Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all!
Staying at Contemporary for the first time in 4 weeks. We were watching a youtube video on the rooms, we are staying in the garden wing. I noticed in the video there was no drawers to put clothes under the TV like most of the hotels have. Am i missing something? Where are you putting all your folded clothes? I see they have the 2 closets but thats not much room for 5 people staying a week. If there's no drawers where are you putting your clothes? Any tips?
Also we are doing a split stay, moving over to yacht club, this is our first ever split. How will we get over there with our luggage? Thanks!!

Last year we stayed at the CR (Garden Wing - LOVE IT) with 3 people in the room. The closet that is opposite the bathroom is pretty spacious. If memory serves me correctly, within the closet there is a stack of drawers. I used that for all my underwear, shorts, T-shirts and smaller items (I bring a ton of clothes) and my husband used some of the drawer space also. My 23 year old son just seemed to live out of his suitcase. There was also room for me and my husband to hang up any shirts we wanted to not be wrinkled and I stacked some things like his shorts on the top shelf. I probably could have gotten more in there also, but didn't need to. I don't think we ever used the other two drawers between the beds.

Last year we stayed at the CR (Garden Wing - LOVE IT) with 3 people in the room. The closet that is opposite the bathroom is pretty spacious. If memory serves me correctly, within the closet there is a stack of drawers. I used that for all my underwear, shorts, T-shirts and smaller items (I bring a ton of clothes) and my husband used some of the drawer space also. My 23 year old son just seemed to live out of his suitcase. There was also room for me and my husband to hang up any shirts we wanted to not be wrinkled and I stacked some things like his shorts on the top shelf. I probably could have gotten more in there also, but didn't need to. I don't think we ever used the other two drawers between the beds.

Thank you.
How far was your walk to the food court?
Did you walk to MK from your room? How was it?

Thank you.

I wish I had a map handy because I'll probably explain this poorly, but my room was located on the first floor of the garden wing right in the middle of the entrance that is closest to the Tower and the entrance that opens into the parking lot.

I basically had a relatively quick walk down the hall the to the entrance to covered walkway to the Tower. That walkway, to me, seemed fairly short. I then entered the Tower at the first floor and took the escalator up to the Cotempo Cafe. Never used the elevators. Sometimes I took the outside stairs up when I was feeling spunky (not often!!). Honestly, it was no more than 5 minutes at the most. I could see it taking longer if you were at the farthest point of the Garden Wing.

I never did walk over to the MK. My father was with us with an ECV and we just never tried it. Didn't know how much that would drain the battery.

We will be at the CR in a little over a week. We stayed in the garden wing for a few nights in October. This is a surprise trip for my kids from my mom, she wanted to stay at Poly but it wasn’t available for what she wanted, so we are staying in a Tower Theme Park view. I think it’s going to be amazing! I have enjoyed reading everyone’s reports.

Thank you.
The Contemporary does not have a food court but does have the Contempo Cafe that has Grab 'n' Go food and the Contemporary Grounds. Both are located in the A-frame tower. It is less than a 3-5 minute walk from the far end of the Garden wing on Bay lake.

Contemp Cafe - located on the Grand Canyon Concourse (fourth floor) offers beverages, snacks and a few hot items. Limited service is available from 6:00am – midnight. Full service is available from 7am – 10pm.

Contemporary Grounds - is on the lobby level to the right of the main entrance offers hot and cold beverages and baked goods.

Fantasia Market – located on the Grand Canyon Concourse (fourth floor), offers a variety of reading material (newspapers, magazines, etc.), liquor, packaged food items and refrigerated items.

Walking times vary depending your location in the Garden Wing. The time from the far end of the Garden wing averages less than 15 minutes at a slow pace. If you take the Monorail it will take 20-35 minutes depending on any delays since it runs clockwise from the Contemporary, TTC, Polynesian, Grand Floridan, MK.

The Contemorary also has it own Security checkpoint on the walkway to the MK so you avoid the larger security queues at the MK main gate.

Dave

has anyone had any experience with HA studios? we have one for our upcoming trip and I cant find much info on them. Are they all north facing?

do they put a tag or something on them in front of you that says wheres its going? or they just haul it off?

They put tags on them with your last name and where they’re going and they also give you a receipt. Picture of receipt attached.

Attachments

• 99CACE65-732A-4AE1-9255-07891438B811.jpeg
    99CACE65-732A-4AE1-9255-07891438B811.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 25

has anyone had any experience with HA studios? we have one for our upcoming trip and I cant find much info on them. Are they all north facing?
They have Standard view and Lake view HA studios available. What exactly does your reservation show for the room type?

There are 4 types available.

Dave

My reservation on MDE says this
DLXstdo-LK
WChrAcc Rollin Opt Hr
Q DSS
Here is the full description:

Deluxe Studio-Lake View. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and option for hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 double sleeper sofa.

Views of Bay Lake - a western view

1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa
Sleeps up to 4 Adults
  • Wheelchair-Accessible Route in Room
    Grab Bars at Toilet and in Shower

• Optional Communication Features for Guests with Hearing Disabilities Include:
    Visual Alarm
    Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
    Visual Telephone Call Alert
    Telephone with Volume Control
    Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
    TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
    These features are guaranteed and do not require an extra charge.

Dave

Last edited:
Here is the full description:

Deluxe Studio-Lake View. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and option for hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 double sleeper sofa.

Views of Bay Lake - a western view

1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa
Sleeps up to 4 Adults
  • Wheelchair-Accessible Route in Room
    Grab Bars at Toilet and in Shower

• Optional Communication Features for Guests with Hearing Disabilities Include:
    Visual Alarm
    Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
    Visual Telephone Call Alert
    Telephone with Volume Control
    Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
    TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
    These features are guaranteed and do not require an extra charge.
Dave

Thank you for this!
what is a western view? I thought BLT was north facing and south facing
do you know of any room requests I can put in? the only room numbers I have found are 7914, 8014 and 7614. There isn't much info out there

Thank you for this!
what is a western view? I thought BLT was north facing and south facing
do you know of any room requests I can put in? the only room numbers I have found are 7914, 8014 and 7614. There isn't much info out there
The descriptions all say Bay Lake but these rooms are on the outer ring and have a western view over the parking lot to the MK and Space Mountain if you look to the right from the railing such as 8014 (10th Floor) or 7914 (9th floor) Since Bay Lake Towers is partial circle it has more than just North / South facing views.

Dave

Room 8014 from Toruingplans site.JPGRoom 7914 from Touringplans.JPG

We're arriving late on Friday (10:30) and we're thinking of bypassing the Magical Express and taking an Uber from the airport just to make it there fast. I assume since we'll be checking in we shouldn't have any problems having an Uber drop us off at the Contemporary?

The descriptions all say Bay Lake but these rooms are on the outer ring and have a western view over the parking lot to the MK and Space Mountain if you look to the right from the railing such as 8014 (10th Floor) or 7914 (9th floor) Since Bay Lake Towers is partial circle it has more than just North / South facing views.

Dave

View attachment 421727View attachment 421728
Thank you again. That's what I was thinking about wasnt completely sure. So really there isnt a point to a room request since they all have the same view

What are some things you enjoy at contempo cafe?
Do you ever hop the monorail and do QS at other monorail resorts? Waste of time?

We will be staying at the Contemporary in one of the suites for the first time and I have a question about the club level lounge (Tower Club). Do most people who are visiting the lounge wear regular park clothes or do they tend to dress up? We have stayed club level at other resorts and their lounges are very casual. I am wondering if I need to pack nicer clothes for the lounge in the evenings?

What are some things you enjoy at contempo cafe?
Do you ever hop the monorail and do QS at other monorail resorts? Waste of time?
The flatbreads at Contempo are very good and they usually have several types. We have found the Chicken Alfredo pasta to be pretty good, too. They always have fun, delicious cupcakes! It is definitely worth a monorail ride over to the GF for Gasparilla Grill. Their food is always very fresh and they have some creative offerings. Captain Cook's has good food but, in our experience, it always seems to be very crowded and hectic.

We will be staying at the Contemporary in one of the suites for the first time and I have a question about the club level lounge (Tower Club). Do most people who are visiting the lounge wear regular park clothes or do they tend to dress up? We have stayed club level at other resorts and their lounges are very casual. I am wondering if I need to pack nicer clothes for the lounge in the evenings?
No need to dress up. Just don't wear pajamas or bathing suits in the club lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter