Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all! just booked two rooms in the Garden Wing for two nights before our 10 night stay at the Beach Club. Have two quick questions. Are there adjoining rooms in the wing? Also will be there for Halloween. Do they do anything fun for the kids that evening? Appreciate any feedback. This is our first time staying here

Hi everyone! My family will be staying in a BLV room starting on March 1. We have decided to upgrade our parkhoppers to annual passes and I recently read that you can now make the upgrade at your resort hotel. Has anyone had any experience with doing this at the Contemporary? If so, where did you do it? Concierge or main checkin desk? TIA for the input.

Has anyone put a crib or pack n play in the master bathroom of a one bedroom villa at BLT? Our youngest (just turned 2 this month) has slept in bathrooms many times in her two short years. Ha. Last summer in an OKW one bedroom, we put her pack n play in the bathtub portion of the bathroom, and our son slept on a twin sized air mattress in the bedroom with us. That enabled us to always have the living area free to use when the kids were asleep, as well as to allow my mom and sister to sleep on the living room sleep surfaces on the nights they joined us. It worked great.

We were thinking of doing the same thing at BLT this summer. My husband and I in the master bed, our son on an air mattress on our floor (or on the pull out chair in the living room), and our daughter in the master bathroom. My father in law will be using the pull out sofa, bc he stays up later than any of us. My son could potentially sleep on the pull out chair in the living room, bc after a day at Disney, it wouldn't matter how loudly my FIL was watching TV, he'd still fall asleep. If he does that, I suppose we could put the pack n play next to our bed in the master.

The master bath is pretty big and you would have the 2nd full bath in the living room to use.

There is also a little hallway near the front door that might fit a pack n play. I've never tried but I have kept my owner's locker box there with lots of extra room so I'm thinking it might fit there too.

Has anyone put a crib or pack n play in the master bathroom of a one bedroom villa at BLT? Our youngest (just turned 2 this month) has slept in bathrooms many times in her two short years. Ha. Last summer in an OKW one bedroom, we put her pack n play in the bathtub portion of the bathroom, and our son slept on a twin sized air mattress in the bedroom with us. That enabled us to always have the living area free to use when the kids were asleep, as well as to allow my mom and sister to sleep on the living room sleep surfaces on the nights they joined us. It worked great.

We were thinking of doing the same thing at BLT this summer. My husband and I in the master bed, our son on an air mattress on our floor (or on the pull out chair in the living room), and our daughter in the master bathroom. My father in law will be using the pull out sofa, bc he stays up later than any of us. My son could potentially sleep on the pull out chair in the living room, bc after a day at Disney, it wouldn't matter how loudly my FIL was watching TV, he'd still fall asleep. If he does that, I suppose we could put the pack n play next to our bed in the master.
You might have a problem going to the bathroom during the night and washing your hands. The tub is right up next to the sink cabinet and then the shower and toilet are just to the opposite side of the sink cabinet. If you get a villa on the inside of the curve, you would have a large laundry room that might have enough room for the pack and play. If you are outside the curve, you don't have a laundry room, just a laundry closet. Here is a photo of the bathroom from the bedroom side. That would be all the space you'd have for the pack and play. That doorway in the center of the photo is the doorway to the toilet and shower.
DSC07998.JPG

You might have a problem going to the bathroom during the night and washing your hands. The tub is right up next to the sink cabinet and then the shower and toilet are just to the opposite side of the sink cabinet. If you get a villa on the inside of the curve, you would have a large laundry room that might have enough room for the pack and play. If you are outside the curve, you don't have a laundry room, just a laundry closet. Here is a photo of the bathroom from the bedroom side. That would be all the space you'd have for the pack and play. That doorway in the center of the photo is the doorway to the toilet and shower.
View attachment 380949

Thanks! I guess we’d have to be okay with using the second bathroom for middle of the night trips. Wouldn’t be terrible. I’ll look for some pictures of the laundry room vs laundry closet to see if requesting an inner room would be better for us.

Here is a photo of the laundry room.
DSC07988.JPG
This is the layout for a two bedroom, but it shows the larger laundry room like in the inner curve villas. It is between the master bath and the extra bathroom in the entry. But the villas on the inner curve do not have the bar stools at the kitchen island.
BLT_2bd_16x9.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had the funds this trip. Best RESORT on property IMHO.

jziHon3.jpg
That is such a great photo, crystal clear!

Can anyone tell me what is on the cabana menu? Thinking about renting one for our non-park day and wondering if it is just the stuff from the Sand Bar?

Hi, I have a question about the security checkin for the Contemporary. I notice in the past that at one point late in the day, they are gone and people there are directed to the main security at MK. Does anybody know around what time that happens? Thanks!
Are you talking about the security check on the walkway between the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom?

Can anyone tell me what is on the cabana menu? Thinking about renting one for our non-park day and wondering if it is just the stuff from the Sand Bar?

It’s just stuff from the Sand Bar: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/sand-bar/menus/

You can order from the Private Dining menu (aka, Room Service) for delivery to the cabana, but it’s a seperate service than the cabana attendant (they’ll likely direct you to a number to call if you ask, or they may look at you funny).

We’ve done a cabana a CR - I don’t necessarily love CR’s pools but I love the vibe down there and the relaxing setting on the shores of Bay Lake. Happy to answer any questions.

Does anyone have experience with a fear of heights and the CR upper floors? I just booked an Atrium club level stay for December 2019, then realized that the walkways facing the concourse on the 12th floor might bother me some. Are the railings fairly high? Photos that show the CR halls seem kind of rare.

Does anyone have experience with a fear of heights and the CR upper floors? I just booked an Atrium club level stay for December 2019, then realized that the walkways facing the concourse on the 12th floor might bother me some. Are the railings fairly high? Photos that show the CR halls seem kind of rare.
I'm not terribly crazy about heights but the railings are solid, looking into the atrium and they are close to chest high on me (I'm 5'3"l. This is just going by recollection. I felt very separated by them.

I'm not terribly crazy about heights but the railings are solid, looking into the atrium and they are close to chest high on me (I'm 5'3"l. This is just going by recollection. I felt very separated by them.

I agree, the railings are pretty high. I’m also around 5’3” and I feel like I had to almost peer over, they were definately at least chest high on me. My memory makes it seem like they were upper chest, like close to shoulder level, but I’m not sure on that. Either way, I feel like you could walk to your room and pay no attention to the fact that you are able to see over the railing down to the concourse and just feel as if you’re In a regular hall. You just see the large windows on the end of the resort and the walls if you walk and don’t try to look over/down. The balcony wall is a solid, regular wall, also, so no slats, etc like room balconies. This is harder to write than just explain in words, lol, I hope this makes some sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter