Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi. I have a question I hope someone here can answer. We are staying at CR tower TPV rooms Dec 4-8 this year. I need one room with 2 queen beds and one with 1 king bed. I have been on touringplans to select rooms and they have all the rooms listed as 2 queens. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell which room numbers have king beds?

Hi. I have a question I hope someone here can answer. We are staying at CR tower TPV rooms Dec 4-8 this year. I need one room with 2 queen beds and one with 1 king bed. I have been on touringplans to select rooms and they have all the rooms listed as 2 queens. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell which room numbers have king beds?

I always look at touring plans as well so hopefully someone has another resource for room/bed set up. On that note, you can request whatever you want but they will give you what they have available when it comes down to it really as 2 people can use 2 queens or 1 king. Especially if you are looking for rooms near each other. We've booked two rooms before and have never even managed to get them closer than 5 or 6 rooms away even with requests. Enjoy your your MK view!!!

I always look at touring plans as well so hopefully someone has another resource for room/bed set up. On that note, you can request whatever you want but they will give you what they have available when it comes down to it really as 2 people can use 2 queens or 1 king. Especially if you are looking for rooms near each other. We've booked two rooms before and have never even managed to get them closer than 5 or 6 rooms away even with requests. Enjoy your your MK view!!!
Thanks! I really don't care how close the rooms are because one room is for my DH and I and the other is for my adult daughter and her friend. My husband and I just need a king bed. He is 6'2" and hangs off anything smaller. We also aren't exactly skinny either. We can deal if we get two queens if the view is good. We just won't be able to sleep together.

Thanks! I really don't care how close the rooms are because one room is for my DH and I and the other is for my adult daughter and her friend. My husband and I just need a king bed. He is 6'2" and hangs off anything smaller. We also aren't exactly skinny either. We can deal if we get two queens if the view is good. We just won't be able to sleep together.

If you really want a king room then I would make that your only request. Whenever my parents stay at CR they make a single request for a king room and have gotten one every time.

TP’s info is innaccurate when it comes to King beds at CR. There are some there, but NOT VERY MANY! I agree with the PP, if it’s very important to you, make it your one and only request.

I’m not aware of another resource that has them labeled accurately, unless it’s on page one of this thread?

Good luck!

TP’s info is innaccurate when it comes to King beds at CR. There are some there, but NOT VERY MANY! I agree with the PP, if it’s very important to you, make it your one and only request.

I’m not aware of another resource that has them labeled accurately, unless it’s on page one of this thread?

Good luck!
Thanks! No there isn't anything on the first page of this thread which is exactly why I asked. The only thing I can find is room numbers. I guess I will just ask for a room with a king bed and hope for the best.

Just booked our first CR stay, just one night, for January - got a room only discount in today's offer release for a TPV club level.

Anyone know if non-club TPV were included in the offer? Or BLT TPV? Club level was cheaper than rack rate non-club, but would love to save a little more if possible!

We just finished a quick 4 night Atrium Club level stay. TBH, this was the resort that least appealed to me, but was the only CL available for our dates with a discount. staying there has changed my mind. The room was very spacious and the location cannot be beat for Magic Kingdom. The staff were all very kind and attentive and the smell in the lobby was wonderful. This has definitely moved to the top of my faves list.

21 days to go till BLT!! Yay!!

I would like to know do they have fresh fruit in the shop at the Contemporary?

I was going to do a garden grocer order but decided to just buy what I need before I go since I am driving. I don’t want to bring things that could go bad out of a cooler.

Was just wondering if they had fruit.

21 days to go till BLT!! Yay!!

I would like to know do they have fresh fruit in the shop at the Contemporary?

I was going to do a garden grocer order but decided to just buy what I need before I go since I am driving. I don’t want to bring things that could go bad out of a cooler.

Was just wondering if they had fruit.
Yes the dvc resorts have a decent food selection. The Fantasia Market should have apples and bananas. ( 4th floor concourse of CR) Also in the coolers they will have season fruit and usually grapes.

Looking forward to our first time staying at the CR in January. Thank you WDWKOOK for posting so much info and so many photos!!!

Just booked our first stay at BLT. So excited since CR was on my bucket list since I was a kid. Now that we have DVC, I guess BLT will have to do.

CR was our first onsite hotel stay at WDW so it's a sentimental favorite. We did return another time and got a tower MK facing room once instead of the Garden Wing. That was special. I recommend you do that still... even if it's a 2 night start to a DVC villa stay.

We are going to BLT for our first time in April. Finally had the ability to plan at the 7 month mark and choose it.

CR was our first onsite hotel stay at WDW so it's a sentimental favorite. We did return another time and got a tower MK facing room once instead of the Garden Wing. That was special. I recommend you do that still... even if it's a 2 night start to a DVC villa stay.

We are going to BLT for our first time in April. Finally had the ability to plan at the 7 month mark and choose it.
We are also going in April. Got the theme park view. I know the lake view is probably prettier views, but my kids wanted to see the fireworks from the room and see the monorail. We are splitting with poly lake view too. I'm so excited for this trip.

Yes. Also, you can request a crib, which I recommend, since it's on wheels so easier to roll in & out of the kitchenette. We had a pack & play right next to the front door, there's a little alcove that fits it perfectly, for my son & then the crib in the kitchenette for my daughter. It worked out great since it gave us privacy & freedom to have the tv on, etc.
Super helpful, thank you so much!

Booked our first BLT stay for April, I am very excited. I have always wanted to stay at the CR or BLT but DH wasn't as interested, as luck would have it we could only get the first few night of our April trip at CCV, so we booked the remaining couple nights at BLT (lake view), win win!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter