how hard I try.

Both have great dining options.

WL is more quiet/relaxing. CR has an energetic buzz to it at times (note, this is not a bad thing). CR TPV rooms on the Chef Mickey’s side do get a bit of noise so aren’t ideal if you want total quiet.

We are very MK-centric so the walk to/from MK is :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 from CR.

I have a soft spot for CR CL. I’ve experienced the best CMs and best guest service there compared to the other CLs I’ve tried (mostly the MK resort CLs). I have a feeling of being a valued guest there more than other places... kind of hard to explain.

The solitude/quietness of the WL lounge is quite nice.

Lots of pros/cons between the two that somewhat put them on an equal playing field in my head. So then it really comes down to personal preference/style.
As if I wasn't excited enough that I upgraded my WL stay! Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter