Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone have a link to the June activities calendar? All I see on this thread (and on Google) is the May calendar. Thanks.

We will soon be enjoying our stay at Contemporary! Does mousekeeping still leave small bottles of shampoo and conditioner or is it now mounted on wall? Just wondering so we know what to expect! Thanks!

We will soon be enjoying our stay at Contemporary! Does mousekeeping still leave small bottles of shampoo and conditioner or is it now mounted on wall? Just wondering so we know what to expect! Thanks!

When I was there in April it was still the little bottles of the H2O stuff.

JUST got home & they still have little bottles of shampoo, lotion, conditioner, etc. They replenished them daily as well.

Oh glad to hear it jemtx and JoanneAZ. I just booked three days in July with the 25% discount. I was really surprised to see that they were offering lake view tower rooms, not the garden wing, how awesome. You probably all know the saying, "ever since I was a little kid and saw the monorails running through ...." ha ha. So this will be our first split stay. We had earlier reservations for the Poly but canceled those for the 3 nights at Contemporary (first time ever), and then 4 nights at the Yacht club, (also water view). I just feel super lucky, just a month in advance, decent prices (well, you know what I mean for Disney), and it's for a Tower room, followed by a water view.... hyped I am :)

Oh glad to hear it jemtx and JoanneAZ. I just booked three days in July with the 25% discount. I was really surprised to see that they were offering lake view tower rooms, not the garden wing, how awesome. You probably all know the saying, "ever since I was a little kid and saw the monorails running through ...." ha ha. So this will be our first split stay. We had earlier reservations for the Poly but canceled those for the 3 nights at Contemporary (first time ever), and then 4 nights at the Yacht club, (also water view). I just feel super lucky, just a month in advance, decent prices (well, you know what I mean for Disney), and it's for a Tower room, followed by a water view.... hyped I am :)
Just got back from almost the same split. Loved it. Tower room was great. Could see Epcot from balcony—walked out front door and had an amazing view of space mountain, castle and monorail. You’ll love it.
Have a wonderful trip.

Awww thanks jemtx, glad to hear you had a great time! We are very excited, though I don't want to talk it up toooo much since you just got back :rolleyes1
We’re totally sad & miss it already, but I’m happy to answer any questions I can help you with.
As I mentioned we just returned from almost your same vacation. We did 3 nights at CR tower and 3 nights YC SV-CL. We ended up upgrading to club at the last minute with a good deal/rate I found.

Disney math surpasses all other math! We really enjoyed our 2 nights last December. We had a theme park view at the Contemporary and really enjoyed those nights. We also had 2 nights at the Poly and really enjoyed them too...I mean, what's not to enjoy at those monorail resorts? I've always wanted to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club. I think that and the All Stars, oh, and AoA are the only resorts we haven't stayed at. Enjoy your trip, you will :yoda:

We’re totally sad & miss it already, but I’m happy to answer any questions I can help you with.
As I mentioned we just returned from almost your same vacation. We did 3 nights at CR tower and 3 nights YC SV-CL. We ended up upgrading to club at the last minute with a good deal/rate I found.
Oh that is neat jemtx, very similar indeed! Well, there is always next time to look forward to, and the memories of course. I have heard a lot about split stays so it will be really exciting to give that a try, some people say it makes it feel like two separate vacations. And, I have never stayed at the Contemporary so I'm really excited about that as well. I was almost going to try and tell the kids we were only going for 3 days and then at the last minute surprise them, but I didn't have the secrecy in me and they already knew we had 8 day airline tickets :-)

Disney math surpasses all other math! We really enjoyed our 2 nights last December. We had a theme park view at the Contemporary and really enjoyed those nights. We also had 2 nights at the Poly and really enjoyed them too...I mean, what's not to enjoy at those monorail resorts? I've always wanted to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club. I think that and the All Stars, oh, and AoA are the only resorts we haven't stayed at. Enjoy your trip, you will :yoda:
Well, as much as we love the monorail resorts, (though we've never tried the Grand Floridian yet), the Epcot ones are pretty awesome too, that location is pretty hard to beat as well.

Oh that is neat jemtx, very similar indeed! Well, there is always next time to look forward to, and the memories of course. I have heard a lot about split stays so it will be really exciting to give that a try, some people say it makes it feel like two separate vacations. And, I have never stayed at the Contemporary so I'm really excited about that as well. I was almost going to try and tell the kids we were only going for 3 days and then at the last minute surprise them, but I didn't have the secrecy in me and they already knew we had 8 day airline tickets :-)
It really did feel like two separate vacations. You really get to experience two very different hotels. Totally fun. I think you & your family will love it.
The CR was a very quintessential Disney experience. We had great views, the hotel is very bustling and exciting with the monorail & chef mickeys, and we got to watch the fireworks while swimming in the evening.
Btw, Disney made the transfer very easy. Just brought our bags to bell services and they delivered them to the YC. The bags were there when we checked in around 3 that afternoon. We went to MK that morning and then caught a bus over to YC.
Have a great time. 😃

Well, as much as we love the monorail resorts, (though we've never tried the Grand Floridian yet), the Epcot ones are pretty awesome too, that location is pretty hard to beat as well.
Agreed! Last month we had a split stay where we ended at BWV......love the convenience of Epcot AND DHS! Walked to each several times.

Today I am finally getting around to early check in. I see now that they allow some limited room requests. The three I am shown are highest floor, upper floor or balcony. We are staying in the tower, lake side. Any recommendations? My initial thoughts are highest floor but the balcony one has me confused, I thought all the rooms in the tower had balconies? Maybe these are mostly for the garden wing?

Today I am finally getting around to early check in. I see now that they allow some limited room requests. The three I am shown are highest floor, upper floor or balcony. We are staying in the tower, lake side. Any recommendations? My initial thoughts are highest floor but the balcony one has me confused, I thought all the rooms in the tower had balconies? Maybe these are mostly for the garden wing?

All Tower rooms have balconies. That’s an example of why the online check-in room request feature has some serious limitations and is borderline unusable.

I’d put upper floor and leave it at that.

If this were me, I’d call the main WDW reservation number and ask to have my request noted and just leave the room request thing blank.

Thanks GADisneyDad14!
I appreciate the feedback, will take your advice and leave it at upper floor.
Not meaning to make a big deal out of it as I would imagine all the tower lake side rooms have a relatively decent view, but yeah, that balcony bit confused me and I just wanted to get a 2nd opinion.
Man, I can't believe less than a month now, wow!

Does anyone know if they sell a case of water in the gift shop or food area? Thanks

Fantasia Market sells an 8-pack of 12oz Dasani water bottles for $4.

That's actually not as bad as I was expecting. Not as cheap as a grocery store obviously, but as convenience fees go, I can live with that. In my experience that seems to be where Disney is going. They definitely make a profit, but for things you may actually need, they charge a fairly reasonable convenience fee and don't go completely crazy charging park prices in the resorts, which they absolutely could.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter