Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone use the DDP at Contempo Cafe? We'll have a lunch and one or two breakfasts here and are curious about the alcoholic beverage options! 6 days!!!!!

So maybe a silly thing, but aren’t there alligators in the water? Jet skis seem a bit risky, yes?

Not really. They are afraid of the noise the wave runners make, they will be staying as far away from them as possible.

Anyone use the DDP at Contempo Cafe? We'll have a lunch and one or two breakfasts here and are curious about the alcoholic beverage options! 6 days!!!!!
There were several varieties of wine in single serving bottles and also beer, either in a can or plastic bottle. I think that was it.

Last edited:

Looking to maybe stay at the CR in the Garden Wing as a change from our usual WL. Im not sure if I am seeing this correctly in the images but is the ground floor the only rooms with a patio/balcony ? The 2 upper floors dont appear to have any outdoor space ? Do I have that correct and if so can you guarantee a patio room ? Would not be keen on paying for any deluxe hotel room unless it had a balcony or patio

Thanks for your help

Looking to maybe stay at the CR in the Garden Wing as a change from our usual WL. Im not sure if I am seeing this correctly in the images but is the ground floor the only rooms with a patio/balcony ? The 2 upper floors dont appear to have any outdoor space ? Do I have that correct?

Yes, you are correct.

And if so can you guarantee a patio room?

Nope.

Hi Everyone! We officially made the switch from Polynesian to CR and I am thrilled about it!

I have a quick question: We have a PPO at GG one morning. Do buses still run from CR to Epcot that early, or do we need to Minnie Van?

Hi Everyone! We officially made the switch from Polynesian to CR and I am thrilled about it!

I have a quick question: We have a PPO at GG one morning. Do buses still run from CR to Epcot that early, or do we need to Minnie Van?

In my experience, that morning PPO bus that serves the monorail resorts is sort of like a unicorn. Or bigfoot. People say it exists, but I've never seen it! :-)

I'm also not sure of the relationship between monorail hours and the alleged early morning bus. Since a lot of times the resorts monorail opens at 7 and Epcot 7:30 (although that can change) - just when does the bus stop?

Honestly, I'd Minnie Van or similar if you have the option. Timing uncertainty stinks that early in the AM.

In my experience, that morning PPO bus that serves the monorail resorts is sort of like a unicorn. Or bigfoot. People say it exists, but I've never seen it! :-)

I'm also not sure of the relationship between monorail hours and the alleged early morning bus. Since a lot of times the resorts monorail opens at 7 and Epcot 7:30 (although that can change) - just when does the bus stop?

Honestly, I'd Minnie Van or similar if you have the option. Timing uncertainty stinks that early in the AM.

Thanks! As always you are most helpful! We liked the Minnie Van service very much, so we'll plan to use it.

Looking to maybe stay at the CR in the Garden Wing as a change from our usual WL. Im not sure if I am seeing this correctly in the images but is the ground floor the only rooms with a patio/balcony ? The 2 upper floors dont appear to have any outdoor space ? Do I have that correct and if so can you guarantee a patio room ? Would not be keen on paying for any deluxe hotel room unless it had a balcony or patio

Thanks for your help
The upper floors have Juliet balconies - no place to stand, but you can open the slider to get air and see out (or snakes if I remember correctly).

Yes but only on a buoyed off private riding area approximately the size of 3 football fields, and is strictly for PWC use. The other option is to take a guide tour to Discovery Island, Magic Kingdom park and more. From frisky river otters to elusive Bald Eagles, keep your eyes peeled for a host of natural Florida wonders on this one-hour adventure.

Here are some limitations:
  • All PWC drivers must be 16 years of age and up, and will need a form of photo ID present at time of check-in
  • While up to 3 passengers may ride a single PWC at once, combined weight must not exceed 400 pounds
  • Minors under 18 years of age must have an adult present to sign waivers prior to departure
  • Any age can ride with an adult
  • PWCs are governed to 35 mph
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/personal-watercraft/

Dave

Yes but only on a buoyed off private riding area approximately the size of 3 football fields, and is strictly for PWC use. The other option is to take a guide tour to Discovery Island, Magic Kingdom park and more. From frisky river otters to elusive Bald Eagles, keep your eyes peeled for a host of natural Florida wonders on this one-hour adventure.

Here are some limitations:
  • All PWC drivers must be 16 years of age and up, and will need a form of photo ID present at time of check-in
  • While up to 3 passengers may ride a single PWC at once, combined weight must not exceed 400 pounds
  • Minors under 18 years of age must have an adult present to sign waivers prior to departure
  • Any age can ride with an adult
  • PWCs are governed to 35 mph
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/personal-watercraft/

Dave

Cool!

We were already thinking of renting a Boston Whaler Montauk, but jet skis are WAY more fun. Our kids would love it.

We are staying at BLT, and we have dinner reservations for Whispering Canyon. Is there a boat that goes to WL? I know (or it used to be the case) that the boat from WL stops at the Contemporary..I just wasn't sure about going over. Also, how far in advance should we leave our room to get over to the restaurant in time for our reservation?

We are staying at BLT, and we have dinner reservations for Whispering Canyon. Is there a boat that goes to WL? I know (or it used to be the case) that the boat from WL stops at the Contemporary..I just wasn't sure about going over. Also, how far in advance should we leave our room to get over to the restaurant in time for our reservation?

Yes. Leave 30-45 min before your reservation.

You’ll want the blue flag boat.

I have a question about Hallowishes viewing. We won't be going to MNSSHP, but would like to view the fireworks. Where is the best spot at CR to see them? It would be on Labor Day. Not interested in booking Cali Grill.

I have a question about Hallowishes viewing. We won't be going to MNSSHP, but would like to view the fireworks. Where is the best spot at CR to see them? It would be on Labor Day. Not interested in booking Cali Grill.

There’s an observation deck on the 4th floor of CR. It’s pretty good for viewing the fireworks at MK.

Is there full poolside bar service? Like, do waiters come around and take drink orders?

"Full poolside bar service" is not something Disney does particularly well. Sometimes at CR I've seen an attendant walking around, oftentimes I have not. If they are there, it's usually just one person walking around, so it's not exactly fast.

But, the pool bar/grill is pretty much right by the pool and not often that crowded, so it's not the end of the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!