Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I need all you seasoned club people to help me with my thinking! We are club lovers through & through & really miss it when not in a CL room. Over spring break we are staying the 2nd half of our trip at Beach Club in a deluxe room & felt like the rate was quite reasonable, even with the ridiculous overpricing these days. The first half I have BOG dinner, Park Fair & Snow White(whatever it's called! Very excited about this one!) booked. Considering the high price of these meals & the fact that we'd miss the evening offerings in the lounge, I decided not to do CL. I also wanted to book a MK resort for ease of transportation to our ADRs. I was naively thinking I could get Wilderness for $300 or less. Surprisingly that's not the case! What the- -?? GF is only $30 or so more ! I don't understand that! But, anyway, I went ahead & booked GF because the rooms are larger & it is a little easier to get to MK. But then I remembered that it might be possible to book CL at WL, which I might like to do if I cancel one of our ADRs, which I am very likely to do. And then I discovered BWI or maybe YC had rooms even cheaper! I love WL, but, sheesh! How can it be priced more than the EP resorts & almost as much as GF?! I'm off subject again-sorry! I do like to split our stays between the EP & MK resorts, which is why I wouldn't be thrilled with another EP resort since we'll be there the second half. BUT- - I like the fact that it's more affordable. But if I do BWI or YC, I've lost the ease of transportation to MK. So, please talk me through this . keep GF, or change to WL & possibly CL, or go with a less expensive option, but lose the proximity to MK. Never in a million years did I think I'd be choosing resorts based around restaurants!

Obviously totally subjective opinion. Reading your post, I was left with the feeling you should stick to GF. I think I'd rather GF be the starting point for your MK-resort side travels given your plan. I personally wouldn't want an Epcot-resort only split - if I'm going through the effort of splitting I kind of need a fix of both plus transportation to those ADRs would be a bit of a pain.

As an aside...I'm just curious as to your comments on pricing... are you comparing apples-to-apples offers and/or rack rates?

I think Touring Plans shows both of those as having two queens so maybe I’m just crazy...I’ve stayed in several rooms on that side both with and without my daughter so maybe I’m just confused about which ones had a king. I just know I don’t want the king room all the way at the end of the hall on the garden view side! I think I’ll just leave off the king bed request...we’ve been married almost 22years now so no big deal:rotfl2:! Thanks for the room numbers!
you’ll be fine!! You’ll get the room, I just know it! Love that room (and I can’t believe I can’t remember the room number either!) I wonder if DSS can help you figure it out.

Glad to see you back!! Happy you loved Poly TPV CL - it's just such a special place and the room view (and lounge view!) is hard to beat.

I agree that Visa 35% deal was a super deal. I jumped on that deal so fast for Easter week!! I booked GF because I was thinking we'd cancel Thanksgiving at RPC, but alas we're going so I'm scurrying around booking airfare and finalizing plans. Now for Easter week.....might have to change from RPC to YC or my beloved BC cause I don't like to stay at the same place twice in a row...
Happy to be back! Missed ya! This will be our 4th YC CL stay. It should be a favorite since we’ve always been well taken care of and even upgraded twice. I just am too in love with BC and BWI maybe? That Poly view I need to get my family there next summer!!

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup2

Congrats on the 35%, especially for RPC.....that's a great discount! Enjoy your AP :goodvibes.

Definitely worth a call ::yes::

Not nutty at all....not every resort/CL is for everyone as everyone has different likes/preferences. I agree about BWI CL....it's certainly top notch.....loved it more than I thought I would and can't wait to go back :).

Thanks about Poly CL. I am really looking forward to it! Can't wait to check out that view from the lounge :cloud9:.
My phone won’t let me multiquote lol. I’m SO glad you’re finally getting that Poly CL visit in :hug:

I need all you seasoned club people to help me with my thinking! We are club lovers through & through & really miss it when not in a CL room. Over spring break we are staying the 2nd half of our trip at Beach Club in a deluxe room & felt like the rate was quite reasonable, even with the ridiculous overpricing these days. The first half I have BOG dinner, Park Fair & Snow White(whatever it's called! Very excited about this one!) booked. Considering the high price of these meals & the fact that we'd miss the evening offerings in the lounge, I decided not to do CL. I also wanted to book a MK resort for ease of transportation to our ADRs. I was naively thinking I could get Wilderness for $300 or less. Surprisingly that's not the case! What the- -?? GF is only $30 or so more ! I don't understand that! But, anyway, I went ahead & booked GF because the rooms are larger & it is a little easier to get to MK. But then I remembered that it might be possible to book CL at WL, which I might like to do if I cancel one of our ADRs, which I am very likely to do. And then I discovered BWI or maybe YC had rooms even cheaper! I love WL, but, sheesh! How can it be priced more than the EP resorts & almost as much as GF?! I'm off subject again-sorry! I do like to split our stays between the EP & MK resorts, which is why I wouldn't be thrilled with another EP resort since we'll be there the second half. BUT- - I like the fact that it's more affordable. But if I do BWI or YC, I've lost the ease of transportation to MK. So, please talk me through this . keep GF, or change to WL & possibly CL, or go with a less expensive option, but lose the proximity to MK. Never in a million years did I think I'd be choosing resorts based around restaurants!

I agree with GADisneyDad that I'd go with an MK resort rather than splitting between two Epcot resorts. Both WL and GF are great resorts, so I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good luck! :)

It always pays to stalk (the website that it).

:thumbsup2

My phone won’t let me multiquote lol. I’m SO glad you’re finally getting that Poly CL visit in :hug:

Awww thank you :hug:. I am very excited and can't wait to get there! :yay:

Happy to be back! Missed ya! This will be our 4th YC CL stay. It should be a favorite since we’ve always been well taken care of and even upgraded twice. I just am too in love with BC and BWI maybe? That Poly view I need to get my family there next summer!!

That Poly view -- I know!! I'm going to try to get back there for July 4 week. Maybe split the stay with an Epcot resort. I keep saying I want that to be YC CL, but then I end up back at BC. :)

In your shoes, I would keep GF for the exact reasons you listed - ease of transport to your ADRs/MK and also the larger rooms. I also like the split of Epcot resort and MK resort. We used to do it when our kids were young to avoid the buses. Now we still do it even though our kids are older just because we still love the convenience.

As far as room cost, did you by chance book the Visa deal? If so, GF is 35% off (I booked it too for our spring break), and WL is only 10% I believe, so that might explain the cost difference.

Last edited:
I'm really appreciating thoughts on my "dilemma" concerning WL or Gf. Thanks, y'all!
TJA, your explanation of the price makes sense. It's still strange to me that WL & GF are so close in price. And I did use the Visa discount.
As for the BWI deluxe room rate, I was able to book it with the Gift of Magic offer at a rate not much more than the Visa GF rate. I've noticed that the deluxe room offers are not as plentiful as they once were, so I jumped on that the first day I saw the offer. The rate may seem reasonable to me because we're also going over Thanksgiving, which we've never done before, & even the pass holder rates were terribly inflated. More than I've ever paid for a room!

I'm really appreciating thoughts on my "dilemma" concerning WL or Gf. Thanks, y'all!
TJA, your explanation of the price makes sense. It's still strange to me that WL & GF are so close in price. And I did use the Visa discount.
As for the BWI deluxe room rate, I was able to book it with the Gift of Magic offer at a rate not much more than the Visa GF rate. I've noticed that the deluxe room offers are not as plentiful as they once were, so I jumped on that the first day I saw the offer. The rate may seem reasonable to me because we're also going over Thanksgiving, which we've never done before, & even the pass holder rates were terribly inflated. More than I've ever paid for a room!

You will Love it over Thanksgiving!! If you enjoy the holidays and decorations, there's nothing like it!! I'll be in the World too, hope you have a great time!!!

Sorry.....Day after Thanksgiving I should say, and this is one of our favorite times to come down although it seems crowds are picking up the two weeks after Thanksgiving, or at least the last 3 years seems that way.

Us too!!! We absolutely love going during that time! The week after used to be amazing- literally little to no wait. Past couple years, especially when free dining was introduced, that changed a bit!! We are leaving Wednesday before Thanksgiving (latest we ever left to go down), but now that DD is in 5th grade, DH doesn’t want her to miss (almost) 2 weeks of school. Hope you have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter