Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We've stayed in these rooms a couple times and really enjoyed them. We like outdoor space so I have requested ground floor/patio as well as "close to tower" so we wouldnt have too far to walk. I don't think upgrades to the tower are all that common, so I would not waste your request with something that is so unlikely to happen! You'll be happy with garden wing, though, its much quieter and more relaxing that the main building, which can feel hectic.

I'm excited!! We needed to switch somewhere after five nights at the grand floridian and I didn't want to spend too much but wasn't really interested in going to a moderate resort. Copper Creek was our other option but it was more expensive and the room size seemed a little tight. I've never stayed at the CR and it has been on my bucket list for a while!

We needed to switch somewhere after five nights at the grand floridian and I didn't want to spend too much but wasn't really interested in going to a moderate resort.

Good call, going from GF to a moderate isn't a great way to end your vacation. I like Contemporary Garden wing Just as much as outer buildings at GF. The rooms are huge and modern, and it is SO NICE to walk to MK. Put Copper Creek on your list to try, though, it's so relaxing there, but the studios are kind of small.

I have never stayed at the Contemporary before but we're booked in a standard view garden wing room in November. We actually chose the standard view because my son is obsessed with the monorail and he'd much rather see that and a parking lot than the castle/water/garden (kids!). Do you recommend top floor or bottom? Are there rooms we should avoid or specifically request?

I have never stayed at the Contemporary before but we're booked in a standard view garden wing room in November. We actually chose the standard view because my son is obsessed with the monorail and he'd much rather see that and a parking lot than the castle/water/garden (kids!). Do you recommend top floor or bottom? Are there rooms we should avoid or specifically request?

Call and ask for monorail view! I liked the ground floor right out in front of the tracks, you can sit and watch it go by. The monorail view is parking lot view, but it's fine. The monorail is up very high in front of the garden wing.

We will be staying in BLT for the first time in 83 days (not that I'm counting!!) :love:. We've rented a 2 bedroom Villa with my parents (lake view). What's a good room to request? I've heard sometimes you can see the fireworks at MK and EP from the lake view rooms.

We will be staying in BLT for the first time in 83 days (not that I'm counting!!) :love:. We've rented a 2 bedroom Villa with my parents (lake view). What's a good room to request? I've heard sometimes you can see the fireworks at MK and EP from the lake view rooms.

I have had luck with this request: (1) even numbered room & (2) room on the north end of the building.

I also add a request to be on a floor near the walkway (floors 5, 6, or 7) so that we do not have to rely on the elevators, because the waits can get pretty bad sometimes.

We are staying on points at BLT studio later this week. If needed, can we request more paper plates?
Sure, you can request more paper plates, more paper towels, more toilet paper at no additional cost. You will have to pay for extra towels, more shampoo/conditioner/etc., more coffee.

Has anyone stayed in a Garden Wing - King room? When we called to change a bounce back offer, they told us it's not the Garden Wing - Deluxe Room that has a king, it's a regular Garden Wing room but has a king bed. They can't tell us if it's a standard view or garden view. Just curious if anyone has experience booking in the Garden Wing - King room category and where the room was located within the Garden wing rooms. I don't even see it on Disney's site when I look at options, so I was confused when they offered it to me. Thanks for any insight.

Has anyone stayed in a Garden Wing - King room? When we called to change a bounce back offer, they told us it's not the Garden Wing - Deluxe Room that has a king, it's a regular Garden Wing room but has a king bed. They can't tell us if it's a standard view or garden view. Just curious if anyone has experience booking in the Garden Wing - King room category and where the room was located within the Garden wing rooms. I don't even see it on Disney's site when I look at options, so I was confused when they offered it to me. Thanks for any insight.

It sounds like they misinformed you. According the website the categories Garden Wing Standard View and Garden Wing Garden View provide some rooms with a king bed. It is not a bookable category, it is by request only. The majority of those rooms have two queen bed.

The Garden Wing Deluxe rooms have a king bed! If this room is available: Go for it! I think there are only three of them in the whole wing.

Has anyone stayed in a Garden Wing - King room? When we called to change a bounce back offer, they told us it's not the Garden Wing - Deluxe Room that has a king, it's a regular Garden Wing room but has a king bed.

I have stayed in a standard Garden View room with a king bed. It was on the first floor, a couple of doors down from the hospitality suite facing the parking lot. I did not ask for a king, my room requests were "near tower" and "patio." It was just my son and I, so I suspect that is why we got the king. It was really nice, so much floor space.

So we're excited to be staying at the Contemporary over an extended Memorial Day weekend as a "end-of-school" trip for our kids, 4 and 7.

