Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I hate the no clock thing. I bring one, too. They replaced it for the charger - but there are chargers with clocks. So annoying.

I hate it also. For the money you are paying to stay at the CR (or any WDW Resort) there should be a clock. Just for fun, I think I'll ask at check-in if there a clock can be put in my room. I'll take one from home just in case the answer is "no".

I'd be interested in this information also, especially the bus for AK. It's been about 8 years since I've stayed at the CR. From what I can remember, the buses to AK were a nightmare. Seems like they stopped at another resort, (Poly maybe) and then stopped at Blizzard Beach both going to the park and returning to the CR.

I *believe* they would no longer stop at Blizzard Beach. I think they now make everyone transfer at AK to get to Blizzard Beach. Hopefully they're better now!

For anyone who's been there recently, how are the buses from the CR stop? We're thinking of making this our first carless trip in a while and we'd probably only use the buses to get to AK for rope drop (taking the monorail to EP is an attraction in itself when you have a 4 year old...) Are they jam packed first thing in the morning? Are the waits long? Our backup plan is to Minnie Van to AK. We'd end up coming back in the middle of the afternoon, so any experience with buses from AK to CR at that time? Thanks!

We went to AK yesterday morning at about 8:30. We only waited a few minutes for a bus (maybe 5 min.) and the bus did not stop anywhere else. We left AK at about 8:45. The wait for the bus was longer (15 minutes at least) but we were first in line, so maybe just missed a bus. The bus did stop at Wilderness Lodge before Contemporary.

I'd be interested in this information also, especially the bus for AK. It's been about 8 years since I've stayed at the CR. From what I can remember, the buses to AK were a nightmare. Seems like they stopped at another resort, (Poly maybe) and then stopped at Blizzard Beach both going to the park and returning to the CR.

They're fine, no problem. They stop at WL first and CR second. We had no trouble finding seats either time. Didn't wait very long, but my expectations are pretty low. Any time I don't have to drive, I'm happy.

Hi, I arrive at WDW next weekend and while not staying at CR, I'd planned on two meals at The Wave and one at Contempo Cafe. There is another thread saying swarms of mosquitoes were observed tonight at the CR bus stop and that the wall by The Wave was covered with mosquitoes. Has anyone else observed this recently? I'm a big fan of these restaurants, but wondering if I should skip them on this trip due to the larger than usual amount of mosquitoes there.

Hi, I arrive at WDW next weekend and while not staying at CR, I'd planned on two meals at The Wave and one at Contempo Cafe. There is another thread saying swarms of mosquitoes were observed tonight at the CR bus stop and that the wall by The Wave was covered with mosquitoes. Has anyone else observed this recently? I'm a big fan of these restaurants, but wondering if I should skip them on this trip due to the larger than usual amount of mosquitoes there.

We are here now and the other night, we saw a wall near the pool covered in these small bugs. They resemble mosquitoes, but aren’t. They just seem to be attracted to the lights, but don’t bother people.

We are here now and the other night, we saw a wall near the pool covered in these small bugs. They resemble mosquitoes, but aren’t. They just seem to be attracted to the lights, but don’t bother people.
Thank you so much! I'd been on the verge of cancelling my plans to dine at these restaurants I like so much, over worries about mosquitoes. It's good to know that it's actually a different type of bug that doesn't bite. I appreciate your comment, and I hope you are having a great time over there!

If you ask housekeeping for one they will bring you one.
They were very nice at the front desk and had one placed in my room. The clock has several USB ports.

The resort left me a thank you note & a box of chocolates in the room today, I was surprised.

In case anyone is interested, current pool hours are 10 am to 9 pm for the main pool and 7 am to 12 midnight for the bay pool.

Last edited:
We are staying at the Contemporary this year from November 9-17 and are so excited it is our first time staying on the monorail loop! It will be myself, DH, DS10, DD7 and DS4 (turning 5 on this trip). Could anyone tell me how long it takes if we take the monorail to MK, Epcot or the Poly? There is also a boat that goes to Wilderness lodge correct? Sorry for all the questions I just realized how close our trip is and trying to finalize our plans.:)

We are staying at the Contemporary this year from November 9-17 and are so excited it is our first time staying on the monorail loop! It will be myself, DH, DS10, DD7 and DS4 (turning 5 on this trip). Could anyone tell me how long it takes if we take the monorail to MK, Epcot or the Poly? There is also a boat that goes to Wilderness lodge correct? Sorry for all the questions I just realized how close our trip is and trying to finalize our plans.:)
Walk to the MK instead of taking the monorail. It will take about 20 minutes to get all the way around. To get to Epcot, you need to transfer at the TTC to the Epcot monorail. Plan on at least 30 minutes to get to Epcot. Polynesian is the stop after the TTC, so maybe ten minutes from leaving the Contemporary. There is a boat that goes to the WL from the boat dock.

Walk to the MK instead of taking the monorail. It will take about 20 minutes to get all the way around. To get to Epcot, you need to transfer at the TTC to the Epcot monorail. Plan on at least 30 minutes to get to Epcot. Polynesian is the stop after the TTC, so maybe ten minutes from leaving the Contemporary. There is a boat that goes to the WL from the boat dock.
Thank-you so much!:)

Thank-you so much!:)

This morning, an 8:30am trip took 50-minutes to EC! Between CR security scrutiny, and missing a Monorail connection at TTC, it was a definite pain in the buns.

On the bright side, our 11am return was much smoother, 8mins EC-TTC, then the transfer was easy and we stopped at PV for Dole Whip Floats.

This morning, an 8:30am trip took 50-minutes to EC! Between CR security scrutiny, and missing a Monorail connection at TTC, it was a definite pain in the buns.

On the bright side, our 11am return was much smoother, 8mins EC-TTC, then the transfer was easy and we stopped at PV for Dole Whip Floats.
Well you definitely deserved a Dole Whip Float after all of that.:teeth:

Is a reservation for The Wave really necessary? I have heard lots of good things about the breakfast there and not that many about Chef Mickeys. What does everyone here like better? I am leaning towards The Wave because we have other character meals and it sounds really good.

Is a reservation for The Wave really necessary? I have heard lots of good things about the breakfast there and not that many about Chef Mickeys. What does everyone here like better? I am leaning towards The Wave because we have other character meals and it sounds really good.

You're not going to find anyone raving about the food at Chef Mickey's. It's really about the character experience. If you're more interested in a good meal, I'd go for the Wave.

You're not going to find anyone raving about the food at Chef Mickey's. It's really about the character experience. If you're more interested in a good meal, I'd go for the Wave.
X2

The Wave is an excellent dining option for any meal, in my humble opinion.

Thank you both so much! The Wave was what we were leaning towards and I think we will try it. Is it absolutely necessary to have a reservation or could we just decide last minute when everyone is hungry/?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter