Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from a three night stay in the main tower theme park view. I was a little nervous because of some of the online reviews saying this hotel wasn't all that special. That was all bunk because this resort is totally special. We had an amazing time and really loved it. Plus we had a beautiful view - the best in Walt Disney World!

Attachments

• 20190803_003548.jpg
    20190803_003548.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 54
I've rented a cabana at the Contemporary two times in the past and each of those times we had an attendant take our orders and such. I just checked on the website and now it only lists attendants at Y&BC and GF. Has anyone rented one at Contemporary lately that can confirm you no longer have an attendant?

I've rented a cabana at the Contemporary two times in the past and each of those times we had an attendant take our orders and such. I just checked on the website and now it only lists attendants at Y&BC and GF. Has anyone rented one at Contemporary lately that can confirm you no longer have an attendant?

Lately for me was last fall, but there was an attendant at the time. The same attendant that would walk around the pool servicing all guests.

Last trip to CR for us was in March (no cabana that time) and I’m trying to remember if there was a pool attendant around. I’m pretty sure there was, but my memory is not screaming out that there was one either.

Hopefully someone with more recent experience will chime in.

Yes there is a resort launch that runs the Bay Lake loop between the CR, WL, FW and then back around to CR. Please note the boats don't run if there is lightning in the area.

Dave

And allow yourselves extra times - boats being boats - they can run behind.

One time we were an hour & a half late to Whispering Canyon Cafe because we had an ECV - and not all boats could support an ECV. We had to wait for a boat to take us over there. We were smart after dinner - made sure they radio'd ahead for our boat.

They still seated us though. :)

Nowadays - we could solve that problem by calling for a Minnie Handi Van :)

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/incr...-rooms-pop-up-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/
Hmmm....

While the style of the carpet, doors, patterns, door signs, etc looks awesome.... I'm not a fan of the Incredibles part of the themeing at all.

Please oh please let it just be some test that never gets beyond the research phase. Upgraded rooms and style, yes... Incredibles, no. Pretty please Disney.

(With apologies to the Incredibles fans, just would hate to see my beloved CR become an IP-driven theme)

Last edited:
I can't post the link here but I saw some pics of the outside and hallway of two "test rooms" they've evidently built at CR with an Incredibles theme. While the style of the carpet, doors, patterns, door signs, etc looks awesome.... I'm not a fan of the Incredibles part of the themeing at all.

Please oh please let it just be some test that never gets beyond the research phase. Upgraded rooms and style, yes... Incredibles, no. Pretty please Disney.

(With apologies to the Incredibles fans, just would hate to see my beloved CR become an IP-driven theme)

I saw that too and it worried me since I've yet to stay here but I definitely didn't want an Incredibles overlay. I think that's the reason it's one of my favorite resorts to visit, the sophistication and modernism which I don't get when I think of the Incredibles.

I saw that too and it worried me since I've yet to stay here but I definitely didn't want an Incredibles overlay. I think that's the reason it's one of my favorite resorts to visit, the sophistication and modernism which I don't get when I think of the Incredibles.

Totally agree. Found a link I can post and edited mine above, for those curious what we're talking about.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/incr...-rooms-pop-up-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/
Hmmm....

While the style of the carpet, doors, patterns, door signs, etc looks awesome.... I'm not a fan of the Incredibles part of the themeing at all.

(With apologies to the Incredibles fans, just would hate to see my beloved CR become an IP-driven theme)20190818_180256.jpg
I took this pic this afternoon, must be those rooms I would think20190818_180256.jpg

Hmmm....

I see your point, and wouldn't ever say I'd be looking for Incredibles or any character-specific rooms at any resort, let alone the CR. But I kind of love the photos in your link. If that's the extent of the Incredibles theming, I think I'd be ok with it.

After a 4 year hiatus from Disney, beginning to plan for a trip. Always wanted to stay at the Contemporary after my first trip as a child in 1979! Starting to read thru all the great info posted here but have a quick question which I am sure is answered here somewhere- how is the noise in the tower? I've read that Chef Mickey can generate more noise than the monorail and to request a room away from that end- how do you go about making that request? Thanks!

So we are booked mid October MK view, in the towers.
The DH has been tracking prices since we booked this vacation almost 10 months ago.
Finally, it paid off.
He checked himself and the price came down.
We just had our TA call and check the price...........................Yes we got $450 off our 6 night stay from the original booking price.

It pays to keep track of your prices.

Now tomorrow let's hope he is as lucky, we book our FP's.

Safe travels.

Just got back from a three night stay in the main tower theme park view. I was a little nervous because of some of the online reviews saying this hotel wasn't all that special. That was all bunk because this resort is totally special. We had an amazing time and really loved it. Plus we had a beautiful view - the best in Walt Disney World!

OMG, this resort is our home resort - best kept secret ever. Let them all think is isn't special, by all means :-)

Hmmm....

I agree with you 100%, but Disney can't seem to win. The biggest complaint some people have about CR and BLT is the lack of theming and "sterile" environment. I personally love it and find it a nice break from the parks. The nice thing about WDW is there is something for everyone.

Truly my favorite place on planet Earth is the Contemporary Resort. I'm serious. If I were asked where would I like to be, that's it.

I can't explain why, it's just fact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!