This will be our first time staying at the Contemporary <we're usually at the Beach Club> - we've booked a Garden Wing - Garden View room and are thrilled about the prospect of the walk to/from <we love BC for the walkability to Epcot and HS> the Magic Kingdom during our five-night stay. This will be the first time we've ever stayed on the monorail loop. I've read thru the thread as best as I can but any further tips/hints/suggestions for a first-time stay at the Contemporary would be appreciated.

We stayed in the Garden Wing Deluxe room last August and I can tell you without a doubt that there is a king bed in that room. Its a king bed and there is a pull out couch. There was so much room that my daughter also used a blow up mattress.That room is my absolute favorite I have ever stayed in on Disney property.

So we're excited to be staying at the Contemporary over an extended Memorial Day weekend as a "end-of-school" trip for our kids, 4 and 7.

This will be our first time staying at the Contemporary <we're usually at the Beach Club> - we've booked a Garden Wing - Garden View room and are thrilled about the prospect of the walk to/from <we love BC for the walkability to Epcot and HS> the Magic Kingdom during our five-night stay. This will be the first time we've ever stayed on the monorail loop. I've read thru the thread as best as I can but any further tips/hints/suggestions for a first-time stay at the Contemporary would be appreciated.

We stayed at the CR last summer and absolutely loved it! My kids were the age of your kids at the time. This summer we are doing a split stay between BC and CR. The walk to and from MK is priceless, as is being the first stop on the monorail when you leave MK. The rooms are bigger and we had some of our favorite dining here at The Wave and even Contempo Cafe. Also, I believe you can watch the fireworks somewhere on the 4th floor. Finally, I know a lot of people begrudge the pool here, but my kids, knowing no different, absolutely loved it. They went down that slide so many times, it was never crowded, it was small enough where I could see them at all times, and they have a little splash area that they adored. I hope you have a wonderful time!

We stayed at the CR last summer and absolutely loved it! My kids were the age of your kids at the time. This summer we are doing a split stay between BC and CR. The walk to and from MK is priceless, as is being the first stop on the monorail when you leave MK. The rooms are bigger and we had some of our favorite dining here at The Wave and even Contempo Cafe. Also, I believe you can watch the fireworks somewhere on the 4th floor. Finally, I know a lot of people begrudge the pool here, but my kids, knowing no different, absolutely loved it. They went down that slide so many times, it was never crowded, it was small enough where I could see them at all times, and they have a little splash area that they adored. I hope you have a wonderful time!
This is great. Thanks so much! We are really looking forward to trying something new...

Since we're not used to staying on the Monorail loop I'm wondering if there are any other must "hits" you'd have in mind for dining since our kids were the same age - aside from trying The Wave and/or Contempo Cafe? Since we typically stay at Beach Club - we just hope over to Epcot in the back entrance all the time to find something to eat - or we'd end up at the Crew's Cup Lounge (before they renovating YC) for late dinner drinks/snacks. So we're not used to be around the MK area for dining...

With the new summer deal, we decided to bite the bullet and booked a Garden Wing Room with a Garden View instead of staying at WL. We have stayed twice at the lodge and love it, but decided to try out a monorail hotel. Wish we could stay in the main building for the experience but seems like the Garden Wing isn't so bad. We asked our travel agent to put a request in to be closest to the main building. Guess we will find out this July!

This is great. Thanks so much! We are really looking forward to trying something new...

Since we're not used to staying on the Monorail loop I'm wondering if there are any other must "hits" you'd have in mind for dining since our kids were the same age - aside from trying The Wave and/or Contempo Cafe? Since we typically stay at Beach Club - we just hope over to Epcot in the back entrance all the time to find something to eat - or we'd end up at the Crew's Cup Lounge (before they renovating YC) for late dinner drinks/snacks. So we're not used to be around the MK area for dining...

You are close to a lot of fun resort restaurants, being on the monorail loop. You are two stops away from the Poly, which has Kona Cafe (where I have never had anything bad) and Capt Cooks for some quick eats. I left out O'hana since I figured you already knew about this. We did not eat at GF, so maybe someone else can pipe in about this. I do suggest, however, that you take the boat over to wilderness lodge for eats at Roaring Fork, Whispering Canyon, or over to Ft Wilderness for Trail's End. WL has some great, kid friendly restaurants with good food. The boat is also a plus! You are steps away from the entrance of MK if you want to dine there, but I find the food and atmosphere better in those resorts. I hope you have a great time!

I just wanted to let you know that Tim Tracker just did a resort walk through of the Contemporary on YouTube and it has me so excited to return this summer! You should take a look to get a nice preview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter