Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I haven’t been to BLT, but unless it’s different than other resorts (which I assume is unlikely) there are no height requirements on WDW resort slides.
I don’t recall a minimum at BLT (or anywhere, for that matter) just make sure the child can swim or is wearing a life vest (or you’re there to catch them) as the water may be over their head at the bottom of the slide. Can’t recall the exact depth, but my youngest could not touch right at the bottom.

Someone please refresh my recollection - we booked an "agency exclusive" and the reservation says "Atrium Club Standard View". I thought there was only 2 views - Bay Lake or Theme Park?

Someone please refresh my recollection - we booked an "agency exclusive" and the reservation says "Atrium Club Standard View". I thought there was only 2 views - Bay Lake or Theme Park?
I cant speak to what a standard view is but Atrium club is club level.

I don’t recall a minimum at BLT (or anywhere, for that matter) just make sure the child can swim or is wearing a life vest (or you’re there to catch them) as the water may be over their head at the bottom of the slide. Can’t recall the exact depth, but my youngest could not touch right at the bottom.
I don't think the life guards will let you stand at the bottom of the slide to catch kids. They'll need to be able to swim or move to the side of the bottom of the slide.

just booked deluxe garden room for April. Are the only perks the extra space you are paying for? First time it’s ever been available for our stay.

just booked deluxe garden room for April. Are the only perks the extra space you are paying for? First time it’s ever been available for our stay.

We stayed in that room 2 years ago and LOVED it. The two showers alone are worth the price and you know where your room will be since there are only 3 of them. Very close to the walkway to the tower and close to the pool.

We're returning to the Contemporary this August. We just love everything about the resort! I've read stories here about people getting a pixie dust upgrade from the Garden Wing to the Tower. Does this still happen on occasion? I certainly wouldn't expect it, just curious if it is even a possibility. :)

It happened to us last April! Disney certainly was smart—now we won't stay at CR until it's in the Tower (or BLT for very large groups).

Wish I had the funds this trip. Best RESORT on property IMHO.

jziHon3.jpg

I don't think the life guards will let you stand at the bottom of the slide to catch kids. They'll need to be able to swim or move to the side of the bottom of the slide.
I should have probably been more clear...stand off to the side at the bottom of the slide to help them clear the area, not directly at the bottom where it dumps out. I’ve done this at many resorts with no issue, though I also make sure my youngest wears a vest, too, so that he can get to me.

Wish I had the funds this trip. Best RESORT on property IMHO.

jziHon3.jpg

I'm so thrilled to hear this. We are booked at CR because we have a baby onboard and want to easily get back and forth from MK. But, truthfully, the theming doesn't thrill me at CR. I LOVE hearing the enthusiastic reports from people who have stayed at this resort. So I'm working on my "theming attitude," getting ready to embrace the modern, and getting ready for a great time! Thanks Monorail_Man_NJ!!

I should have probably been more clear...stand off to the side at the bottom of the slide to help them clear the area, not directly at the bottom where it dumps out. I’ve done this at many resorts with no issue, though I also make sure my youngest wears a vest, too, so that he can get to me.

Same here. Done it countless times. My kids have been in that age on recent travels where they are “ok but not great” swimmers. One of us stands off at a reasonable distance to the side and helps grab them with a little helping hand. Every lifeguard I’ve ever encountered has been happy to accommodate so long as we’re not standing right in the splash down point. Off to the side, no issues in my experience.

Last edited:
I'm so thrilled to hear this. We are booked at CR because we have a baby onboard and want to easily get back and forth from MK. But, truthfully, the theming doesn't thrill me at CR. I LOVE hearing the enthusiastic reports from people who have stayed at this resort. So I'm working on my "theming attitude," getting ready to embrace the modern, and getting ready for a great time! Thanks Monorail_Man_NJ!!
I felt the same way about the theming before we stayed there. For me at least, it soon became evident that the area is the theming. The monorail overhead, the castle in the distance, the lake... the hotel building fades away and lets the rest shine.

We stayed at the Contemporary the week of Halloween last year, and parents did wait at the bottom where the slide stops to catch their younger children with no problem. They just stepped to the side when others came down. We were there sun worshiping for a couple hours and numerous families did this --------no problem. Life guards just made themselves available as needed.

Enjoy we do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter