Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I just dread seeing the day when the free fast passes are gone, or the most desired ones are extremely hard to get without some sort of money grab. I really feel like this is the way Disney is heading.
That's never going to happen. They issue too many FP per hour

Kids are (or will be) 10 and 7. Were Disneylanders so one big difference is the fast pass system. It’s not uncommon for my kids to ride BTRRM over and over because FP is usually only 20 mins out. It’ll be a change to limit their number of rides. That’s why the idea of having SIX instead of THREE is very appealing. I know there’s a whole refresh/modify strategy but my goal is not have to interact with my phone too much or put too much thought into plans day of. We shall see!!
That's never been an option at WDW, even when they had the same exact paper FP system in place
All the headliners at WDW ran like RSS FP do. You race there at rope drop if you want one and they are gone fast for the entire day, every day.

Kids are (or will be) 10 and 7. Were Disneylanders so one big difference is the fast pass system. It’s not uncommon for my kids to ride BTRRM over and over because FP is usually only 20 mins out. It’ll be a change to limit their number of rides. That’s why the idea of having SIX instead of THREE is very appealing. I know there’s a whole refresh/modify strategy but my goal is not have to interact with my phone too much or put too much thought into plans day of. We shall see!!

If that's the case, Id plan on RD that, probably can get in at least 2 rides before lines, and then get an fp for it a little later. That one is not totally crazy like some of the newer rides. My boys usually do that 2 times in a row. That's usually the first thing my boys like too.

Never say never with Disney. Hopefully it won't, but I wouldn't put it past them. I'm not the only one here who thinks that some sort of pay to play will take effect at some point.
Of course not. There are always folks (many of which seem to post at the Dis for some reason) who think the worse and look at everything they do as a way to squeeze out more money.
I'm still going to say never.
And I stand a chance to be wrong.
I have been before and I will be again.

ETA - I was mainly referring to the 2nd part, the most desired ones being gone without paying.
I actually wish they would go to a pay for unlimited FP system like Universal has. I know why it wouldn't work and why it's highly unlikely they'd ever do it but I'd still love to see one.

Completely off topic for this thread, but recently had a quick chance to experience things on “the other side” of the country. Other than driving by on the highway, I had never been to DL before - first time there.

Stayed one night at the Disneyland Hotel. I don’t consider myself a “Disney-fan” - I love the parks and resorts of course, but I don’t live/breath all things Disney. But, it’s hard not to be impressed by the history/details here. The entire resort is a Disney-lovers dream. It’s sort of like a combination of CR and Poly wrapped into one.

You can press a button, little fireworks lights come on in the headboard and it plays the song from A Kiss Goodnight. Talk about feels.
6F723F4E-4A3A-438C-8411-489F444AF3A7.jpeg

Really love this photo in the room.
0CDF56D0-0A48-4B52-BE83-B60FDA9999AC.jpeg

For those that miss the grapefruit stuff, it’s still here. :-)
EA9A130E-DB59-43BD-B2CB-7B029CCB75E0.jpeg

More great Disney artwork in the room.
D50BAC34-1DAE-48AD-81BA-69D21929B7D9.jpeg

Little Disney details everywhere. Those flowers you can barely see at the bottom are real.
314FBE50-55FD-4FCD-A32D-CB51CA8370D7.jpeg

Hard to capture it well, but the view from the “E-Ticket Lounge.” The lounge is in a beautiful space with nice big windows looking out towards both parks. You can watch fireworks here with music.
7A852C4C-4FB5-4A86-A127-846005EFE6E0.jpeg

Love the name of the CL here!
5C6DCFB7-9A11-48CE-AE83-CA65999ABCB8.jpeg

This type or artwork is all over the resort.
8DDD37A4-10A2-4026-9E85-3B611DB5632E.jpeg

I mean, how cool is this thing!
26663E47-D097-4BD3-8F7C-092114D541A9.jpeg

Anyway, sorry to be OT. I only had all of around 15 hours on property, so barely got a chance to really experience the resort or any CL offerings. I enjoyed what small time I had in the parks - definitely going to try to plan a real trip out here sometime soon.

Completely off topic for this thread, but recently had a quick chance to experience things on “the other side” of the country. Other than driving by on the highway, I had never been to DL before - first time there.

Stayed one night at the Disneyland Hotel. I don’t consider myself a “Disney-fan” - I love the parks and resorts of course, but I don’t live/breath all things Disney. But, it’s hard not to be impressed by the history/details here. The entire resort is a Disney-lovers dream. .
We went for a week for the 60th and this is where we stayed. Got a corner room, with a view of the Theme Park and talk about an incredible room. It had a private entrance at the end of the hall, just our room and the room across the hall inside the door. We loved it. DH and I are heading back for Christmas season this year. I have to see Pixar Place and Small World decorated for Christmas. I so want to stay at DLH again but I think we may do one of the Good Neighbor ones instead. We even got one of those cabanas right there by the pool (should have been near where you took that photo, right there by Trader Sams) and the family in the cabana by us was our suite mate at the hotel, of all people. Disney Pixie Dust/Small World magic. DGD and their DD became friends and pen pals.

We went for a week for the 60th and this is where we stayed. Got a corner room, with a view of the Theme Park and talk about an incredible room. It had a private entrance at the end of the hall, just our room and the room across the hall inside the door. We loved it. DH and I are heading back for Christmas season this year. I have to see Pixar Place and Small World decorated for Christmas. I so want to stay at DLH again but I think we may do one of the Good Neighbor ones instead. We even got one of those cabanas right there by the pool (should have been near where you took that photo, right there by Trader Sams) and the family in the cabana by us was our suite mate at the hotel, of all people. Disney Pixie Dust/Small World magic. DGD and their DD became friends and pen pals.

I wonder if we had the same room. I was on the corner and it had that double entryway - took me a second to understand the setup! :-)

It was on the corner closest to DCA with a view of both parks. Similar to the pic of the lounge view above.

Yeah, noticed lots of cabanas around the pool. The pool area looked really nice - lots of space, plenty of chairs, multiple pools. It wasn’t crazy WDW crowded like some resorts can be mid afternoon. Might have just been my timing, of course.

(And is it bad that I thought the DL versions of rides we have at WDW were a bit better?) :rolleyes1

That's never going to happen. They issue too many FP per hour

That's never been an option at WDW, even when they had the same exact paper FP system in place
All the headliners at WDW ran like RSS FP do. You race there at rope drop if you want one and they are gone fast for the entire day, every day.

I realize that, but I’m just commenting on what my kids have been able to do at our home park. We can easily ride top headliners multiple times a day with their new Max Pass system (which I know could never work at WDW). And we very, very rarely use stand by line. I guess that’s why I’m leaning so heavily towards having the chance to book six FPs, at least so those are “guaranteed” rides.

Stayed one night at the Disneyland Hotel. I don’t consider myself a “Disney-fan” - I love the parks and resorts of course, but I don’t live/breath all things Disney. But, it’s hard not to be impressed by the history/details here. The entire resort is a Disney-lovers dream. It’s sort of like a combination of CR and Poly wrapped into one.

You can press a button, little fireworks lights come on in the headboard and it plays the song from A Kiss Goodnight. Talk about feels.
View attachment 324578

View attachment 324579

View attachment 324580

View attachment 324581

Little Disney details everywhere. Those flowers you can barely see at the bottom are real.
View attachment 324582

Hard to capture it well, but the view from the “E-Ticket Lounge.” The lounge is in a beautiful space with nice big windows looking out towards both parks. You can watch fireworks here with music.
View attachment 324583

View attachment 324584

View attachment 324585

View attachment 324586

Anyway, sorry to be OT. I only had all of around 15 hours on property, so barely got a chance to really experience the resort or any CL offerings. I enjoyed what small time I had in the parks - definitely going to try to plan a real trip out here sometime soon.

Thanks for the photos! We love DL & have been there 6 times. Stayed at DL hotel 5 of them, but not CL yet. What was your impression of the lounge? The head board is gorgeous, isn't it? Sadly, that view will be changing since they are building another hotel right there. I'm afraid you won't able to see the parks or fireworks when it's done.

We're contemplating a trip to Hawaii next year since we have a SW companion pass til Dec 19. If we do it, we will be stopping at DL for a few days. I'm debating between CL at DL hotel or Grand Californian if we go. Probably GC since otherwise we'll have all that construction to deal with getting to parks.

The holiday overlays at HM & IASW are worth a trip alone! My favorite Buzz Lightyear ride is light years better at DL. :rotfl2: If we don't get there in 2019, it will be 2020 for sure!

I wonder if we had the same room. I was on the corner and it had that double entryway - took me a second to understand the setup! :-)

It was on the corner closest to DCA with a view of both parks. Similar to the pic of the lounge view above.

Yeah, noticed lots of cabanas around the pool. The pool area looked really nice - lots of space, plenty of chairs, multiple pools. It wasn’t crazy WDW crowded like some resorts can be mid afternoon. Might have just been my timing, of course.

(And is it bad that I thought the DL versions of rides we have at WDW were a bit better?) :rolleyes1
Could be. I believe there is a pair of them on each floor. I can't remeber which floor we were on.

It sounds like you had a great stay! We are DL AP holders too but we haven't stayed at the DL Hotel yet just The Californian and some good neighbor options, your pictures make me want to book a DL Hotel room for next time!

So many of the DL rides are quite a bit better in my opinion, I still prefer a WDW vacation though, after 3 days at DL I am pretty much done especially with how well MaxPass works.

Thanks for the photos! We love DL & have been there 6 times. Stayed at DL hotel 5 of them, but not CL yet. What was your impression of the lounge? The head board is gorgeous, isn't it? Sadly, that view will be changing since they are building another hotel right there. I'm afraid you won't able to see the parks or fireworks when it's done.

We're contemplating a trip to Hawaii next year since we have a SW companion pass til Dec 19. If we do it, we will be stopping at DL for a few days. I'm debating between CL at DL hotel or Grand Californian if we go. Probably GC since otherwise we'll have all that construction to deal with getting to parks.

The holiday overlays at HM & IASW are worth a trip alone! My favorite Buzz Lightyear ride is light years better at DL. :rotfl2: If we don't get there in 2019, it will be 2020 for sure!

Is that parking lot where the new hotel will go? I had dinner at the bar at Napa Rose and the folks next to me mentioned a new resort, but couldn’t really figure out where from their description. BTW, Napa Rose was the best Disney meal I have ever had, hands down.

The CL/lounge setup was quite similar to WDW. The lounge itself is very nice - top floor, prime TPV, multiple large windows. It’s not huge, but seemed like a nice layout.

The only service I got to experiance was afternoon snacks. The same “house-made chips” that are at many WDW lounges, dips, gold fish. They had a variety of granola bars available. Beer/wine available upon request. I was quickly whisked upstairs for check-in. Lounge CMs were incredibly helpful and would call me by name when entering/leaving the lounge, which I thought was a nice touch.

They had an interesting self-serve filtered water station with cold water, room temp water, etc. I wish WDW lounges would add a similar automatic system so the CMs didn’t have to spend time constantly filling water containers. Just seems to much easier.

I had wanted to be around for evening apps, but Napa Rose turned into a much better option. :-)

Love it! Looks nicer than the paradise pier hotel CL I stayed in April.

I want to say that we will never stay CL again because the cost really doesn't justify the rewards, for me personally. But I also would have never in a million years thought I would be able to use my OKW points at AK-CL, little on during my first trip. God just blessed me with being on the DVC site at the right time resulting in my #1 Disney World goal. So I guess you never really know what the cards will hold.

It sounds like you had a great stay! We are DL AP holders too but we haven't stayed at the DL Hotel yet just The Californian and some good neighbor options, your pictures make me want to book a DL Hotel room for next time!

So many of the DL rides are quite a bit better in my opinion, I still prefer a WDW vacation though, after 3 days at DL I am pretty much done especially with how well MaxPass works.

A friend told me “don’t stay at GC since it’s like WL, stay at DL Hotel since it’s different” so I rolled with that advice. The hotel didn’t much appeal to me from afar, but once there I was glad that I decided to stay there.

As someone so used to the WDW FP system, I stumbled/bumbled my way through MaxPass!

View attachment 324578

View attachment 324579

View attachment 324580

View attachment 324581

View attachment 324582

View attachment 324583

View attachment 324584

View attachment 324585

View attachment 324586

We loved DLH!

CM Robert is amazing there too.

We had a signature Fairy Tale suite so I didnt get to see those rooms in person but they sure are DISNEY!

Thx for the trip down memory lane!

A friend told me “don’t stay at GC since it’s like WL, stay at DL Hotel since it’s different” so I rolled with that advice. The hotel didn’t much appeal to me from afar, but once there I was glad that I decided to stay there.

As someone so used to the WDW FP system, I stumbled/bumbled my way through MaxPass!
dd loved max pass 2 weeks agol I think it is better than the extra 3fp with cl. It is also cheaper at $10 pp per day.

I want to say that we will never stay CL again because the cost really doesn't justify the rewards, for me personally. But I also would have never in a million years thought I would be able to use my OKW points at AK-CL, little on during my first trip. God just blessed me with being on the DVC site at the right time resulting in my #1 Disney World goal. So I guess you never really know what the cards will hold.

Wow! That's awesome! AKL is our home resort, so we've been lucky enough to snag CL a few times with our points, but for non-AKL owners it's almost unheard of. Congratulations!! :tink:

Wow! That's awesome! AKL is our home resort, so we've been lucky enough to snag CL a few times with our points, but for non-AKL owners it's almost unheard of. Congratulations!! :tink:
It was a blessing, never imagined it would happen. And the fact that it will happen on a trip that is/was planned to be our very first resort only trip (for the most part, except one day at Typhoon Lagoon) is amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter