Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I am happy to be going! Trying to keep hubby happy with a few thousand of his non closest friends on vacation... Is becoming interesting.

Needing some pixie dust, or maybe a glass of wine. I think the planning is getting to me, lols :crazy:

Sometimes planning can get a little tedious, so a glass of wine is sometimes a necessity...lol. Once you get there, though, it will all be worth it :goodvibes.

I just wanted to give a quick update on my experience at BC CL since we're here right now. First of all, the renovated lounge is gorgeous (More than pictures show)! I'll post some pics later. The new beds in the rooms are SO comfortable, and I really like the renovated rooms. We haven't had any issues with the alcohol service in the evenings either, I'm happy to say.

Although I posted something about this on the old thread (before I realized everyone had moved), on Sunday morning, two of my DD16's friends were killed when their car was hit by a drunk driver. The grandmother of one of the four girls was driving them to the beach for her granddaughter's birthday. Needless to say, my daughter was a wreck that day and we lost fast passes. However, I can't say enough about the kindness of the CMs in the BC CL. Leslie (a manager) gave us a total of six extra fast passes to be used over several days for any ride at any park! No, it does not take away the pain, but it has been a great distraction for DD16. I actually thought Leslie had only given us one extra FP, so I couldn't believe all the pixie dust she threw our way... we found out when DH pulled up our MDE account this morning! Also, yesterday, over a thousand people gathered at my daughters school to release balloons in honor of the two girls that died. Another CL CM here got us two balloons so DD16 could release them here (at the beach area). Their compassion has meant a lot to us:)

I'm sorry to hear about your DD's friends, very sad! I hope your DD is doing ok :hug:.

Glad you're having a good time and enjoying BC CL :wizard:.

I just wanted to give a quick update on my experience at BC CL since we're here right now. First of all, the renovated lounge is gorgeous (More than pictures show)! I'll post some pics later. The new beds in the rooms are SO comfortable, and I really like the renovated rooms. We haven't had any issues with the alcohol service in the evenings either, I'm happy to say.

Although I posted something about this on the old thread (before I realized everyone had moved), on Sunday morning, two of my DD16's friends were killed when their car was hit by a drunk driver. The grandmother of one of the four girls was driving them to the beach for her granddaughter's birthday. Needless to say, my daughter was a wreck that day and we lost fast passes. However, I can't say enough about the kindness of the CMs in the BC CL. Leslie (a manager) gave us a total of six extra fast passes to be used over several days for any ride at any park! No, it does not take away the pain, but it has been a great distraction for DD16. I actually thought Leslie had only given us one extra FP, so I couldn't believe all the pixie dust she threw our way... we found out when DH pulled up our MDE account this morning! Also, yesterday, over a thousand people gathered at my daughters school to release balloons in honor of the two girls that died. Another CL CM here got us two balloons so DD16 could release them here (at the beach area). Their compassion has meant a lot to us:)

Dispro - so sorry to hear about your DD's friends! Such a sad, sad situation and I'm glad that the CMs did a little to try to help you all try to continue with your vacation plans while dealing with such a difficult situation...and getting the balloons was amazingly sweet!!

Dispro - so sorry to hear about your DD's friends! Such a sad, sad situation and I'm glad that the CMs did a little to try to help you all try to continue with your vacation plans while dealing with such a difficult situation...and getting the balloons was amazingly sweet!!

Ditto, very nice that they showed compassion. <3

I can't remember who asked about the Disaronno at BC, but I thought I would add that it tastes AMAZING in a glass of the Stormalong Bay Breeze that they have here! They only serve the SAB Breeze during snack time (just like GF serves tropical juice during snack time)
So you will need to take a to go cup of it to your room fridge. Then you can carry it back to the lounge during cordial time and add the Disaronno:)

I can't remember who asked about the Disaronno at BC, but I thought I would add that it tastes AMAZING in a glass of the Stormalong Bay Breeze that they have here! They only serve the SAB Breeze during snack time (just like GF serves tropical juice during snack time)
So you will need to take a to go cup of it to your room fridge. Then you can carry it back to the lounge during cordial time and add the Disaronno:)
I also take the tropical juice from gf for later to mix with wine.

