Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I think standard view atrium club level is the perfect room at the CR- a real gem! I love the view from that side, and you can take the super short walk to the lounge to see the MK and fireworks. The best of both world, and as a bonus it’s less expensive. Since half of the CL floor has that view from their room I’ve never found the lounge crazy busy or had trouble watching the fireworks from one of the lounge balconies. I think I prefer that to paying for the MK view, then you can never see the beautiful bay lake view.

Shhhhh.... why are you giving away CR secrets!?! :ssst:

Just kidding... totally agree with all of this!

I think standard view atrium club level is the perfect room at the CR- a real gem! I love the view from that side, and you can take the super short walk to the lounge to see the MK and fireworks. The best of both world, and as a bonus it’s less expensive. Since half of the CL floor has that view from their room I’ve never found the lounge crazy busy or had trouble watching the fireworks from one of the lounge balconies. I think I prefer that to paying for the MK view, then you can never see the beautiful bay lake view. However, I also think any dining plan plus CL, let alone the deluxe plan, would be a waste. Not that it couldn’t be done, but it would be a big luxury and there would be no “getting your moneys worth” from either club level or the dining plan. My personal preference is to stay club level, but we have fun trips when we don’t also. We really miss the easy breakfasts, though!

We have never booked concierge before, but got lucky at the poly for our 5 year anniversary with a magical upgrade. I really enjoyed it! We had the - now discontinued- platinum plan, and it while we used the CL services, we never ate at the lounge other then grabbing Snacks to watch the fireworks from our room. (3rd floor middle, perfect view.)

*if* we do a dining plan it will be a basic one. Closer to the trip we will do a mock-up of the restaurants we want and what we expect we might eat, to figure out if it is worth it. It will be food and wine festival, so we will use the snack credits there, we prefer table service for dinners, and it’s just the two of us...hubby eats like a teenager.

I am just so excited to stay at the CR for its 50th birthday!!

My family has always booked a lake view (4 seperate times). We just booked a theme park view at the end of Feb. Will it be worth it?

I'm staying at CR for the first time in August. I've heard that the AC units use motion sensors to turn on. Is this true and if so what do people do to keep the AC on at night?

I've never had an uncomfortable room there and trust me, we keep our thermostat pretty low at night and all summer for that matter. It never felt warm upon returning to the room after a day in the parks nor did it ever feel warm when we woke up in the morning.

Hello All
I was just looking at the things to do at the CR for our May trip and the Electrical Water Pageant came up. I had never heard of it. Is it worth making time for? How long is it?
Thank you in advance

Hello All
I was just looking at the things to do at the CR for our May trip and the Electrical Water Pageant came up. I had never heard of it. Is it worth making time for? How long is it?
Thank you in advance

I like the Electricla Water Pageant a lot. It lasts for somewhere between 10-15 mins. Each float has it’s own song. It’s also one of the few attractions that has been around since 1971 (can’t say since the very beginning since it started about two months after MK opened.

I like the Electricla Water Pageant a lot. It lasts for somewhere between 10-15 mins. Each float has it’s own song. It’s also one of the few attractions that has been around since 1971 (can’t say since the very beginning since it started about two months after MK opened.
Thank you, I will put it in our plans.

Thank you, I will put it in our plans.

Just a little more info. It generally starts around 9 PM (unless HEA is scheduled for 10 PM, in which case it’ll start after HEA ends) over at Ploy and goes Poly-GF-FW-WL-CR-MK. It generally gets to CR about a little after 10 PM.

Hello All
Thank you in advance

If you have a room that faces Bay Lake and you happen to be in the room, you'll be experiencing EWP whether you want to or not. That sucker is LOUD and the sound carries very well across the water/towards the tower.

Love the EWP - cheesy but classic Disney and (for me) a connection to a childhood memory.

Not saying we'd rush back to see it if we were out, but if we're around - you bet we'll watch. :-)

9.JPG

I'm staying at CR for the first time in August. I've heard that the AC units use motion sensors to turn on. Is this true and if so what do people do to keep the AC on at night?

Unless they have changed in the last year, I rank Poly and CR resort room thermostats as just about the best out there. I think there is some sort of sensor to it, but it's not like the newer style ones that are far more restrictive/sensitive. You can get a Poly and CR room ICE COLD in my experience. I know someday they'll update these rooms/HVAC, but for now these are my fav rooms on property for temp control.

Unless they have changed in the last year, I rank Poly and CR resort room thermostats as just about the best out there. I think there is some sort of sensor to it, but it's not like the newer style ones that are far more restrictive/sensitive. You can get a Poly and CR room ICE COLD in my experience. I know someday they'll update these rooms/HVAC, but for now these are my fav rooms on property for temp control.
Thanks for this. I read on touring plans that it was the motion sensor kind and started to worry because it will be hot as Hades end of August.

Thanks for this. I read on touring plans that it was the motion sensor kind and started to worry because it will be hot as Hades end of August.

Yeah, especially when the sun is setting to the west facing the TPV rooms (if you have one). Hot, hot, hot! I’ve had a few early Sept stays in a CR TPV room and you get those late afternoons without a cloud in the Sky and the sun just won’t go away. Not great TPV balcony time! :-)

I should note just in case, my comments apply to CR, I’m not sure what they have at BLT for thermostats.

If you have a room that faces Bay Lake and you happen to be in the room, you'll be experiencing EWP whether you want to or not. That sucker is LOUD and the sound carries very well across the water/towards the tower.

Love the EWP - cheesy but classic Disney and (for me) a connection to a childhood memory.

Not saying we'd rush back to see it if we were out, but if we're around - you bet we'll watch. :-)

View attachment 377772
Just watched - Remided me of the MSEP. I Loved MSEP growing up - can’t wait to watch it with my girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!