Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are heading back to Bay Lake Tower in August! This time with nine people instead of six. Thankfully we have a two bedroom! We make our dining reservations in a week and a half and still haven’t told the kids!

This will be the largest group I have gone with so I’m not sure how FP planning is going to go but that’s the best problem I could have I suppose!

We are fortunate to have a theme park view at BLT this time too. I assume requesting a higher floor is preferred by most but I’m curious what the lowest floor the hotel could put us on with Theme Park View. Anyone know?

We are getting very excited. We will be checking in to the CR in 10 days for a short 4 night stay. Hoping our kids have a very memorable first Disney experience! If anybody needs updated pics of anything, please let me know.
Let us know if you get to try the mobile order at contempo cafe! That sounds so fun and convenient.

We are heading back to Bay Lake Tower in August! This time with nine people instead of six. Thankfully we have a two bedroom! We make our dining reservations in a week and a half and still haven’t told the kids!

This will be the largest group I have gone with so I’m not sure how FP planning is going to go but that’s the best problem I could have I suppose!

We are fortunate to have a theme park view at BLT this time too. I assume requesting a higher floor is preferred by most but I’m curious what the lowest floor the hotel could put us on with Theme Park View. Anyone know?
You'll be thankful for that third full bathroom just off the entry to the villa. I think seventh floor is the lowest floor. Everything lower is standard view.

Hi Everyone,
Please don't flame me, I am not looking to do anything wrong...

My very good friend is giving me a week at BLT (One bedroom Villa) yay!! She has been sick this past year, and I have picked up her kids, cleaned her house, cooked dinners for them, etc.. She owns several DVC. BLT is a home resort of hers.

Would I be able to view the fireworks from the DVC owner's lounge? If not allowed, no worries. I don't like to break the rules, but I don't know if it is different than a non-member booking directly through Disney. TIA!!!

Hi Everyone,
Please don't flame me, I am not looking to do anything wrong...

My very good friend is giving me a week at BLT (One bedroom Villa) yay!! She has been sick this past year, and I have picked up her kids, cleaned her house, cooked dinners for them, etc.. She owns several DVC. BLT is a home resort of hers.

Would I be able to view the fireworks from the DVC owner's lounge? If not allowed, no worries. I don't like to break the rules, but I don't know if it is different than a non-member booking directly through Disney. TIA!!!
No. It's a member perk. She would have to be there with you.

I love this thread! Thank you so much for all of the information!

Cannot wait for our Honeymoon in October!
Checking in to a tower room with a Magic Kingdom view for 14 nights From October 29th.

Could any body answer a relatively simple question for me? (other than that one)

How long is the bus ride from the Contemporary to Disney Springs? On the day we get there, we have an afternoon lunch reservation and am trying to make sure we will have enough time to use Disney transportation as our little ones will have been in our vehicle for two days and I really do not want to have to drive there.

Thanks again, for any help you all can share.

Could any body answer a relatively simple question for me? (other than that one)

How long is the bus ride from the Contemporary to Disney Springs? On the day we get there, we have an afternoon lunch reservation and am trying to make sure we will have enough time to use Disney transportation as our little ones will have been in our vehicle for two days and I really do not want to have to drive there.

Thanks again, for any help you all can share.

Not counting waiting for a bus to arrive, 12-14 minutes.

Great. I was reading that the restaurant recommended 1.5 hrs if using Disney transportation. Thought that was a little extreme.

Thank you.

The drive is only 15 min or so but buses to Disney Springs (and from) can be a long wait, especially outside of peak dinner time. Plus it does take a while to walk to your restaurant once dropped off. I would budget plenty of time, or take a Minnie Van if you aren't prepared for the possibility of 1.5 hours from when you arrive at the bus stop to your actual arrival at restaurant. Everything at Disney takes so much longer than you would expect it to.

Great. I was reading that the restaurant recommended 1.5 hrs if using Disney transportation. Thought that was a little extreme.

Thank you.
The drive is only 15 min or so but buses to Disney Springs (and from) can be a long wait, especially outside of peak dinner time. Plus it does take a while to walk to your restaurant once dropped off. I would budget plenty of time, or take a Minnie Van if you aren't prepared for the possibility of 1.5 hours from when you arrive at the bus stop to your actual arrival at restaurant. Everything at Disney takes so much longer than you would expect it to.

This.

Also can just take an Uber or Lyft and save a few bucks.

Hello All.

After a couple of year Disney hiatus, I made the call this past weekend to take the family back to WDW and our beloved CR. It’s a bit of a last minute trip - will arrive on April 13th and we’re staying until the 22nd - but we’re all super excited. I spent much of the weekend pulling out the old planning spreadsheet, reading through some DisBoard threads and trying to cobble together some dining reservations WAY into the 180 day window (that’s been tough). It was like riding a bike and it feels tremendous to be back in the game.

This will be an Atrium Club, standard (BLV) room stay - primarily because that’s all that was left in the main tower. While I have done a BLV room many times in the past (back in the day) and do enjoy the view, this will be the first time with the kids that we won’t have the luxury of a TPV room for the fireworks. Question: I know that the Atrium Club has three balconies off the main lounge we can use, but can anyone tell me how tough it will be to get a spot without having to show up super early? Just curious.

I hope you all are doing well and I missed you!

Arrived tonight for a week stay in the garden wing (garden room) and had a welcome plate of chocolates and robes and slippers. Is this new? Been almost a year since we stayed at CR (stayed at akl in July). Tried searching the thread for updates but didn’t see anything about changes. If it is new, anything else we should keep eye out for too?

Arrived tonight for a week stay in the garden wing (garden room) and had a welcome plate of chocolates and robes and slippers. Is this new? Been almost a year since we stayed at CR (stayed at akl in July). Tried searching the thread for updates but didn’t see anything about changes. If it is new, anything else we should keep eye out for too?
We were in tower TPV last June and did not get anything like this! Looking forward to finding out if this is the new norm as we plan to return in November!

Hi everyone! We’re staying at CR 4/12-16! Just upgraded from POR and are extremely excited to be able to walk to MK!

I’ve stayed at the Grand with a girlfriend (loved it) and the Poly with my boyfriend (neither of us were impressed by the room but I loved the resort), who is my main partner in crime for this trip. We’ll be meeting up with friends toward the end of the trip. I’m excited to complete the monorail trifecta!!

We are staying at the Contemporary 3/9-3/16. We have booked a pool cabana on 3/11 from 10am-2pm. I'm a huge rule follower and don't like trying to sneak anything by. But I didn't know how it worked for cabanas? It will be myself, my husband, mother, 2 year old, & 4 month old. We wanted to invite my cousin and her husband over to enjoy the cabana for the day with us since they live in Orlando, but I didn't want to break any rules since they aren't staying at the Contemporary. Does anyone know if this is allowed?

We are staying at the Contemporary 3/9-3/16. We have booked a pool cabana on 3/11 from 10am-2pm. I'm a huge rule follower and don't like trying to sneak anything by. But I didn't know how it worked for cabanas? It will be myself, my husband, mother, 2 year old, & 4 month old. We wanted to invite my cousin and her husband over to enjoy the cabana for the day with us since they live in Orlando, but I didn't want to break any rules since they aren't staying at the Contemporary. Does anyone know if this is allowed?

In general no, sorry. Pools are for registered guests only. But the lifeguards do have the ability to allow it if the pool is not crowded. Post #1 of the below thread gives some more details.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-pools-at-other-resorts-faq-and-questions-new.3435293/

What's a reasonable amount of time to budget to get from CR to the WL? We have an 8 pm reservation at WCC the second night of our trip and would prefer to take the boat, only because it seems like a fun mode of transportation. We're huge Uber fans and more than willing to use it if it'll save a huge amount of time, but my SO has never taken a Disney boat ride before and I think he may enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter