Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thank you for sharing this.

I hate for this to sound negative... but classic Disney marketing. Fluffy language, lacking in detail. I would think this might be pretty easy to overlook for a guest who isn’t up to speed on that program.

At least the fact that they are doing mailers does make it seem like this trial might last awhile. :confused3
Fingers crossed the trial continues. After all, they purchased the cards and envelopes. :D

I agree with both your points. If they continue this program, I think they should be contacting the guest before the 90 day mark. Like I said, I got this yesterday & today was my 60 day mark for my April stay. I sure wouldn't have had much advantage to booking this today.
Thanks for posting the photo of your DSS Mail @focusondisney :flower:
I agree about earlier contact, I'd be clueless if it wasn't for these boards. Our trip is after Thanksgiving. I am really hoping the test continues through the year.

Last edited:
So if y’all want to be depressed, here’s my discount tracker spreadsheet updated to include the AP rates that came out today (which are a measly 5% over the general public rate). I guess I picked a good year to start trying the Epcot resorts instead of Poly and CR! :teacher:

2018 YTD Discount Comparison_2-13-2018.png

Happy planning all!

A quick question for any BW experts out there as I go down the rabbit hole...

Is there a difference with the Standard View in BW room vs a Standard View CL BW room? The "regular" room says views of gardens, leisure pool or parking area, but the CL Standard just says courtyard leisure pool. I can ask on the BW thread too but more familiar here...

And yes, your chart is rather depressing, @GADisneyDad14, but I do appreciate having all the info in one handy place!

That's what I got too!. Our 60 day window opened LAST week so if it is for that fastpass service it's a little late. I think the value is before the 60 day window opens up. We opted not to do it because we have a 4 year old who isn't tall enough for most of the hight in demand fastpass rides.

Totally. We love AKL and stayed there a bunch when the kiddos were littles. As they got older and could stay up and about later, we started branching out. We love the convenience of being able to walk into Epcot even though it’s not our favorite park, nor are BC/YC/BWI our favorite resorts. We just like the freedom and walkability. I was chatting with DD about our late summer stay and picking between something new/pools at GF, AKL and BC. Her comments were we LOVE AKL but really like to walk to Epcot. Conundrums.
Yes...this exactly!!

Is there a difference with the Standard View in BW room vs a Standard View CL BW room? The "regular" room says views of gardens, leisure pool or parking area, but the CL Standard just says courtyard leisure pool. I can ask on the BW thread too but more familiar here...

And yes, your chart is rather depressing, @GADisneyDad14, but I do appreciate having all the info in one handy place!
Most of the CL rooms are close to the club (in the building centered on the Boardwalk) and many face the inner courtyard/pool area instead of the boardwalk so the views are going to largely be of the inner courtyard/pool area. The pool is small and surrounded by lovely, mature landscaping so you will likely see more trees and flowers than water.

Totally. We love AKL and stayed there a bunch when the kiddos were littles. As they got older and could stay up and about later, we started branching out. We love the convenience of being able to walk into Epcot even though it’s not our favorite park, nor are BC/YC/BWI our favorite resorts. We just like the freedom and walkability. I was chatting with DD about our late summer stay and picking between something new/pools at GF, AKL and BC. Her comments were we LOVE AKL but really like to walk to Epcot. Conundrums.

:):drinking1:drinking1
Ha. Pool bars are the utmost of importance.:drinking1Nothing says let’s relax better than a mojitio or pina colada.

Here’s hoping we both get a good AP rate and get to check out GF.

Not having good luck on the AP rate so far, but one way or another I will be enjoying a pina colada at a pool bar somewhere! I completely agree with your conundrum! We're considering a split with BW (with the AP rate) and AKL (without!) because we'd love to have the Epcot location for a couple of days. Going to discuss with the kiddos later...

Most of the CL rooms are close to the club (in the building centered on the Boardwalk) and many face the inner courtyard/pool area instead of the boardwalk so the views are going to largely be of the inner courtyard/pool area. The pool is small and surrounded by lovely, mature landscaping so you will likely see more trees and flowers than water.

Great, thanks for the reply! It's more about the Epcot location than the view for me, but always good to clarify!

Is there a difference with the Standard View in BW room vs a Standard View CL BW room? The "regular" room says views of gardens, leisure pool or parking area, but the CL Standard just says courtyard leisure pool. II th can ask on the BW thread too but more familiar here...

:wave: @TheFloatingBear
I think the regular standard room can be parking lot, gardens or pool. The CL Standard view we had a few years ago had a garden view.

One interesting point, I was online today and noted either a change or a temporary computer glitch :-) in the room designations for CL BWI.
The options right now are Standard CL, Deluxe CL and Outer Bld-Garden Room (cottages).

This is how they used to designate rooms. When we first started visiting BWI CL, a Standard CL room could either be a Boardwalk view or garden/pool view. It was kind of the luck of the draw. You could request of course.

I am very curious to see if they change the description of the Standard CL rooms, or whether a Boardwalk view room pops back up and it turns out it was a glitch. Who knows? I'll stay tuned.
Happy planning! :flower1:

Booked WL CL. I know there were food options posted awhile back when they reopened. Does anyone have any current weekly food offerings? Any tips or little known tidbits to make the most out of a stay? Thanks

Hi- I was at the WL CL, 2 weeks go. Here are some pics of the evening 5-7pm offerings:

Attachments

• 24CE9ADE-4522-480F-9E6F-B431D5484A71.jpeg
    24CE9ADE-4522-480F-9E6F-B431D5484A71.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 6A581AE6-353E-4F58-AF87-7316CE6635D5.jpeg
    6A581AE6-353E-4F58-AF87-7316CE6635D5.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 271CA458-655B-477E-9D5D-0BF247665760.jpeg
    271CA458-655B-477E-9D5D-0BF247665760.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 71
  • E0A5F076-26AE-4FCE-928A-29412B1C3AC8.jpeg
    E0A5F076-26AE-4FCE-928A-29412B1C3AC8.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 67
Hi- I was at the WL CL, 2 weeks go. Here are some pics of the evening 5-7pm offerings:

Thank you. I guess I’ll be eating salads. Kids may eat spaghetti. DH will like the selections. Not very great options for us during these hrs. Although, I’m guessing we will be eating dinner out most nights. Eating breakfast/lunch and desserts.

Thank you. I guess I’ll be eating salads. Kids may eat spaghetti. DH will like the selections. Not very great options for us during these hrs. Although, I’m guessing we will be eating dinner out most nights. Eating breakfast/lunch and desserts.

Breakfast - every morning, there was always fresh fruit (apples, banana, oranges), selection of sliced breads, croissants, mini muffins, hard boiled eggs, sliced cheese and a sliced meat.

Lunch - not much substance. Chips, pita chips, make your own trail mix, caramel popcorn, cookies...

Dessert - 8-10pm - a different warm cobbler and mini cupcakes each night. Aperitifs put out.

You can bring the items back to your room. They have trays to assist. There is also a nicely stocked fridge with milk, juices, beers, pops and waters.

Enjoy your stay. I can’t wait to hear about it!

:wave: @TheFloatingBear
I think the regular standard room can be parking lot, gardens or pool. The CL Standard view we had a few years ago had a garden view.

One interesting point, I was online today and noted either a change or a temporary computer glitch :-) in the room designations for CL BWI.
The options right now are Standard CL, Deluxe CL and Outer Bld-Garden Room (cottages).

This is how they used to designate rooms. When we first started visiting BWI CL, a Standard CL room could either be a Boardwalk view or garden/pool view. It was kind of the luck of the draw. You could request of course.

I am very curious to see if they change the description of the Standard CL rooms, or whether a Boardwalk view room pops back up and it turns out it was a glitch. Who knows? I'll stay tuned.
Happy planning! :flower1:

Ok, so I'm not going crazy either! I noticed this a couple of days ago. It could be that there was very few rooms that actually classified as BW view. When you take out the suites and deluxes it only leaves 9 rooms in that category, so maybe they just decided to go back to 1 SV category?? Who knows!

Just booked our first stay in RPC at the GF. This will be our 3rd stay at the GF since September 2016, but first one Club level. Just me and my husband this time for our 6 year anniversary and honeymoon we never got to take

You will love RPC! You already know how great the GF is after 3 stays, but RPC is wonderful! It's so relaxing sitting in the lounge listening to the band play, not to mention the beautiful views of the grounds. Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!