Sooo sorry to hear about DD's friends, young people should never have to endure this kind of pain. Very glad to see the CM's show you so much pixie dust that hopefully helped ease her sadness.

That sounds good! :) It seems we are never back to the resort during the evening dessert time. That's prime time for my teenagers to be in the parks. We are night owls. ;)

That sounds good! :) It seems we are never back to the resort during the evening dessert time. That's prime time for my teenagers to be in the parks. We are night owls. ;)
We are too, but our dinner reservations are usually timed right for grabbing one last drink before we leave:) Last night we had a 9:05 for Cali Grill. I would have preferred a bit earlier, but since we're at BC, it takes more time to get there. It's much easier if you have an 8:30 ADR for Narcoossee's and are staying at GF.

Here's the setup for cordials...image.jpg
And here's DH's favorite beer...please excuse the table clutterimage.jpg

And here are the yummy grits:) although this was taken right before the lounge closed so they probably weren't super fresh but still tasted great!image.jpg

We usually hit the apps at 6:00 and leave shortly after that. Most of our ADRs are around 7:30 or 8:00. I don't like to eat much later than that or I can't sleep at night.

Just curious, is the SAB breeze the same at the BC as the one they serve at the YC?

Page 2 rescue! Club dwellers..where are you??? LOL....

I mix it with Champagne! Blueskies helped me come up with the name "Grand Splash" for that drink:) try it on your next trip!

Dispro Thanks for taking the time to pop in during your trip! :goodvibes Hope that you and the family are having a fun trip!! And got some good shopping done! I see that you are mixing up some new tasty drinks over at the BC! :drinking1 I am looking forward to trying a "Grand Splash" in just a few weeks!

ETA Just reading a few pages back...so sorry to hear about your DDs friends and their tragic accident...how considerate and sensitive of the BC CMs in what they have done...Nice to hear things like that....

What are the major differences between GF Sugarloaf and Royal Palm CLs? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? I've never stayed at GF, but I have a feeling my husband and I will be trying it out within the next year or so since we both agree that it's next on our "must-do CL" list!

I just returned from a 4 Night 5 Day stay at BC CL and wanted to share that we had a FABULOUS experience. There were several CM's that went out of their way to help me with a couple of challenges that arose during the trip. Cameron and Paul in particular. Cameron helped replace a TIW card with no charge to me after the original one went missing on our first day there after renewing my annual pass. Paul spent 30 minutes on the day we went home tracking down my prescription glasses that I inadvertently left in the bathroom of our room when we checked out.

We had great service in the lounge and never felt any negative vibes when requesting a second or third alcoholic beverage. I did not observe anyone being challenged when requesting alcohol.

The food was great. I expressed how much I enjoyed the beet salad one night and the manager immediately took a copy of the recipe and emailed it to me.

The lounge is spacious, the food was plentiful and refilled frequently.

We had a really fun experience with a cast member. On Saturday while we were at DHS, we offered to share our table at the writers stop to a young couple. We got to talking and it turns out the young ladie's sister works concierge at BC. On Monday, we actually met the sister in the club.

We were in room 5726 right next to the lounge. That room had a couple of drawbacks. 1. The room is small and the door to the balcony cannot be opened completely as the bed is in the way. 2. If you are not a morning person, it is very noisy in the a.m. with folks waiting for the lounge to open and having loud conversations outside your door. We thought it would be loud at night, but it was surprisingly quiet.

The positive of the room is that it was really close to the lounge and the elevators.

What are the major differences between GF Sugarloaf and Royal Palm CLs? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? !

The main difference is that they are in different buildings. The food is basically the same. Like most CL's significantly overlaps with the food served in that hotel's restaurants. <- that's probably MORE true at GF than most. The desserts at 1900PF were the almost exactly the SAME as the CL, as were the muffin-type breakfast baked goods in the food court/CL. BUT, the food at GF is a small cut above all other CL's. They offer sliced turkey at breakfast!

Oh, let's see...advantages...some rooms in the main building have better views of the castle, but the main building is surrounded by the other GF buildings, so often theme park view rooms in the outer buildings have better views. The main building rooms that are on the marina side DO have a prime view. (or some?) The outer building is BESIDE the marina, so it's a very short walk to the outdoor marina/Gasparilla Grill tables. (though you'll share them with plenty of other folks during Wishes). Unlike CR though, I don't recall being able to hear the Wishes music from our balcony at GF. (but maybe we missed that?) The outer building rooms don't have Wishes view. I don't think either CL rooms have any real view of the water parade. Narcoosee's balcony has a great view, but if you want a view from your room, I'd try CR ST view or Poly park view.

Also, GF has an afternoon tea on both CL's. the menu isn't hue, but it is nice for an afternoon treat. I recall the truffle was good, but that's the main offering I remember.

The main building lounge overlooks the lobby, so you get easier access to everything in the lobby: monorail, shops, live music, dining. for us, the difference isn't huge, unless it happens to be raining. It is a nice plus if you can get to a fine dining ADR without getting soaked. From Main building, like CR- you can get to any monorail dining easily in almost any weather.

The outer building is closer to the convention center, if you have business there.

We enjoyed both.

Last edited:
Hey guys... We've stayed CL at all of the resorts so far, except WL and AK since we're a party of 5, and I haven't had a crazy desire to spend extra to splurge on the deluxe room at WL. Do you think we'd regret WL CL? .

All CL's have pros and cons, and all CL's change over time.(especially food!)

We enjoyed WL quite a bit. It is a bit unique as CL's go, IMO. The food is themed to the resort, so less tart-style foods (CR/GF) and more warm pot served foods like stew and baked berry cobbler. the offerings were generous. Overall, (see below) the staff was excellent. the desk staff were all VERY friendly, very willing to talk about anything WDW related.

The biggest drawback we saw was that the lounge closed between offerings. All the food and drinks are locked away. (except the vending machine). The overall food offerings were plentiful, including ample Greek yogurt. I'm picky about fruit offerings. This one was more melon/grapes, and no berries. (AKL is alone in offering lots of berries, I think.)

Also, unlike any other CL, the WL Cm's explained some WL CL rules to us upon check-in. I can't say that was good or bad, just unique. Maybe now a moot point with added online check-in.

Also the CM's during our stay were very attentive about picking up dishes. Well, attentive isn't quite right. They offered to pick up dishes so often it felt intrusive. They were polite, but too much and it feels like they want you to be done already.

The rooms at WL and AKL are slightly smaller than other resorts, but so is the price.

The pool at AKL is great, if a little bit small for the size of the resort.

DO take time to walk around the resort! The grounds, gift shop all very attractive, great theming.

The only other mild downside I could say about WL, and maybe this is just me, but it is all modeled after USA's NP, and our NP's celebrate the NATURAL beauty of the USA. WL is an unnatural copy. A beautiful copy, but totally fake. (the water spring, the geyser, the rocks, much of the wood...)

Thanks for the updates to the AKL lounge. I am so bummed they took away the kids area, my kids loved that area. Maybe it was a food safety thing? I really never saw it monitored and I think it would have been very easy for a child to stick their hand in something then put it back. I know I had to keep a close eye on my children to make sure they didn't do that because they almost did a couple of times, especially with the gummy bears. I also hate to hear about the food changes, I don't eat any meat but chicken and fish but I prefer vegetarian. One night this past September we had salmon pot stickers and quinoa risotto, it was soooo good. I probably had 3 plates of each. Glad to hear they still have the quinoa and breakfast though. That paired with the fried quinoa on top is very good.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sad to hear this!!! My DD-4 calls CL the gummy bear room!! No more kids area?!! TV too or just snacks? Is there anything for kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!