Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I just wanted to let you know that Tim Tracker just did a resort walk through of the Contemporary on YouTube and it has me so excited to return this summer! You should take a look to get a nice preview.

Thanks for letting us know. I am going to go watch it now. This is my first stay at CR and very excited. (in fact I searched his you tube channel last week for this exact video - looks like I was just a little early)

Just booked my first stay at CR for Wine and Dine race weekend! I had thought I was going to be booking a value, but now we've decided to upgrade! Any tips on room requests for a tower bay lake view room? Thanks!
My favorite! TBH, I think the view is pretty much the same regardless of room on that side of the tower. The one thing to consider is noise coming from the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse. I've personally never been bothered by it, because we are typically out of our room before it really ramps up. However, if you plan on sleeping in, you might want to request a room on the south side of the tower, which would be farther away from Chef Mickey's, which can get a little loud during breakfast. I always request a higher floor regardless of where we are staying, so this would be another way to limit the noise. Enjoy!!!

I'm hoping some CR veterans can help me out with a reasonably large decision. Our current reservation is a 4-day, 3-night trip (Tuesday-Friday) at the CR, with a Theme Park View, and Park Hopper tickets. The more I've mulled over it, I wonder if DD and I would be better suited to transfer our reservation out of the TPV room and into a Garden Wing, and extend our reservation out by a full day. The proximity to Magic Kingdom is a massive draw for us to stay at CR and I don't want to lose that. But my gut feeling is that one more day would allow us a lot more flexibility in our planning (three of our four nights are MNSSHP dates at MK), more time to just relax, and/or take midday breaks and explore. Shifting to a Garden Room would allow us that, with the extra day and at essentially the same cost we're at now (barring some extra for meals).

Those that have been, what are the pros and cons of moving? Am I really missing out on not having the TPV and shifting to the Garden Wing? I just want to give DD the best and most enjoyable experience we can. It feels like an extra day would allow us that.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some sage advice. It is sincerely appreciated!::MickeyMo

Last edited:
However, if you plan on sleeping in, you might want to request a room on the south side of the tower, which would be farther away from Chef Mickey's, which can get a little loud during breakfast.

It's actually the north end of the tower that overlooks the shops. The south end would be over Chef Mickey's, Contempo Cafe, and the Outer Rim.

I'm hoping some CR veterans can help me out with a reasonably large decision. Our current reservation is a 4-day, 3-night trip (Tuesday-Friday) at the CR, with a Theme Park View, and Park Hopper tickets. The more I've mulled over it, I wonder if DD and I would be better suited to transfer our reservation out of the TPV room and into a Garden Wing, and extend our reservation out by a full day. The proximity to Magic Kingdom is a massive draw for us to stay at CR and I don't want to lose that. But my gut feeling is that one more day would allow us a lot more flexibility in our planning (three of our four nights are MNSSHP dates at MK), more time to just relax, and/or take midday breaks and explore. Shifting to a Garden Room would allow us that, with the extra day and at essentially the same cost we're at now (barring some extra for meals).

Those that have been, what are the pros and cons of moving? Am I really missing out on not having the TPV and shifting to the Garden Wing? I just want to give DD the best and most enjoyable experience we can. It feels like an extra day would allow us that.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some sage advice. It is sincerely appreciated!

I would definitely move to the garden wing and stay another night! I think the view room is only worth it if watching the fireworks from your room is an important part of your plans. Having one more day so you can spread out your plans and take it easy a little bit will make everything more fun.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some sage advice. It is sincerely appreciated!

We're staying at CR for the first time in September. That being said, if I had a choice to move within the resort and stay an extra day, I'd take the extra day!

As someone who has stayed in both the tower (though admittedly not TPV) and the garden wing, I'd choose to move to the garden wing and extend your reservation to get an extra day. The garden wing is still very nice, it's peaceful and quiet, and it's still very close to the tower and MK. It doesn't feel removed or much farther from the tower at all.

Thank you all for your quick replies, it's greatly appreciated. I genuinely don't think at age 10 she's too concerned where we'll stay. But I'd like still like to be able to provide a roomy spot for us to relax (or sleep in, most likely the morning after our MNSSHP), or take a midday break, and still be close to the monorail and MK. As long as we're not losing any real amenities from transferring out of the tower, I'd say moving will be in our plans! Thank you all, again, so very much!::MickeyMo

Thank you all for your quick replies, it's greatly appreciated. I genuinely don't think at age 10 she's too concerned where we'll stay. But I'd like still like to be able to provide a roomy spot for us to relax (or sleep in, most likely the morning after our MNSSHP), or take a midday break, and still be close to the monorail and MK. As long as we're not losing any real amenities from transferring out of the tower, I'd say moving will be in our plans! Thank you all, again, so very much!::MickeyMo
Your room will be exactly the same on the inside. Stay the extra day!

Can anyone speak to how the pullout beds are in the BLT villas? If we decide to stay there, there would be 2 adults sleeping on it for a week. Thanks.

Can anyone speak to how the pullout beds are in the BLT villas? If we decide to stay there, there would be 2 adults sleeping on it for a week. Thanks.
We were in a one bedroom in January with 5 adults. We all felt the pullouts were fine. I was on the pullout chair and it was comfortable.

Just watched the Tim Tracker video on YouTube and he was describing all the watercraft activities. We have rented the little Sea Raycers from WL before so knew that was an option but I didn't know you could rent Jet Ski's. Has anyone done that or anything else they offer on the water?

Just watched the Tim Tracker video on YouTube and he was describing all the watercraft activities. We have rented the little Sea Raycers from WL before so knew that was an option but I didn't know you could rent Jet Ski's. Has anyone done that or anything else they offer on the water?

We've rented the waverunners, a pontoon and gone parasailing. All were fantastic .

Like @rteetz i have tried em too. Dd and I have shared the soda sleeper a few times. It feels hard but I sleep great so ?

It's all good . No metal bar feeling underneath !

It's actually the north end of the tower that overlooks the shops. The south end would be over Chef Mickey's, Contempo Cafe, and the Outer Rim.
Ack! You're right. I got myself completely turned around thinking about where things are there in respect to MK. But of course, the skyway bridge from BLT is on the north, and obviously you don't walk through Chef Mickey's to get to/from there. Thanks for clearing that up!

Your room will be exactly the same on the inside. Stay the extra day!

Thank you! We were able to swap things around and reserve a Garden Wing room for Oct. 23-Oct. 27. Opportunely, we would have liked to have our reservation from Oct. 22-26, to allow two nights available at MK without a MNSSHP (there are parties scheduled Oct. 23, 25, 26, 27, we have tickets for Oct. 25), but now we have another full day in our schedule to enjoy at the parks and resort, at essentially the same cost and proximity to MK.

Thank you so much to everyone for your insight and advice! It's greatly appreciated.::MickeyMo

So maybe a silly thing, but aren’t there alligators in the water? Jet skis seem a bit risky, yes?

I would assume there are alligators? I guess it just didn't hit me that they could be lurking around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter