Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Brunch looks delish! We couldn’t make it fit for our schedule as this is our fly day. Plane arrives at 12:30 and that is cutting it to close. We booked a 7:30 for supper instead. Never been so still looking forward to it. Hopefully will be there for the fireworks. That would be awesome. And thanks for all the pics you always provide. I enjoy viewing and reading your post.

Looking forward to our stay next week! Silly question, but is the bus the only transportation available to Hollywood Studios? Would y'all recommend a lyft/uber to get there faster and or closer to the entrance?
TIA!!

Looking forward to our stay next week! Silly question, but is the bus the only transportation available to Hollywood Studios? Would y'all recommend a lyft/uber to get there faster and or closer to the entrance?
TIA!!

Fun!

Yes, bus only to DHS. If you have APs/Hoppers, you could monorail to Epcot, walk through the park/out the IG/over to DHS... if you really want to get your steps in! :-)

We've returned to CR that way (I'll take any excuse to spend even a brief time in Epcot), but it's not the most effecient use of time.

You can have bad bus service anywhere/anytime, but I've always been quite pleased with the bus service at CR. But since the bus stop is pretty much right there at the entrance, you can eyeball the wait time board (or look at the app) and make a game-time decision. If it's showing the default "every 20 minutes" without a time, I'll think twice about maybe grabbing a cab (usually waiting out front of CR) or looking for Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft as applicable.

Fun!

Yes, bus only to DHS. If you have APs/Hoppers, you could monorail to Epcot, walk through the park/out the IG/over to DHS... if you really want to get your steps in! :-)

We've returned to CR that way (I'll take any excuse to spend even a brief time in Epcot), but it's not the most effecient use of time.

You can have bad bus service anywhere/anytime, but I've always been quite pleased with the bus service at CR. But since the bus stop is pretty much right there at the entrance, you can eyeball the wait time board (or look at the app) and make a game-time decision. If it's showing the default "every 20 minutes" without a time, I'll think twice about maybe grabbing a cab (usually waiting out front of CR) or looking for Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft as applicable.
Thanks for the tip ! Off topic but do you know if Lyft is dropping off closer than the busses at the Hollywood entrance? That would be a factor too for us !

Thanks for the tip ! Off topic but do you know if Lyft is dropping off closer than the busses at the Hollywood entrance? That would be a factor too for us !

Yeah, it is a little bit closer than the current temporary bus stop (and I'm not sure CR is in that area, I think GF/Poly are the very further away if I'm not mistaken). Not an earth shattering distance closer, but it's closer.

Glad you all enjoyed it. Seeing all your pictures is getting me excited for June! I got the shrimp and grits when we went in Feb 2017. I enjoyed mine, but yours looks a lot better. Here is what they looked like two years ago. The Bloody Marys were pretty good as well.

View attachment 383422 View attachment 383423
We wished we liked bloody marys. That bar looked amazing.

EW your shrimp lol. Mine was so smooth and yummy. Also it was huge and I couldn't eat it all.

Thx for the pix.

TIA!!
For HS i have always used the bus. Sometimes I minnie van to or from Epcot. The double mono to mono thing can get old for cr and gf. For poly I walk to TTC then mono to Epcot.

Keep in mind: when leaving any park and you miss a bus and you are too hot/tired/cranky to stand in your bus line do this:

For cr I will bus to WL if one shows up and then boat from Wl to cr. You get back to cr the same time(ish) but are relaxed vs standinggggggg.

For poly/gf I take the bus to any of cr/poly/gf then either mono/boat or walk to my resort.

For cr you can also bus to gf/poly and then mono to cr as well.

Again , same amount of time overall but you are traveling and it feels more like a nice vacation time instead of annoyed with yourself for not running and missing your bus.:rotfl:

Last edited:

Oh and the AP discount applied. ALL of that for 172 total for 2 people. DEF want to do again.
We are really looking forward to this in May. Dh and I had an ADR for it last December but when we had to change our vacation dates 3 months prior to our vacation we lost all of our ADRs. :( I was so disappointed because I never could get that one back (I managed to get the rest rescheduled). This will be a treat but it'll be our adult dd and her boyfriend with us in May so double the price but take off an additional 10% since we had TiW. It's still over $300 but worth it for a special occasion (our kids haven't been since 2007, 4 prepubescent kids in one trip back then was enough for a lifetime, lol)!

We are really looking forward to this in May. Dh and I had an ADR for it last December but when we had to change our vacation dates 3 months prior to our vacation we lost all of our ADRs. :( I was so disappointed because I never could get that one back (I managed to get the rest rescheduled). This will be a treat but it'll be our adult dd and her boyfriend with us in May so double the price but take off an additional 10% since we had TiW. It's still over $300 but worth it for a special occasion (our kids haven't been since 2007, 4 prepubescent kids in one trip back then was enough for a lifetime, lol)!
Your dd will love it!

It was nice you can sit as long as you wanted. Lots of people just strolled around and checked out the restaurant and went out to the balcony as many times as they wanted.

We planned our day by MK rope drop. We did dress up but park appropriate. Then we walked to CR knowing we wouldn't be late. After we chose a Minnie van back to BC and swam in SAB to sober up. I mean to enjoy the beautiful day.

For Epcot I would think you can also walk to MK then Ferry to TTC. Or would that be a longer route. Having 2 scooters this trip this is what we were thinking of doing. I haven’t been on the ferry in years.

TIA!!
Until the Skyliner is running! That would be another mode of transportation! Of course, taking the monorail to Epcot, then walking the (1 mile?) to the IG then taking the Skyliner? That would include a transfer in the CBR station to get to DHS, right? Nevermind....that would really take too much time but still, fun to check out the gondola system!

Your dd will love it!

It was nice you can sit as long as you wanted. Lots of people just strolled around and checked out the restaurant and went out to the balcony as many times as they wanted.

We planned our day by MK rope drop. We did dress up but park appropriate. Then we walked to CR knowing we wouldn't be late. After we chose a Minnie van back to BC and swam in SAB to sober up. I mean to enjoy the beautiful day.
You must know my dd! :rotfl2: Funny, but we are also planning MK rope drop that day. Then brunch at 12:45, then pretty much nothing but hanging at CBR for some swimming and leisure. Our only set plans after brunch is dinner at 19:30 at Sebastians at CBR. We'll see how everyone feels. I'm used to total commando park days so I'm really struggling with dialing it back for our family. Dh and I go go go but I know my dd will enjoy a more leisurely pace.

Just got back from a short trip for DAH Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We hadn't been to the Contemporary since our girls were 3 and 1 (now 10 and 12 :sad: ) since we usually stay at the Yacht and Beach Club. We booked a tower lake view and received a text around 11 that our room was ready, Yay! Room 4620. We stopped by the desk to pick up birthday pins since we were celebrating birthdays and I asked if there was anything we could upgrade to. The CM checked and said a Standard Club level room was available for 150 extra for the two nights so we said yes! The best decision we could have made!! Oh my goodness, I feel we're spoiled for life! Even though we've never stayed club level before and have nothing to compare it to, I know there's something special about the Tower Club. (We're staying club level at the YC in September so we will see!)
Once we got upstairs David greeted us-talk about magical, he can do the most amazing Mickey and friends voice impersonations! He was so wonderful!!!!
Everything from that moment was just better and better. Loved every second, EVERY SECOND of this stay!

Attachments

• D2D66B0D-AF0A-46AC-B27B-17A046EC7C7B.jpeg
    D2D66B0D-AF0A-46AC-B27B-17A046EC7C7B.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 60EC625F-C4DB-4005-83C2-5F9664CE9CF3.jpeg
    60EC625F-C4DB-4005-83C2-5F9664CE9CF3.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 0F08FF59-F59D-4F8D-A7E0-14AD334621CE.jpg
    0F08FF59-F59D-4F8D-A7E0-14AD334621CE.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 0E39FFDF-3320-4CA0-AF34-6D1DB551B863 (1).jpg
    0E39FFDF-3320-4CA0-AF34-6D1DB551B863 (1).jpg
    125 KB · Views: 58
  • FE8DB4FA-AE78-40FC-A634-53C1FC31EF30.jpg
    FE8DB4FA-AE78-40FC-A634-53C1FC31EF30.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
We ended up in room 4820, the same exact room as the original, but two floors up. We loved the view! All the pics are from our room or right outside the room. The last pic was from the Tower Club during HEA :)

Attachments

• 10289277-87EF-4824-BD1B-18D56C22AE51.jpeg
    10289277-87EF-4824-BD1B-18D56C22AE51.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 63
  • B7014053-9B05-4B13-B8B1-F462AB9D49CB.jpeg
    B7014053-9B05-4B13-B8B1-F462AB9D49CB.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 7D933A6C-2377-4A17-98B4-CE4943EDE32C.jpeg
    7D933A6C-2377-4A17-98B4-CE4943EDE32C.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 61
  • C53A49DC-C9F7-4657-B9DA-697391E26B26.jpeg
    C53A49DC-C9F7-4657-B9DA-697391E26B26.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 63
  • BABB33FC-E0EE-48CB-9990-A54F89335A39.jpg
    BABB33FC-E0EE-48CB-9990-A54F89335A39.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
  • C7395111-1371-4C95-9641-9487041293C9.jpg
    C7395111-1371-4C95-9641-9487041293C9.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DF047A96-11A0-4ABF-B611-2A4411B5D6D6.jpg
    DF047A96-11A0-4ABF-B611-2A4411B5D6D6.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 68
I think I confused the Club names, we were on the 12th Floor, that's the Atrium club? Can't even imagine what the 14th Floor would be like :)

I think I confused the Club names, we were on the 12th Floor, that's the Atrium club? Can't even imagine what the 14th Floor would be like :)

Yeah, 12th floor is Atrium Club. 14th floor is Tower Club - mostly suites and a precious few standard rooms up there. :-)

Question about security procedures for the monorail...we were there at the beginning of December. Is that how it normally is? Very slow and cumbersome? Same at the Poly, if not worst. It was annoying to say the least. It wasn't all Disney's fault, people not preparing to get searched etc. was also annoying. Just wondering if the wait is the norm or if it gets faster as more people are getting used to it? Or what.

Question about security procedures for the monorail...we were there at the beginning of December. Is that how it normally is? Very slow and cumbersome? Same at the Poly, if not worst. It was annoying to say the least. It wasn't all Disney's fault, people not preparing to get searched etc. was also annoying. Just wondering if the wait is the norm or if it gets faster as more people are getting used to it? Or what.

Annoying slow at BLT/CR back in Oct....we thought what was even worse was having to go through baggage check again after getting to Epcot with only changing monorails at TT and not ever leaving what we considered a secure area.

I had some pretty bad waits in December at GF and other monorail resorts. I think the holiday season and people touring the monorail resort trees and gingerbread displays helped cause some additional wait times. It normally is much better than the original MK security. I've walked up at CR with no line and a giant cake box and made it through very fast.

It also just seemed like people were out of it and waiting until they got right up to the front to decide "oh yeah I want to take every single thing out of my stroller and fold it up and go through the other lane. Grrr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter