Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hoping to stay here in November. Wanting to get a 2 bedroom at the BLT. How far is the walk to the monorail?

Can anyone give me any information on the showers in the Bay Lake Tower studio rooms? From my research, I see that the showers are attached to the wall and do not have a detachable head but I don’t know if this is current info or not. Thanks in advancez
It is attached to the wall. We just left a couple days ago.

Hoping to stay here in November. Wanting to get a 2 bedroom at the BLT. How far is the walk to the monorail?
Not far at all! A walk across the skybridge that connects BLT and CR. Then it is a short stroll past the shops and an escalator ride up and you're at the boarding area for the monorail. I haven't been there since they've implemented it, but I believe you'll also have to go through a security check before going up the escalator.

Not far at all! A walk across the skybridge that connects BLT and CR. Then it is a short stroll past the shops and an escalator ride up and you're at the boarding area for the monorail. I haven't been there since they've implemented it, but I believe you'll also have to go through a security check before going up the escalator.
Yes security is right by the escalator and elevator that leads to the monorail platform

November 2019? Do you plan to rent points or book a cash room? There is not much availability for rooms on points.
I was looking to get points. Just realized the dates I wanted wasn’t available. My dates are not booked in stone. Is there an easy way to check availability if you aren’t in dvc yet?

I was looking to get points. Just realized the dates I wanted wasn’t available. My dates are not booked in stone. Is there an easy way to check availability if you aren’t in dvc yet?

I don’t think there is a way for non-members to check. If you contacted a rental company they should be able to check for you. If available they would still need to find an owner to rent points from.

BLT will be hard to get less than 7 months out. Also availability can change all the time so even if non members could somehow check availability by the time you contacted a member to make the reservation for you it could disappear. Near park resorts like BLT are in high demand especially in the fall when point costs are lower to book.

No, only a member can tell you if something is available. Any dates during Fall Frenzy (Sept through early January) will be very difficult to book this late. I've been trying to rebook two separate nights in early December for a month and nothing is available. November is going to be booked up totally.
You really need to book your stay on points 11 months out during this time.

We saw him and Smee there in Nov. We happened to be getting off the elevator in the south bank (ones closer to CR) when he, Smee, and their handler came in the door there from the path to CR. We followed them into Community Hall and visited and got pics with them. I want to say it was close to 8 (maybe 7:45 ish) when we ran into them? Not sure how long they stayed as they were still there when we left and headed up to Top of The World Lounge for appetizers and drinks. We then later ran into Peter Pan around fireworks time (9:45 ish) when we were returning to Top of the world lounge to see the fireworks. This was a Christmas party night when the fireworks start around 10 pm. Since Happily Ever After is earlier (9:15 this past week) I’d assume you’d catch the characters earlier than we did if they show at all. My understanding is that if they are ready to meet guests earlier than they need to appear at The Pirates and Pals party they will swing by BLT community hall as a surprise.
Thanks for this info. We are staying at BLT in September for our niece's first trip and she would love this. We have never stayed at BLT yet but have a quick trip in May to check it out and can't wait.

I could not believe that the old game room reopened at the Contemporary. We visited for dinner and my husband came to get me like he saw a ghost. Said the old game room on the 4th floor is open and I took my granddaughter immediately there. I talked to the maintenance guy there and he said they reopened around April 8th after one year of closing to make it a day care area. All the machines brought back along with the brown benches and some new additions. Made our trip! Still the same type of action without it costing an arm and a leg and something great for the children when it rains! So happy!!!

Hi - we've stayed in the garden wing before and had a recent offer tempt us to upgrading to a tower room. Can anyone who has stayed in the tower tell me if the elevators are a pain or is it pretty efficient? DH is concerned it would be a longer wait for elevators in the main tower, and that it would take longer than going to the garden wing.
I'm not sure it's worth the extra $ if the only difference is the view from the balcony (especially since our upgrade would be to lake view, not theme park view).
Any advice?

The standard Tower rooms are the same size as the Garden wing rooms. The balcony is a nice place to start the morning on the Bay Lake side. The open atrium just outside of your room is also a plus over the lower ceilings in the tower room. Watching the monorails glide by always entertained the kids.

The elevators can be busy during the morning and evenings when many guests and visitors are all trying use the elevators since the monorail entrance is on the 4th floor. We have never found it longer to wait for the main tower elevators than the walk to the south garden wing or the north wing that was demolished to accommodate the BLT DVC building. Just how many times do you think you would need to go back to your room per day?

Only you can decide if the extra $s are worth spending...

Dave

Hi - we've stayed in the garden wing before and had a recent offer tempt us to upgrading to a tower room. Can anyone who has stayed in the tower tell me if the elevators are a pain or is it pretty efficient? DH is concerned it would be a longer wait for elevators in the main tower, and that it would take longer than going to the garden wing.
I'm not sure it's worth the extra $ if the only difference is the view from the balcony (especially since our upgrade would be to lake view, not theme park view).
Any advice?
I haven’t stayed in the garden wing, so I can’t compare from experience, but I think my preference would be very much for the main tower. The garden wing always seemed kind of dark and dingy when we walked over to do laundry. The tower views are amazing, and the bay lake view is arguably better except for not being able to see fireworks. So peaceful and beautiful, not a road or car in sight, and the lake and pool are great views. The elevators can occasionally be a minor pain from the 1st or 4th floor going up, but never to the point of a problem. I like the iconic views over the rails inside the tower down to the monorail and 4th floor.

However, I would choose a garden wing room over a non monorail resort, etc, it’s not like I think they would be bad, just not as preferable.

We are coming for our first visit at the Contemporary in a couple of weeks! I'm excited since we have never stayed here before. We are in the main tower and I have read reviews in the past that said it is "complicated" to get to the monorail. I don't know if that is accurate or not - do any of the experts here have an opinion about that? Just don't want to get confounded and lost!

We are coming for our first visit at the Contemporary in a couple of weeks! I'm excited since we have never stayed here before. We are in the main tower and I have read reviews in the past that said it is "complicated" to get to the monorail. I don't know if that is accurate or not - do any of the experts here have an opinion about that? Just don't want to get confounded and lost!

I wouldn’t say complicated, you just have to go to the 4th floor and then take either an escalator or separate elevator to the monorail level. You go through security just prior to this elevator/escalator. It is a separate step, the main elevators don’t go there to the monorail level, but I wouldn’t have ever thought of it as complicated, just as the way it is. It is a PITA if you need the elevator for a stroller or wheelchair, since you occasionally get off at a terrible place for the line and either feel like you are cutting or getting the short end of the stick, but despite it having the potential to be frustrating we never found it bad, even when we went over Christmas. You also go to a different spot to get down (to the elevator rather than escalators) when you get off the monorail, but also not a big deal once you realize it the first time.

Can anyone give me any information on the showers in the Bay Lake Tower studio rooms? From my research, I see that the showers are attached to the wall and do not have a detachable head but I don’t know if this is current info or not. Thanks in advancez
They do not have a detachable shower head they just have the nozzle on the wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter