Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are going to have our first CL stay Nov 24-Dec 1 at the Boardwalk. It will be me, my husband, 2 boys and my parents so we got the Deluxe CL room. We are so beyond excited for this trip. This is my mom's dream resort since it reminds her of spending time with her parents at the Jersey Boardwalks in the 50's and 60's. I am excited to be able to walk to two parks.

We've never stayed at BWI, but I'm always reading great things about CL. Hope you have a great time! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

:worship::rotfl2:

FAMOUS LAST WORDS!
this was what you did without purchasing correct? I am surprised on the PP and big thunder pulls. How many were in your group?

Correct, no purchased FP. 3 people were in our group. Also, I didn't refresh like crazy because my phone was dying and I forgot my extra battery so I just grabbed what I saw.

Correct, no purchased FP. 3 people were in our group. Also, I didn't refresh like crazy because my phone was dying and I forgot my extra battery so I just grabbed what I saw.
Thanks. I hate the whole refreshing thing. A big part of it is that I am very against electronics on vacation so I hate spending time on my phone. Plus I am terrible at using my phone We are a group of three also but traveled as a group of 9 last fall. Trying to swap fps for that many (we did it in small batches) was a pain and occurred on a bus too often and resulted in me being car sick.

s for the reserved seating for parades, I don't remember seeing that mentioned. If I remember correctly Josh at easywdw did the reserved parade seating in frontierland with the Tiana event and the view was bad. I don't know where else they would have reserved seating other than the hub?
I would almost guess no for the parties but who knows. I am curious what the take rate is now for CL guests.

So, that's how you can get the top tier FPs? Keep refreshing 'til you see the one you want and hope you saw it first? That's way more work than I want to do on vacation but I if it's the only way to a FP for a certain ride...

Last December we saw the wait for Aerosmith was a 50 min...it turned out that was wrong. It wasn't updated and it was supposed to be 80 minutes and it actually took 115 minutes...I guess I'd rather hit refresh like a mad man then stand on line for two hours.

Mike

Here is the list of eligible resorts/room types from what I’ve read:
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Club Level
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort - Club Level
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – Club Level
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Club Level
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Club Level
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Club Level
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Club Level
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – Club Level
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
I assume that Cabin, Bungalow, and Swan/Dolphin suite guests contact DSS to book just like CL guests (but that’s an assumption on my part).
Thanks, but I've seen this list multiple times here. I haven't seen any posts from guests at those resorts, that's what I was looking to confirm.

This matters, because the Swan/Dolphin aren't technically WDW resorts, nor are the S/D suites Club Level. Guests there wouldn't have to try to get back to the lounge for appetizers/desserts. They could just enjoy better quality park time.

Also, there's no category called "Premium Alcove Room." There are "Premium Studios" and "Deluxe Alcoves." So that also makes me a bit uncertain about which rooms are included in this offer.

Last edited:
Some folks have covered many of these points above as well, but here's what I learned. Going to re-state some of the obvious stuff as well in case helpful.
  • $50 per person, per day - 3 day minimum
  • Only available 3/13/2018 and beyond (so I couldn't book this for my late Feb trip)
  • It is bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date) and must be done via DSS
  • You cannot make the extra FPs via MDE
  • The extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
  • The extra FP times can't overlap with other FPs (ETA: this appears to be an open question, in practice, so perhaps TBD until more real experiences come out)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • You can't book it before the 90 day from check-out mark (although you can submit what you want to DSS before 90 days and they'll book it when they get in that day)
  • Again, the 90 day mark is from your CHECK-OUT day, not your check-in day (I was told it was check-in but many others have been told it’s check-out, so I’m going with that)
  • You select the extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking (although can be modified via DSS later) (note, the 'modification' part of the extra FPs is also an open question at the moment, need more real-time info to confirm)
  • Your regular three FPs are still bookable at the normal 60 day from check-in mark - no change there
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Reserved viewing locations:
    • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
    • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
    • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experiance area
    • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
  • There is a 1 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
I will caveat that this is very new and they stressed it is a trial. Information and details are not really tested, and with something so nuanced I suspect details may be fluid as we go along.

Let me know if you have any questions or if anything isn't clear. Hope it helps!

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but I just got off the phone with Disney Signature Services and I was told that yesterday they made a change to allow CL guests to book all six fastpasses during the 90-day window instead of booking three during the 90-day window and then the other three during the 60-day window. I hope that makes sense!

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but I just got off the phone with Disney Signature Services and I was told that yesterday they made a change to allow CL guests to book all six fastpasses during the 90-day window instead of booking three during the 90-day window and then the other three during the 60-day window. I hope that makes sense!

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I can book tomorrow and only had the extras set. I'll nail down the rest too.

What about days that we are not buying the extras for? I'm assuming those will have to wait til the usual 60 day mark?

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I can book tomorrow and only had the extras set. I'll nail down the rest too.

What about days that we are not buying the extras for? I'm assuming those will have to wait til the usual 60 day mark?

I'm not sure about those, but I would have them ready just in case

This is really interesting. I was not told when I booked but I will be calling back now to add the others. Thanks for sharing!

That is a big change, thanks for posting. So basically you are saying you can book all of your fastpasses for the number of days you have purchased the extra fastpasses. A little more planning is ahead these next few days than what I was planning on for our April trip, lol. People in the other threads are not going to be happy about this.

Thanks for the update! Not sure if you covered this but...do they schedule all six of them for you, or just open your window for those three days for you to schedule your "regular" 3? Considering doing it and curious how they keep straight which three adhere to tiers and such and which ones don't - just curious!

Thanks for the update! Not sure if you covered this but...do they schedule all six of them for you, or just open your window for those three days for you to schedule your "regular" 3? Considering doing it and curious how they keep straight which three adhere to tiers and such and which ones don't - just curious!

I assume that they will schedule them for you, but that's just my guess. I won't be able to book until June so hopefully someone who can book will have some updated info tomorrow. Like someone mentioned before, it seems like this process is very fluid and changing by the day.

I assume that they will schedule them for you, but that's just my guess. I won't be able to book until June so hopefully someone who can book will have some updated info tomorrow. Like someone mentioned before, it seems like this process is very fluid and changing by the day.

Definitely seems fluid - thanks again for the update!

Now that's very interesting. So, for $50 I will potentially get 3 unrestricted FPs, be able to book the other 3 FPs at the same 90 days from checkout, and get preferred seating for one of the four big shows. Now it certainly seem well worth the $50.

I think that for some the stumbling block is you have to get three minimum but that works well for our trip. We probably won't be back to WDW for years (we vary where our vacations are each year) so this will add to the our experience. I'm really likin' this. :D

Thanks for sharing the info.

Mike

I am going to guess that they realized that it was just going to be easier for them to book them all. As I mentioned the other day would MDE really be updated that quickly to know that those extra FP do not affect the tiers or doing multiple parks in the same day? Would be rather complicated to change the system for a pretty small number of guests. But just guessing as to why they would change.

Hey guys, Im trying to choose between the Grand Floridian sugarloaf club level standard room vs the Polynesian club level garden view. Which one do you guys prefer?

Hey guys, Im trying to choose between the Grand Floridian sugarloaf club level standard room vs the Polynesian club level garden view. Which one do you guys prefer?

The Poly is our favorite resort (although I also love the GF) and while we haven't tried CL at the Poly, that would be my choice. I do love the GF, but I didn't care for SL. Other than the lounge being convenient to the courtyard pool, I didn't find many positives about SL. When we stay CL, I like spending down time in the lounge and I found the SL lounge too small/chaotic and not very relaxing. I realize I'm probably in the minority when it comes to SL as there are a lot of people who love it, but it just isn't a CL for me.

I have stayed at both the Poly CL and GF Sugarloaf. I loved the following things at Poly. Ease of transportation to TTC And the staff at the CL lounge for help with dining etc. They were wonderful. I also loved GF for the following items, we liked the food better. They had waffles several times during the week. They had better food choices but we are not seafood people. And I liked the deserts better. The staff at SL is a little stuffy sort of. But I found if you actually sat down and talked with them they were friendly enough. The lounge at the Poly at times was dirty. No one to clear the tables and only one person trying to handle it all. Would I stay at either again. Hands down YES! I would choose the Gf over Poly due to food choices. But food is such subjective.

We did a split stay at both and really preferred GF. The food was better and more plentiful. The room was nicer and we loved the other dining options at GF. I will say the fireworks viewing in the lounge at Poly was wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter