Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Did anyone book club level specifically for the FP trial program? I wouldn’t say it was my only deciding factor but it HEAVILY swayed me, since it’s our families first trip, I want to make sure we’re able to do a lot. I got a little overzealous with some reservations, dessert parties, upcharge Events, and recently realized, thanks to some Dis’ers, that why was I spending all the extra money on “extras” when I planned to use the paid FPs and viewing areas -so I cancelled some things. Now I’m feeling anxious that the trial problem will disappear. I’m working on my touring plans and spreadsheets, planning our days and meals around these 6 FPs. What do we think the chances are they’ll keep it going? I’m going in October.

Not us. I think the asking price for the additional fast passes is very steep. We are staying Poly CL primarily for the lounge and the food/drinks offered

Did anyone book club level specifically for the FP trial program? I wouldn’t say it was my only deciding factor but it HEAVILY swayed me, since it’s our families first trip, I want to make sure we’re able to do a lot. I got a little overzealous with some reservations, dessert parties, upcharge Events, and recently realized, thanks to some Dis’ers, that why was I spending all the extra money on “extras” when I planned to use the paid FPs and viewing areas -so I cancelled some things. Now I’m feeling anxious that the trial problem will disappear. I’m working on my touring plans and spreadsheets, planning our days and meals around these 6 FPs. What do we think the chances are they’ll keep it going? I’m going in October.
Nope.
I think it's way too much money. I doubt we'd ever book it.
I briefly toyed with the idea of doing it for DH and I in July, so we could get Slinky Dog for sure.
I never did and then when our 60 days opened I was able to get it on my own.
So I honestly don't currently see any circumstance where we'd ever plop down $150 a person (min of $300) for 3 more FP each day, each.
Unlimited FP for 3 days, yes. 3, nope.

Even the viewing areas don't appeal all that much.
We find we can view HEA just fine. Secretly, I've found I prefer to see the fireworks from behind the castle anyway. They are better there. Only the projections are better from the front. I think the front is worse for the fireworks for this particular show (which I didn't even realize until I saw them from the back).
It's easy to view the other shows.

We do however, make full use out of the lounge and food offerings. We are able to reduce our OOP meal costs significantly.

I wonder after Star Wars opens up, will one need to purchase the additional three, just to be able to get the headliner rides. I was hoping to go back in 2019 during December, but with the Star Wars announcement, I may try to move that up to early November in hopes of avoiding the Star Wars rush. Then for the next couple years, do Hilton Head and maybe another Disney cruise.

I wonder after Star Wars opens up, will one need to purchase the additional three, just to be able to get the headliner rides. I was hoping to go back in 2019 during December, but with the Star Wars announcement, I may try to move that up to early November in hopes of avoiding the Star Wars rush. Then for the next couple years, do Hilton Head and maybe another Disney cruise.
Nah. Haven't HAD to have it for Pandora or Toy Story Land. Won't HAVE to have it for Galaxy Edge either. Not unless you have a 1 day trip or something. Disney pumps in way too many FP.

We find we can view HEA just fine. Secretly, I've found I prefer to see the fireworks from behind the castle anyway. They are better there. Only the projections are better from the front. I think the front is worse for the fireworks for this particular show (which I didn't even realize until I saw them from the back).

Quite by accident, since our style later in the day is more or less just do whatever, we found ourselves walking out of PVH from eating, and the fireworks we're going off. Loved the different view, didn't need to see front as had before, and the overall different vibe was a nice change.

Nope.
I think it's way too much money. I doubt we'd ever book it.
I briefly toyed with the idea of doing it for DH and I in July, so we could get Slinky Dog for sure.
I never did and then when our 60 days opened I was able to get it on my own.
So I honestly don't currently see any circumstance where we'd ever plop down $150 a person (min of $300) for 3 more FP each day, each.
Unlimited FP for 3 days, yes. 3, nope.

We do however, make full use out of the lounge and food offerings. We are able to reduce our OOP meal costs significantly.

It’s only fair to point out that you seem like you are a frequent traveler to WDW. You don’t necessarily have the same sense of urgency as someone who is going on their first (and possibly last) WDW trip.

It’s only fair to point out that you seem like you are a frequent traveler to WDW. You don’t necessarily have the same sense of urgency as someone who is going on their first (and possibly last) WDW trip.
Honestly has nothing to do with it for me
My advice to anyone who asks would be the same if it was their first or their fiftieth trip
I think you can accomplish the same thing with a good plan for free

We are booking CL primarily to use the FP trial program for our trip in Sept. We don't do to DW often, and are only going to be there for 5 days - so being able to plan out the entire trip with FP/viewing locations was important. I did the math on the cost calculus vs doing two dessert parties and some savings on breakfast (which we will probably grab and go) and it ended up being within a couple hundred dollars total - which I find VERY worth it so I don't have to worry about FP selections at all.

I'm not sure how long the trial program will be going, but another DIS poster mentioned a CM said "through the end of the year." I called DSS a couple of weeks ago and they put in a note to call me at 90 days from my trip to do my FP selections, so it seems like it will (hopefully) be in place through then...

I have stayed club level at the Poly, and personally would not book club level just for FP since it's an additional fee on top of club level pricing. With that said, I am a DVC owner and have been to the parks and on each of the rides more times than I can count, so that may influence my input :) Club level is definitely an experience I would recommend, just not the extra $ for FP.

Heading out next year for our first CL booking (and our first split stay too, both halves in CL between the Poly and BC). I'm a little nervous about navigating lounge food offerings with my husband, who has celiac disease and is very sensitive to cross contamination, but we are at least not desperate to ensure that the lounge food replaces any meals except maybe breakfast. I'm hoping that a breakfast option every day should be something that's relatively easy for them to arrange.

I may have booked insanely early. As a result we were restricted to room only at this stage and so were on the hook for one night plus tax for the room deposit - TWICE because of the split stay - which was a tiny bit more than the $200 deposit when you book a package. Eek!

I'm really grateful for all the information in this thread, though it's going to take a while to get through all of it!
I’m quite behind but wanted to say my fam member was gluten sensitive at BC CL in Nov & the chef was great! I think his name was Chris(?) he brought out the biggest tray of gluten free stuff we’d ever seen (McKenna bakery I think, donuts, cupcakes, cookies!) and prepared special gluten-free dishes at night upon request. He was so great, I would not hesitate to go again- even with a celiac :)

I’ll report back on Poly CL in Nov ;)

If you’re anxious about the trial program disappearing hold on to those reservations. No need to cancel them now! You can cancel them after you get your CL FP+ booked.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that.

As it is your family's first trip, you are ahead of the game just by attempting to plan things out. Many people do not do that and still have a good time. You can have a great time just by booking the 3 regular FP and making your ADRs. CL will give you added convenience in terms of snacks and drinks. How old are your kids?

I have considered this. I still think it's not the best idea to pack in everything (and at a huge extra cost) possible into one trip. One can only do so much in a day and keep everyone happy.

Another point is that the vast majority of Disney visitors do not have this option and still have a great trip. Disney is huge and if you can't do something, find something else.

I do see the appeal if one is doing a once only, trip of a lifetime, budget is limitless, during Christmas, NYE, or any other major holiday. Then have at it. It's your best chance of doing everything.

I understand what you are saying. There is a lot of helpful information on the Theme parks board thread about the additional fastpasses. https://www.disboards.com/threads/club-level-fastpass-purchase-logistics.3657573/

I think the good thing is that it's totally an option. If it works for someone, great. If it doesn't no worries.
I emailed DSS about our late Nov/early Dec trip with a few q's about the program. This is the information they gave me:

"We are currently testing a pilot program for our club level guests. At this time, we will know more about availability closer to your arrival date. I suggest giving us a call around late August to see if this program is still available. You will be eligible to book it September 8th if it is still running. We'd be happy to explain more about the program if you give us a call."

So, I'll stay tuned and if I hear anything more I'll post.

I just dread seeing the day when the free fast passes are gone, or the most desired ones are extremely hard to get without some sort of money grab. I really feel like this is the way Disney is heading.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that.

As it is your family's first trip, you are ahead of the game just by attempting to plan things out. Many people do not do that and still have a good time. You can have a great time just by booking the 3 regular FP and making your ADRs. CL will give you added convenience in terms of snacks and drinks. How old are your kids?

Kids are (or will be) 10 and 7. Were Disneylanders so one big difference is the fast pass system. It’s not uncommon for my kids to ride BTRRM over and over because FP is usually only 20 mins out. It’ll be a change to limit their number of rides. That’s why the idea of having SIX instead of THREE is very appealing. I know there’s a whole refresh/modify strategy but my goal is not have to interact with my phone too much or put too much thought into plans day of. We shall see!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!