Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I was just in the Garden Wing a few weeks ago. Loved it. It is about a 5 minute walk (minimum) and you could be pretty far back into the Garden Wing. There are some rooms that are right at the entrance to the covered walkway. We were all the way down that hall and then had to turn left and go down that hallway so it was kind of lengthy but certainly fine. It did afford us a great lagoon view back there and the Garden Wing is a super quiet resort! At least 2 times a day I walked to the 4th floor to hit the Contempo Café so that entailed walking down the longer hall, outside under the covered walkway, into the tower, use of either the elevator or the two escalators, to get into the café. I got my exercise!

Thanks! The quiet appeals after long days in the park. I'll request a room near the tower if we go this route to minimize the walking (aka dragging the kids around).

Thanks! The quiet appeals after long days in the park. I'll request a room near the tower if we go this route to minimize the walking (aka dragging the kids around).

You should also request 1st floor for the Garden Wing. It's one less elevator or set of stairs to use and it will get you a patio. I was booking two rooms and my elderly father as using an ECV. I didn't want to have to deal with an elevator with that (Garden Wing elevators are sort of small) so I requested first floor for at least my parent's room. They gave us two adjoining rooms on the first floor so it worked out great.

Just left 3 nights at garden wing, first floor, monorail view (aka standard view aka parking lot view). Loved it - quiet, not a lot of foot traffic. But the ceiling did shake every time a child (I’m guessing) jumped around above us. It was only a few minutes at a time, but loud (brought a white noise machine - didn’t drown it out). That was only downside to first floor imo. (And it’s always luck of the draw, who your neighbors are, at any hotel.) At Poly first floor now, and don’t hear any noise from above. HTH.

Just left 3 nights at garden wing, first floor, monorail view (aka standard view aka parking lot view). Loved it - quiet, not a lot of foot traffic. But the ceiling did shake every time a child (I’m guessing) jumped around above us. It was only a few minutes at a time, but loud (brought a white noise machine - didn’t drown it out). That was only downside to first floor imo. (And it’s always luck of the draw, who your neighbors are, at any hotel.) At Poly first floor now, and don’t hear any noise from above. HTH.
That's strange that the ceiling shook when someone jumped in the room above since each of the units are a self contained unit. Not built like the other resorts. The rooms were built offsite and stacked together to make the resort.

Sorry for the multiple questions about room requests! Is putting in two requests possible (or even recommended- I don't want to seem greedy!). For example, in a Garden Standard view room, requesting both ground floor AND near transportation? Or for a Garden View, requesting both ground floor AND view of the lake? Would putting in such specific requests reduce the already-slim-chance of an upgrade?

Sorry for the multiple questions about room requests! Is putting in two requests possible (or even recommended- I don't want to seem greedy!). For example, in a Garden Standard view room, requesting both ground floor AND near transportation? Or for a Garden View, requesting both ground floor AND view of the lake?

2 requests are perfect. Once you get more than 2, it's really hard for them to be granted.

Would putting in such specific requests reduce the already-slim-chance of an upgrade?

Making requests has zero affect on getting an upgrade. They are done solely to help the resort like if they had to take some standard view rooms out of service for an issue and there were no more standard views available.

2 requests are perfect. Once you get more than 2, it's really hard for them to be granted.

Making requests has zero affect on getting an upgrade. They are done solely to help the resort like if they had to take some standard view rooms out of service for an issue and there were no more standard views available.

Thank you so much! You all are so incredibly helpful.

Are the lake views (I like the idea of seeing the water pageant from the room/patio) naturally the ones farthest from the main tower? Wondering if I have to decide between a view and a walk :)

Thank you so much! You all are so incredibly helpful.

Are the lake views (I like the idea of seeing the water pageant from the room/patio) naturally the ones farthest from the main tower? Wondering if I have to decide between a view and a walk :)

I had a lagoon view and I was sort of in the middle of it. The lake views would be the farthest from the tower.

The only thing I don’t like about Garden Wing is the walk to Contempo for coffee in the morning. I wish they had a small kiosk of goods with a drink station somewhere in the Garden Wing. But that’s me just being whiny. Overall, I love the GW!!
The walk from the Contempo Café to the Garden Wing is shorter than the walk from any of the buildings at GFV to Gasparilla island Grill.

We have 5 days, 2 rooms booked at POFQ for the week after Christmas. I also have the last 2 days booked at BLT, a one bedroom lake view to do a possible split stay. It will be an additional 1K for the two nights at BLT. I've never stayed at either resort but would love BLT on NYE to view the fireworks without being in the Parks. We will be at MK on the 30th and I know they have the same fireworks that night and we are planning to stay late for their extra hours they offer after the park closes. The 31st we'll be at AK to try and avoid some of the crowds. Is it worth that much extra money you think to stay at BLT? I know it's going to be insanely busy while we are there, and keep going back and forth on what to do. Thanks. :)

We have just booked 5 nights at the contemporary from Christmas Eve. We booked a theme park view. I planned to ask for a high floor other than that are all views for theme park rooms good?

Also do all rooms have a day bed?

We’ve never stayed at the contemporary before but I’ve always wanted to so feeling very excited.

Thanks for any help.

We have 5 days, 2 rooms booked at POFQ for the week after Christmas. I also have the last 2 days booked at BLT, a one bedroom lake view to do a possible split stay. It will be an additional 1K for the two nights at BLT. I've never stayed at either resort but would love BLT on NYE to view the fireworks without being in the Parks. We will be at MK on the 30th and I know they have the same fireworks that night and we are planning to stay late for their extra hours they offer after the park closes. The 31st we'll be at AK to try and avoid some of the crowds. Is it worth that much extra money you think to stay at BLT? I know it's going to be insanely busy while we are there, and keep going back and forth on what to do. Thanks. :)

We own an BLT and love it as it is a short walk to MK and it’s is soooo nice to sit on the balcony to watch fireworks and not have to fight the crowds out of the park. If you definitely stay at BLT in the lake view, we usually request north tower, even number, high floor to get what we call a partial lake view (to the right as you stand on the balcony) and the castle to the left . Also staying at BLT will give you a chance to do some laundry in the small washer and dryer in the 1bd. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Does Magical Express make a stop at BLT & Contemporary or just the Contemporary?

Thanks!

Good evening, everyone! We're slated to stay at the CR from October 22-26! Just randomly checking things out on the website shows NO availability whatsoever for any room in the CR during that time period.

Is there a possibly a conference booked at the resort during that week, or something else blocking people from booking rooms at this time?::MickeyMo

Good evening, everyone! We're slated to stay at the CR from October 22-26! Just randomly checking things out on the website shows NO availability whatsoever for any room in the CR during that time period.

Is there a possibly a conference booked at the resort during that week, or something else blocking people from booking rooms at this time?::MickeyMo

There could be a conference. But my guess would be that they are just sold out due to the popularity of October at WDW now. With the proximity to MK and the Halloween parties, CR is extremely popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter