Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks for the heads up on The Office! I haven't caught it on TV in a while.

The check-in was disappointing, but I think the evening app service made up for it. I would consider giving BWI CL another try for a longer stay to see how they do over the course of a week or so instead of just a couple of days. Back to the Poly first, though. :thumbsup2

Comments like your first paragraph are what made me want to try BWI CL in the first place! I'm glad you had such a great experience there. I really think I just caught a couple of "off" shifts - still disappointing, but I'll give it a second chance sometime. Thanks for the note!

Thanks! I was quite shocked that BWI ran out of anything. The evening app services definitely turned things around.

I was quite annoyed! Prior to the evening apps on Saturday, my DH and I were already talking about not returning to BWI in the future, and wishing we'd stayed somewhere else or in a non-CL room. Admittedly, a lot of the "value" we get out of CL comes from the food and especially the beverages in the lounge. With those unavailable, we lost quite a bit of value the first day and a half since we ended up spending money to buy drinks elsewhere. I know I'm starting to repeat myself in saying this, but I do think this would have been less of an issue for me if I'd had a longer stay and more positives to balance out the negatives. But to begin a two-night stay with so many things lacking, it made a pretty negative impression. We still had a great trip, though, and are looking forward to the next. :goodvibes

Coincidentally, DH and I are binging (re-watching!) The Office right now! I missed your BW review but I think I need to go find it - heading there in a few weeks...:scared:

We just got home late last night from our five night 30th anniversary celebration at AKL club level. I am still in that "this time yesterday, I was sipping wine in the club lounge" mode while I am back to real life today! We had such an amazing time; I have nothing but good things to say about the resort and especially the club level experience. This was our third stay at AKL, so we already knew we loved the resort, but it was our first time to stay club level there.

On arrival day, I got the room ready text as we were arriving at MCO and preparing to board the Magical Express. When we arrived at the resort, I didn't see a dedicated "club level" check in area outside, but I did notice a CM with a tablet in her hand, speaking with someone. I wondered if she was for club level arrivals, but we went on inside and just went to the main desk to see what we needed to do about accessing the club level. We had no sooner started speaking with the desk agent though when the CM from outside came over and apologized for missing us get off the bus. She whisked us upstairs and left us with Sue who thoroughly acquainted us with the lounge and gave us our goodie bags.

Our room was 4321, which was on Kudu Trail. We loved the location and view. The room was configured with two queens and a bunk. Everything was in working order, clean, and in general a great room. I would absolutely stay in that room again. Prior to arrival, I had made no room requests whatsoever. Mousekeeping kept us well stocked in supplies and we had turn down service every night.

We found the club level food offerings to be plenteous and tasty. The food staff replenished items promptly, kept the area tidy, and removed dirty dishes quickly. Equally important, however, they seemed genuinely interested in making sure guests had what they wanted. For instance, they took the initiative to ask us whether or not we had been assisted, was there anything they could get us, etc. And I asked on numerous occasions for extra things such as wine to go, or to have a mimosa made, and all my requests were fulfilled cheerfully. Speaking of mimosas, the ones made with jungle juice were the best! We asked for and received bottled water to take with us multiple times as well. Most times it was Evian but occasionally it was the mini Dasani bottles. There was one afternoon when they were out of jungle juice and bottled water, but other than that isolated afternoon, everything was on hand and available.

We thought the desk CMs were great as well. They greeted us when we came into the lounge area, as well as told us to have a nice evening or whatever when we were leaving. We did require their help with my husband's PIN on his magic band and they resolved it quickly. Again, everyone was very friendly and eager to assist.

One afternoon in the lounge there was a gentlemen from South Africa doing a presentation on the climate in his country. It was very interesting and we were glad we were there to hear it.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents about the AKL club level. We would definitely stay there again!

I didn't see your review before I posted my questions - thanks for the detailed review! Sounds like a wonderful stay - and happy anniversary! I can't wait for a jungle juice mimosa! :hyper:

Excuse my delayed response! We stayed there a couple of years ago but I think we only got to the lounge for breakfast and evening apps, so good to know - thanks! Dips, breads and homemade chips are right up my alley! Did you stay there recently? When we went, they had phased out the "kid-friendly" apps during the evening when they added the chef - we worked around it okay (DS just got some food from the Mara and brought it up), but I was curious how it was now?

Yes, we were there 1 month ago. The kids options are back somewhat. No separate table but they usually had 1 hot thing like nuggets, mini corn dogs or meatballs, then either PB and J with banana chips or ham and cheese room ups and apples with caramel sauce.

Wow your situation sounds like what happened to us. We stayed at the BC CL twice thinking we would love it better for the pool. Then one year we got such a great offer at the BWI CL Deluxe room so we took it and we are a family of 6. We loved it. The room is a great size. We loved that the kids could all be with us. Also we never had a problem with the one bathroom. If someone has to use the bathroom there is one right out of the lounge. But some of the kids would shower at night and some in the morning - it always worked out. Especially as you said, that the sinks are outside the bathroom. We still stay in the BWI CL Deluxe room and the kids are much older. We haven't been back to the BC since. We love the BWI much better especially for the CMs. In terms of the pool - we would have 1 pool day maybe 2 at the most and we feel the BWI pool is nice enough for us. We enjoy the snacks by the pool.
We also love the nightlife on the Boardwalk - jugglers, comedians, mimes, etc. The BWI is our favorite EPCOT resort. The CMs are so friendly they even were in some of our family videos.

I hope this helps - but again every family is different - our opinion is that we had no issue with the one bathroom and to stay in the BWI CL Deluxe we ended up saving thousands of dollars over a week versus 2 rooms at the BC.

Let us know where you end up.

That is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much. The cost of the deluxe room is only a few hundred more than the two standard rooms at the BC. I think the CL benefits, along with the single room, make it well worth it. My husband stil isn’t convinced, but I’ll hold on to the reservation for now.

We just got home late last night from our five night 30th anniversary celebration at AKL club level. I am still in that "this time yesterday, I was sipping wine in the club lounge" mode while I am back to real life today! We had such an amazing time; I have nothing but good things to say about the resort and especially the club level experience. This was our third stay at AKL, so we already knew we loved the resort, but it was our first time to stay club level there.

On arrival day, I got the room ready text as we were arriving at MCO and preparing to board the Magical Express. When we arrived at the resort, I didn't see a dedicated "club level" check in area outside, but I did notice a CM with a tablet in her hand, speaking with someone. I wondered if she was for club level arrivals, but we went on inside and just went to the main desk to see what we needed to do about accessing the club level. We had no sooner started speaking with the desk agent though when the CM from outside came over and apologized for missing us get off the bus. She whisked us upstairs and left us with Sue who thoroughly acquainted us with the lounge and gave us our goodie bags.

Our room was 4321, which was on Kudu Trail. We loved the location and view. The room was configured with two queens and a bunk. Everything was in working order, clean, and in general a great room. I would absolutely stay in that room again. Prior to arrival, I had made no room requests whatsoever. Mousekeeping kept us well stocked in supplies and we had turn down service every night.

We found the club level food offerings to be plenteous and tasty. The food staff replenished items promptly, kept the area tidy, and removed dirty dishes quickly. Equally important, however, they seemed genuinely interested in making sure guests had what they wanted. For instance, they took the initiative to ask us whether or not we had been assisted, was there anything they could get us, etc. And I asked on numerous occasions for extra things such as wine to go, or to have a mimosa made, and all my requests were fulfilled cheerfully. Speaking of mimosas, the ones made with jungle juice were the best! We asked for and received bottled water to take with us multiple times as well. Most times it was Evian but occasionally it was the mini Dasani bottles. There was one afternoon when they were out of jungle juice and bottled water, but other than that isolated afternoon, everything was on hand and available.

We thought the desk CMs were great as well. They greeted us when we came into the lounge area, as well as told us to have a nice evening or whatever when we were leaving. We did require their help with my husband's PIN on his magic band and they resolved it quickly. Again, everyone was very friendly and eager to assist.

One afternoon in the lounge there was a gentlemen from South Africa doing a presentation on the climate in his country. It was very interesting and we were glad we were there to hear it.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents about the AKL club level. We would definitely stay there again!
Thanks for this report! We go toAKL CL in about 6 weeks and we are getting so excited!

I just returned from an awesome stay in AKL Club Level. This was the first time I had stayed since the renovation was completed and it was so nice. Beers, Sangria, Wine, and mimosas are now all available throughout the entire day. It was nice to stop in for a mimosa or 3 every morning. They'll even make them with Jungle Juice. Here are a few pics, including some from Jiko.

View attachment 310430 View attachment 310431 View attachment 310432 View attachment 310433 View attachment 310434 View attachment 310435 View attachment 310436 View attachment 310437 View attachment 310438 View attachment 310439
Great pictures! We are excited about mimosas in the morning!

Thanks for your review. We love AKL and are hoping to try CL later this year. Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

I didn't see your review before I posted my questions - thanks for the detailed review! Sounds like a wonderful stay - and happy anniversary! I can't wait for a jungle juice mimosa! :hyper:

Thanks, hard to believe it’s been 30 yrs! CL desk CM Sue personalized our “Happily Ever After” buttons so nicely with of course our names and little hearts. Enjoy your stay and mimosas!

That is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much. The cost of the deluxe room is only a few hundred more than the two standard rooms at the BC. I think the CL benefits, along with the single room, make it well worth it. My husband stil isn’t convinced, but I’ll hold on to the reservation for now.

I am glad I could help. You will definitely make up the money if it is only a few hundred more for CL over a regular room. We eat breakfast there every morning plus appetizers several times during our stay. Which saves a lot of money. One thing that is nice is they have snack bags and ties out so you can make your own snack bags to go. We rarely buy snacks at the parks. Plus the coffee to go. We probably save the most money on the coffee alone. :dogdance:

Besides the money we love the lounge area. Within the six of us now that the kids are older - half of us are early birds and the other half love to sleep in. So it is great to be able to go eat and hang out while the others sleep in. There also is a couch outside of the lounge to sit and hang out. We love the CL experience for that alone. Everything else is just a plus. Enjoy where ever you stay!

Ok Club level experts. BWI, Club level deluxe. We stayed last year, 4th floor, very cool location but balcony kinda tight. I'm hearing/reading that the 3rd floor balconies are bigger. Does anyone know if all 5 Club level deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have over sized balconies? Anyone ever stayed 3rd floor/deluxe room to confirm and share room number/balcony pix? TIA

I’m sure you’ll have a great stay! How long will you be there?

Only two nights. We're doing our first Universal/WDW split 3/5. Originally we were doing all the WDW stay at AKL but then I saw an AP discount for a CL BW room, and everyone really wanted to do it. I'm hoping it's not too much - I'm looking at it as a challenge to pack very lightly! I shifted things around to maximize location, so hopefully we'll be good! I'm very excited to try BW! I've wanted to do so for a long time!

I am, however, starting to worry about DH. He had an accident back in September and required emergency knee surgery. They said 6 months and he's mostly recovered, but he still walking really slowly with a slight limp. :crutches: (he doesn't have crutches anymore I just like the emoji!). I find it ironic since we're finally at the point where are kids are older and more "speedy". I thought we'd have a few trips where everyone was speedy before the kids were waiting for us, lol! The good thing is, it's easy enough for him to go back to the resort if he's tired...

Thanks for the review. You should let the resort manager know, as well as, guest services. I'm big on letting Disney know the good, and not only the bad. :)

We are doing Club level at Wilderness Lodge the first week of July. I have been reading about other resorts not having bottled water anymore. Does anyone know if there will be bottled water in the lounge at WL? If not I want to have some delivered to our room. Thanks.

Thanks, hard to believe it’s been 30 yrs! CL desk CM Sue personalized our “Happily Ever After” buttons so nicely with of course our names and little hearts. Enjoy your stay and mimosas!

That's so sweet! I traveled with just my DD11 in January for a trip with her dance group. It happened to fall on my birthday. Between the "Best Birthday Ever!" Minnie shirt my friend made for me, and my personalized button, I received a lot of birthday wishes all day - so fun!

Sue checked us in. She was wonderful!

Did Sue happen to mention to either of you that she's retiring in April? That's what she told me in February. She will be missed :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!