Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Two more sleeps until Polynesian Club Level...sooo excited!

So exciting - have a great time! Come back with pictures.

Completely off topic for this thread, but recently had a quick chance to experience things on “the other side” of the country. Other than driving by on the highway, I had never been to DL before - first time there.

Stayed one night at the Disneyland Hotel. I don’t consider myself a “Disney-fan” - I love the parks and resorts of course, but I don’t live/breath all things Disney. But, it’s hard not to be impressed by the history/details here. The entire resort is a Disney-lovers dream. It’s sort of like a combination of CR and Poly wrapped into one.

Anyway, sorry to be OT. I only had all of around 15 hours on property, so barely got a chance to really experience the resort or any CL offerings. I enjoyed what small time I had in the parks - definitely going to try to plan a real trip out here sometime soon.

Thanks for the pictures. We love DL but haven't been for years. We keep saying we are going back but don't do it.

Hard to capture it well, but the view from the “E-Ticket Lounge.” The lounge is in a beautiful space with nice big windows looking out towards both parks. You can watch fireworks here with music.
View attachment 324583

Is that parking lot where the new hotel will go? I had dinner at the bar at Napa Rose and the folks next to me mentioned a new resort, but couldn’t really figure out where from their description. BTW, Napa Rose was the best Disney meal I have ever had, hands down.

The CL/lounge setup was quite similar to WDW. The lounge itself is very nice - top floor, prime TPV, multiple large windows. It’s not huge, but seemed like a nice layout.

In the view picture you posted, the building on the left is the ESPN restaurant, the building on the right is the AMC theaters. Both are being closed for the new hotel is my understanding. So seems like it will be right in front of the DL Hotel, between DL hotel & Downtown Disney. I really can’t see how it will not negatively impact DL Hotel. :sad2:

I realize that, but I’m just commenting on what my kids have been able to do at our home park. We can easily ride top headliners multiple times a day with their new Max Pass system (which I know could never work at WDW). And we very, very rarely use stand by line. I guess that’s why I’m leaning so heavily towards having the chance to book six FPs, at least so those are “guaranteed” rides.
In view of this, I can see why you want to have the extra FP. Riding top headliners multiple times a day doesn't happen at WDW. Just the fact that the parks require commuting by vehicle makes it less likely that you would be successful at riding top headliners multiple times. Maybe one headliner, several times, like if you do Soarin' at rope drop. FOP at rope drop might get you 2 or 3 rides if you have at least one FP, but you will still have to wait a bit. SM, BTMM, can be done 2-3x if you get there when the ride first opens. Flexibility helps. If something is really crowded, go do something else and try again later. Don't waste too much time on any one ride.

Completely off topic for this thread, but recently had a quick chance to experience things on “the other side” of the country. Other than driving by on the highway, I had never been to DL before - first time there.

Stayed one night at the Disneyland Hotel. I don’t consider myself a “Disney-fan” - I love the parks and resorts of course, but I don’t live/breath all things Disney. But, it’s hard not to be impressed by the history/details here. The entire resort is a Disney-lovers dream. It’s sort of like a combination of CR and Poly wrapped into one.

You can press a button, little fireworks lights come on in the headboard and it plays the song from A Kiss Goodnight. Talk about feels.
View attachment 324578

Really love this photo in the room.
View attachment 324579

For those that miss the grapefruit stuff, it’s still here. :-)
View attachment 324580

More great Disney artwork in the room.
View attachment 324581

Little Disney details everywhere. Those flowers you can barely see at the bottom are real.
View attachment 324582

Hard to capture it well, but the view from the “E-Ticket Lounge.” The lounge is in a beautiful space with nice big windows looking out towards both parks. You can watch fireworks here with music.
View attachment 324583

Love the name of the CL here!
View attachment 324584

This type or artwork is all over the resort.
View attachment 324585

I mean, how cool is this thing!
View attachment 324586

Anyway, sorry to be OT. I only had all of around 15 hours on property, so barely got a chance to really experience the resort or any CL offerings. I enjoyed what small time I had in the parks - definitely going to try to plan a real trip out here sometime soon.

That is so awesome that you experienced this! I can't wait to go! Thanks for posting all the pictures too.

In view of this, I can see why you want to have the extra FP. Riding top headliners multiple times a day doesn't happen at WDW. Just the fact that the parks require commuting by vehicle makes it less likely that you would be successful at riding top headliners multiple times. Maybe one headliner, several times, like if you do Soarin' at rope drop. FOP at rope drop might get you 2 or 3 rides if you have at least one FP, but you will still have to wait a bit. SM, BTMM, can be done 2-3x if you get there when the ride first opens. Flexibility helps. If something is really crowded, go do something else and try again later. Don't waste too much time on any one ride.
I'll disagree a bit. We often ride headliners multiple times in a row. Granted, these days, it is harder to do at WDW than it was in the past.

If we see a short line for any headliner, we ride twice, and we've done this many times at WDW. It isn't always possible, but most vacations we get lucky. It helps if you make sure to use all the peripheral park hours, it isn't a major holiday week, and you aren't picky about sitting together or where in the car you sit.

These days though, WDW is working towards e-ride lines always being long. I think that's pretty much the whole point of FP. (from WDW's p.o.v.) If any line gets too short, Disney can immediately issue more FP to draw more people onto that attraction.

That said, we loved the 6 FP service. Folks who like headliners should also consider Universal's deluxe hotels when visiting Universal, because their Express Pass service is superior to FP in terms of more headliners per hour.

I'll disagree a bit. We often ride headliners multiple times in a row. Granted, these days, it is harder to do at WDW than it was in the past.

If we see a short line for any headliner, we ride twice, and we've done this many times at WDW. It isn't always possible, but most vacations we get lucky.

I actually agree with this, I meant multiple headliners, multiple times. That's why I mentioned having to commute between parks and said you could probably do it for one if you're early enough. We used to go when it was slow and ride anything we wanted many times. It's not like that anymore. Sometimes you can get lucky like when it's raining or very late at EMH etc.

Thanks for the photos! We love DL & have been there 6 times. Stayed at DL hotel 5 of them, but not CL yet. What was your impression of the lounge? The head board is gorgeous, isn't it? Sadly, that view will be changing since they are building another hotel right there. I'm afraid you won't able to see the parks or fireworks when it's done.

We're contemplating a trip to Hawaii next year since we have a SW companion pass til Dec 19. If we do it, we will be stopping at DL for a few days. I'm debating between CL at DL hotel or Grand Californian if we go. Probably GC since otherwise we'll have all that construction to deal with getting to parks.

The holiday overlays at HM & IASW are worth a trip alone! My favorite Buzz Lightyear ride is light years better at DL. :rotfl2: If we don't get there in 2019, it will be 2020 for sure!
Half the rooms that can see will still be able to see. The new hotel will only be 6-7 stories tall it looks like. Here’s the concept art & concept aerial view to give you an idea. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/new-hotel-disneyland-resort/

CL GCH is wonderful! Especially after the renovation. They said the new offerings were a bit too fancy for my fam & we’ll be looking to DLH CL for our next trip. (But giving up the rain shower & underbed storage space at GCH will be hard!) We have some reviews on the GCH thread in the DL forum fyi. There are people who prefer DLH CL. Construction impact on DLH is the biggest q at this point since the new hotel construction will be well underway but by the time you’re looking at booking the DL forum will have some reports of people’s experiences.

Is that parking lot where the new hotel will go? I had dinner at the bar at Napa Rose and the folks next to me mentioned a new resort, but couldn’t really figure out where from their description...
You know how you can exit DLH & walk to the monorail? There. All of it from DLH up to the monorail line is being demolished in the coming months. Parks blog says hope to open in 2021.

Fwiw when we were talking about it with the gm at GCH CL over the holidays (it had just opened, brass were there every night) he said the new hotel and it’s CL will be a notch above even GCH.

Does anyone have gluten free experience at Poly CL? BC CL was great to us last year with gf donuts, cupcakes, special evening meal on request but I have no idea if Poly is as good about allergies?

Half the rooms that can see will still be able to see. The new hotel will only be 6-7 stories tall it looks like. Here’s the concept art & concept aerial view to give you an idea. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/new-hotel-disneyland-resort/

CL GCH is wonderful! Especially after the renovation. They said the new offerings were a bit too fancy for my fam & we’ll be looking to DLH CL for our next trip. (But giving up the rain shower & underbed storage space at GCH will be hard!) We have some reviews on the GCH thread in the DL forum fyi. There are people who prefer DLH CL. Construction impact on DLH is the biggest q at this point since the new hotel construction will be well underway but by the time you’re looking at booking the DL forum will have some reports of people’s experiences.

Thanks for all the intel! :goodvibes Last time I was in DL was Sept ‘15. I only frequent the DL forum when I have a trip planned so I haven’t been on there in awhile. Almost time to plan another trip there!

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a room ready text just before we boarded our flight at 9:00 am.
Got a great room right over Flying Fish overlooking the Boardwalk. Exactly like I wanted. We may have even had the same room before. If not on 4th floor, on 2nd or 3rd. We are already of on ME. Waited about 5 min to board a bus and another 5 to depart. Probably fastest ever. Should be in the room here shortly.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a room ready text just before we boarded our flight at 9:00 am.
Got a great room right over Flying Fish overlooking the Boardwalk. Exactly like I wanted. We may have even had the same room before. If not on 4th floor, on 2nd or 3rd. We are already of on ME. Waited about 5 min to board a bus and another 5 to depart. Probably fastest ever. Should be in the room here shortly.
Wonderful! Enjoy! :flower:

Did anyone book club level specifically for the FP trial program? What do we think the chances are they’ll keep it going? I’m going in October.
Hi, Just coming back around to these posts. Please do go to the thread in the theme parks because you will get different answers to your question there. Your original question was already asked and answered with both yes and no. Based on what other people have posted in the logistics post this program will probably be available through this year at least. Several people have been told by different CM's at DSS that the program is going well and that it will probably be around at least for their trips through December.

It’s only fair to point out that you seem like you are a frequent traveler to WDW. You don’t necessarily have the same sense of urgency as someone who is going on their first (and possibly last) WDW trip.
Sometimes I find that is part of the problem on here. I am not a frequenter to WDW. This will be my second time at Christmas because last year we didn't see everything we wanted to see in the 5 days we were there. Prior to that we were at WDW in 2002 and probably won't be back for many years because of all the price increases and extras just for money.

Kids are (or will be) 10 and 7. Were Disneylanders so one big difference is the fast pass system. It’s not uncommon for my kids to ride BTRRM over and over because FP is usually only 20 mins out. It’ll be a change to limit their number of rides. That’s why the idea of having SIX instead of THREE is very appealing. I know there’s a whole refresh/modify strategy but my goal is not have to interact with my phone too much or put too much thought into plans day of. We shall see!!
I would definitely recommend purchasing the CLFP+ program if it is in your budget. I am for our stay. Here is the reasons. I also don't want to be tied to my phone. It is not about getting 3 extra FP's. It is getting 3 tier 1 FP's on the same day, and not having to get up early to book FP's. This can be important for a short stay; say less than 7 days. It is also getting prime viewing for 4 shows without having to pay for a dessert party which is more expensive(and I don't need the desserts), stalking a good spot 45 mins to and hour before the show or paying for a dinner to get preferred seating which would also be more money. I would recommend using the 3 days and getting the preferred viewing for HEA, Fantasmic and ROL. They are all great shows and if you haven't seen HEA you want to watch it from in front of the castle as it was intended. It is much easier to get a viewing spot for Illuminations because it is such a large area. IMO, I totally think this program is worth it and so do many others. You will find them in the thread on the theme park page. You will also get info on viewing areas and strategies that people have already used. Here is the link again: https://www.disboards.com/threads/club-level-fastpass-purchase-logistics.3657573/

Does anyone have gluten free experience at Poly CL? BC CL was great to us last year with gf donuts, cupcakes, special evening meal on request but I have no idea if Poly is as good about allergies?
They were very good about it last 4th of July, and We’re going back for the 4th this year too so I’ll be happy to update you if that’s before your trip.

It was a blessing, never imagined it would happen. And the fact that it will happen on a trip that is/was planned to be our very first resort only trip (for the most part, except one day at Typhoon Lagoon) is amazing!

I have seen cash reservations a few days ago, for 2BR CL at the AKL in next August, for a two-weeks stay. I was not interested in them, but never though they would be available for cash…

Just back from our YC CL stay. We had a great time. CMs were really helpful and friendly. We got some pixie dust and were moved from a GV to a LV, just a few rooms from the lounge. Super convenient. Food was very good overall. Like the new rotating hot breakfast choices. Made it a bit nicer. Hot apps were good. Definitely could make a meal if someone was so inclined. We just used them as apps but made for very small dinners! Desserts were good, but wish they would rotate items through like they do with the apps. We didn't have many adult beverages so can't comment on that. Management was in there one day discussing things to make it better, so hope that is a good sign for further improvements. BC has been our favorite to date, but I think YC just surpassed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter