Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Does that mean you see them in your MDE?
They do appear in both the FP+ section and the itinerary view on MDE. In the FP+ section for the days you have this booked there will 2 date entries for the same date... one for the regular 60 day fp+ and a second for these new fp+. The evening spectaculars only appear on the itinerary (not the FP+ section.)

They do appear in both the FP+ section and the itinerary view on MDE. In the FP+ section for the days you have this booked there will 2 date entries for the same date... one for the regular 60 day fp+ and a second for these new fp+. The evening spectaculars only appear on the itinerary (not the FP+ section.)

So can you change them via MDE? Or are you too scared to mess with it? :rotfl:

I called (twice since I forgot some of the things the first CM said, lol) to ask more about how it impacts one's "regular" 3 FPs that you receive with your park admission and schedule at 60 days. She said generally to consider them "separate entities but that they work together for more flexibility". So in terms of practical details (of course, such details are subject to change)...
  • These are "extras" that do not impact your "regular" FPs, and you can continue to modify your "regular" FPs as needed, except that they can't overlap times with the "extras"
  • While you cannot pre-book duplicate attractions on the same day via these "extras", she did not know yet if the system would allow you to book one via the "extras" and then the same attraction via your "regular" FPs. I think not but that's just my speculation.
  • When you have completed your "regular" 3 FPs you can add a 4th, etc. She said the only limitation for additional FPs would be that they can not overlap time with the "extras" that you have booked.
  • On that same note, the CM said that you could book the same attraction in a day via your additional "regular" FPs, e.g. say you're at MK for the day and you have 7DMT booked via the "extras" for the evening. You use your first three regular FPs in the morning, you could then be eligible for 7DMT if available, and it would not affect your pre-booked "extra" FP for 7D for later that evening - hope I am making sense!
  • You do have to call SS to modify, except day-of, when you can ask concierge CMs at the resort

The rep I spoke with mentioned there seemed to be a lot of interest for the pilot but I don't know if that translates into people actually booking.

I'm one of those who is very interested but would probably not book. I do 3-4 hours in a park when we are staying CL, so it just wouldn't work for me.

The 6 hour time committment, coupled with the evening reserved seating and time travel between multiple parks essentially keeps you out of the club lounge, which is what I am paying for to begin with.

I'm one of those who is very interested but would probably not book. I do 3-4 hours in a park when we are staying CL, so it just wouldn't work for me.

The 6 hour time committment, coupled with the evening reserved seating and time travel between multiple parks essentially keeps you out of the club lounge, which is what I am paying for to begin with.

We tour the same way and i have the same concerns about this. But The more we hear (like what @TheFloatingBear posted just above), the more I think we will be able to do 6 FPs in 3 hours. I say that because it seems like two very independent systems. So they should work independently. At least for now in the current implementation.

I do think that is the great irony of this (and I suppose the "genius" of Disney). We are paying THEM to save THEM even more money (assuming we miss evening club hours, when I would have to assume the great bulk of alcohol is consumed). Would I do this for a day or two? Absolutely, especially since we typically hit one or two evening shows and the preferred seating is ideal. But I'm not sure I'd sign on for 3 days. We'll see...

For the 3 days out of our 10 nights at BC we're doing the pilot. On those days we are doing about 9AM to 1PM in one park and and then coming back to the resort for a couple of hours then going back for the evenings.. So we'll do breakfast in the lounge and be back for the afternoon/5PM apps then heading out to a different park for the 6PM to close. The DSS agent was able to do some overlap so really our fastpass windows for the evenings are about 2.5 hours for 3 fastpasses then go for the evening spectacular. Would we do this for all 10 nights of our CL stay --- no way --- but for those 3 nights it allows us to optimize our touring to give us 2 parks of 1st tier rides with a rest in the midday for those 3 days. That said we're only do this at Epcot and Magic Kingdom where for us the tiering is the biggest issue and since we can walk to Epcot in 10 minutes it made sense.

Definitely doesn't fit everyones touring style but we figure we'll try it out and see how we like it.

Dang! It doesn't start until March and the pilot is only running through sometime in April (for now anyway)? So basically they're testing it during spring break season. Bummer, but I guess I'll save that $.

I'm mostly curious about those who booked this and also have booked their regular FPs. I'm really hoping when booking our regular FPs that it at least lets us overlap a little bit.

My plan of attack is to book one of the "extras" along with the normal 3 FPs in the mornings; so I can still have an opportunity to book a decent 4th either at that park or where we will be at night.

We will still tour as we normally do with leaving after a sit down lunch and then heading out at night. Only exception to our normal touring is that we probably won't be the crazy RDers like we've been in the past. My boys will love that!

I do think that is the great irony of this (and I suppose the "genius" of Disney). We are paying THEM to save THEM even more money (assuming we miss evening club hours, when I would have to assume the great bulk of alcohol is consumed). Would I do this for a day or two? Absolutely, especially since we typically hit one or two evening shows and the preferred seating is ideal. But I'm not sure I'd sign on for 3 days. We'll see...

Exactly, FP costs WDW exactly $0, this is pure profit. Not to mention lost CL time where we are consuming snacks and drinks which does cost them money. Its absolutely brilliant on their part. Now I don't say this to make anyone feel bad that wants to do it. I completely understand your reasoning and if we only went once every couple of years and were going during a peak time then I could see some "value" in this. I'm interested to see the actual implementation and how it all works out.

Last edited:
This may have already been mentioned, but I just wanted to point out that even if you book 6 FFP at one park in a row (1:00,2:00,3:00,4:00,5:00,6:00 for example) you are not committing to 6 hours of touring. Do the first at the end of the window and the last at the beginning and you are touring a little over 4 hours. More likely, I think how this will be used is for park hopping. Use 3 in the am at one park, then break at the resort and 3 at another in the evening. Evening plan I foresee: book FPP at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30/ Enjoy club lounge from 5pm to 6pm/ head to park use 1st FP at 6:30/ Right away use 2nd FP around 6:50 (time for first attraction plus walking minimum estimate) by the time you are done with FFP number 2, there is not that much time before FFP number 3 is ready! But I usually plan an attraction in this space that does need a FFP. / use 3rd FFP / time for a nice sit down TS restaurant / out in time to get to your reserved Night time spectacular viewing! The times can be tweaked based on showtimes, but imagine being able to ride FEA/TT/Soarin' in ONE evening at Epcot like this! Even if you don't follow my example, lol, you could do 3 FFP's in a little over one hour including ride time! My trip is before the trial though, so decision has been made for me, probably for the better! $$$

We always book room-only.

I wonder what happens if you cancel a room reservation.

Obviously, the FPs should go poof, but do you get a refund?

DSS told me if you cancel or modify to a non-eligible room, it will eventually cancel the FPs and you’ll get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter