Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Contemporary Transportation Questions -
1) Contemporary to Disney Springs - once the bus arrives, aprox. how long does it take to get from Contemporary to Disney Springs?
2) I have PPO breakfast at EPCOT at 8:00 (park currently scheduled to open at 9:00), what transportation options do I have available? Are the buses and/or monorail running that early?

TIA!

Hi there, :welcome: to the DIS!

Can't answer the first question, but for the second question... under normal circumstances the only Disney transportation option from CR to Epcot is monorail. Check the Times Guide for monorail hours, but it'll usually be running early enough for an Epcot PPO ADR. The Epcot line often starts at 7:30am - so you kind of need to be at the TTC getting on the first train to Epcot. Build in time to catch the Resort line to the TTC and transfer.

But honestly... for PPO ADRs at Epcot from the MK resorts... I cab/Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van. If any of these are an option for you, I strongly recommend for stress relief and efficiency and the cost is usually reasonable (except Minnie Van which is material higher).

Here's a link to the current Times Guide just for reference (and a handy site to bookmark): http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Hi there, :welcome: to the DIS!

Can't answer the first question, but for the second question... under normal circumstances the only Disney transportation option from CR to Epcot is monorail. Check the Times Guide for monorail hours, but it'll usually be running early enough for an Epcot PPO ADR. The Epcot line often starts at 7:30am - so you kind of need to be at the TTC getting on the first train to Epcot. Build in time to catch the Resort line to the TTC and transfer.

But honestly... for PPO ADRs at Epcot from the MK resorts... I cab/Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van. If any of these are an option for you, I strongly recommend for stress relief and efficiency and the cost is usually reasonable (except Minnie Van which is material higher).

Here's a link to the current Times Guide just for reference (and a handy site to bookmark): http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

The walk from the Contempo Café to the Garden Wing is shorter than the walk from any of the buildings at GFV to Gasparilla island Grill.

We are staying at GF right now, usually stay CR garden wing, and my husband was just saying the same thing. Although we are staying at Sugar Loaf so the walk to gasparulls isn’t bad. But everything else is.

So trying to check in at BLT today and it’s going rough. Apparently due to the hurricane guests that were supposed to check out now aren’t leaving, so no rooms. Bummer (but if I was them I wouldn’t want to go home yet). BUT is there really that many people from the affected area to cause no rooms. Or is disney a common flocking ground in this type of situation?

So trying to check in at BLT today and it’s going rough. Apparently due to the hurricane guests that were supposed to check out now aren’t leaving, so no rooms. Bummer (but if I was them I wouldn’t want to go home yet). BUT is there really that many people from the affected area to cause no rooms.

Disney resorts run at a very high occupancy rate every day, so it's very easy for the resort to have issues during times like these. All it takes is a couple doze families from affected areas to cause issues.

Or is disney a common flocking ground in this type of situation?

This too. No place I'd rather be if displaced from my home.

So trying to check in at BLT today and it’s going rough. Apparently due to the hurricane guests that were supposed to check out now aren’t leaving, so no rooms. Bummer (but if I was them I wouldn’t want to go home yet). BUT is there really that many people from the affected area to cause no rooms. Or is disney a common flocking ground in this type of situation?

Interested to know how they accommodated you?

Interested to know how they accommodated you?

The first night we took a different room category, then we were moved today to our original room category (and a really good room in that category, 12th floor north side lake view). The front desk girl was very nice and did a lot of different things to try and accommodate us. Very kind! Oh and a $100 resort credit!

The first night we took a different room category, then we were moved today to our original room category (and a really good room in that category, 12th floor north side lake view). The front desk girl was very nice and did a lot of different things to try and accommodate us. Very kind! Oh and a $100 resort credit!

As a fellow BLT owner I am interested in if the CM’s told you what the Disney plans are for when this situation happens (I am surprised that they didn’t place the people who were suppose to check out in another room and made your family take a room that was less than what you reserved)

So just a quick post for anyone wondering if TP room requests work. We went to the front desk to check in and the CM say she had my room request and would it be ok if she gave us the room next door. I said sure! I couldn’t believe it. This is why I always stop by the desk.

We do have to wait a bit for it to be ready, but it’s worth it to us.
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does "TP room request" mean? I checked the thread with MK abbreviations but didn't see any "TP". TIA

When staying in BLT in a standard studio, I know there are rooms considered standard but still have a view of the fireworks. Does anyone know where these rooms are located?

When staying in BLT in a standard studio, I know there are rooms considered standard but still have a view of the fireworks. Does anyone know where these rooms are located?

You would want an even number room, north end, highest floor possible. I have had good luck with this request with lake view rooms but last May I was given a 2nd floor room which I thought should have been a standard view. They did move me the next day. Good luck!

Standard villas are usually floors 1-5.

I guess if you had to take a lower category than what you booked they should compensate you with a credit.

I guess if you had to take a lower category than what you booked they should compensate you with a credit.

They didn't credit me in May-they just kept saying the 2nd floor room was lake view but they did move me the next day and did NOT charge me a cleaning fee.

It would be nice if there was a definitive list of rooms by view.

I know chances are probably pretty slim of getting answer to this question but I thought I would try anyway. Has anyone been to Contempo Cafe recently and noticed if they still sell the peanut butter pie? I was hoping to get that again this year but I'm not seeing it on the AllEars menu. I certainly don't mind going by and checking on my own but if it's for sure not there I probably wouldn't make a special detour.

I know chances are probably pretty slim of getting answer to this question but I thought I would try anyway. Has anyone been to Contempo Cafe recently and noticed if they still sell the peanut butter pie? I was hoping to get that again this year but I'm not seeing it on the AllEars menu. I certainly don't mind going by and checking on my own but if it's for sure not there I probably wouldn't make a special detour.

DH had it last week! It's round and delicious. ;) PB Pie, Contempo Cafe.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter