Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

After a 4 year hiatus from Disney, beginning to plan for a trip. Always wanted to stay at the Contemporary after my first trip as a child in 1979! Starting to read thru all the great info posted here but have a quick question which I am sure is answered here somewhere- how is the noise in the tower? I've read that Chef Mickey can generate more noise than the monorail and to request a room away from that end- how do you go about making that request? Thanks!

Chef Mickey's can make it noisy on the south side of the tower, but on the occasions we've stayed there we've kind of enjoyed the sounds. The noise is of course during mealtimes (which are extensive).

Do an internet search on "Walt Disney World room requests" and you will find a bunch of tips on how to make them.

In my request, which was done through Touring Plans, I included "away from Chef Mickey's" in my description and was given a room on the highest floor at the opposite end from Chef Mickey's. It was overlooking the shops. It was really quiet.

I agree. Why put a scrim on the outside, but not on the inside? Maybe gauging the public's response of the possible theme/look?
The images don't show the same rooms. More research is needed to know what is really up at the CR.

The 2 test rooms are at the end of the hallway over Chef Mickey's from the images posted at blogmickey.com. The picture posted by @rosie49ers80 is not at the end of the building.

incredibles-test-room-contemporary-disney-1-1024x682.jpg

20190818_180256.jpg

Dave

The images don't show the same rooms. More research is needed to know what is really up at the CR.

The 2 test rooms are at the end of the hallway over Chef Mickey's from the images posted at blogmickey.com. The picture posted by @rosie49ers80 is not at the end of the building.

View attachment 427605

View attachment 427606

Dave
The tweet @GADisneyDad14 shared showed the Incredibles test rooms have a film over the railings and I think a possible film on the exterior glass. Agreed we do not know what is going on. It’s strange to see Disney would keep that open mess guest facing from the atrium and monorail when everything is usually hush hush.

Just booked a Contemporary Atrium Club Level theme park view for 4 nights mid July for DH and I to take DGD (she will be 6 yrs old) for her first Disney trip. Thinking most of the trip will be in MK so looking forward to not dealing with lots of Disney transportation. Am I making a good resort choice?

Just booked a Contemporary Atrium Club Level theme park view for 4 nights mid July for DH and I to take DGD (she will be 6 yrs old) for her first Disney trip. Thinking most of the trip will be in MK so looking forward to not dealing with lots of Disney transportation. Am I making a good resort choice?

CR CL may not be the best CL, but it’s one of our favorites. Absolutely love it there - both the resort and Atrium Club.

Happy to answer any questions.

Glad to hear you say that GADisneyDad. It has been a few years since I have stayed there. I remember the lounge being nice and spacious, food being enjoyable. Excited to try it again.

Glad to hear you say that GADisneyDad. It has been a few years since I have stayed there. I remember the lounge being nice and spacious, food being enjoyable. Excited to try it again.

It’s no BWI CL in terms of the food though! ;)

Honestly the breakfast is what we get the most out of the lounge when it comes to food. Quite a few times we are not back for midday but did enjoy a couple of afternoons in the lounge. We enjoy the evening offerings but only to sample as we like trying a couple of different restaurants every year, hitting our regulars like Flying Fish, and grabbing pizza on the Boardwalk. We rarely are in the lounge for cordials and desserts although I will make an exception at the Contemporary for the view!:goodvibes

Hi! I have a question about bus transportation. Does the contemporary and BLT share with another resort? From what I've read it sometimes shares with Wilderness Lodge. If it does do they pick up at contemporary 1st? Also are buses always jam packed at park openings and closings?

I ask because my husband takes an ecv and absolutely hates taking buses when they are full. He feels like everyone is staring or thinking negatively about him since he's a bigger guy but also has a disability. He's trying to talk me into Minnie buses for our December trip but those sound expensive and could take up to 60min for an ecv one.
Thanks!

We were there last week and the only bus we took was to DHS which shared with Wilderness Lodge. First thing in the morning there was a cast member there at the bus stop and two scooters pulled up to the line after he had everyone line up for the approaching bus. He told them they would have to wait since the large crowd had been there a while but he would call for another bus and they would be the first ones on the next bus.

Well, just booked a one night stay in a Bay Lake View room to bookend our stay at BC for Wine & Dine. Had wanted to add a day on, but haven't had any luck and got a great rate at CR. DH is excited since it's his favorite! Plus, there are EMH till 11pm at MK that night so we can just walk back to the room. Very excited to be back at our favorite resort, even if it's only for one night!

Apologies, I tried to use the search function to find the answer to my question, but haven't had any luck.

Can you use the Dining Plan to get room service at the Contemporary Resort?

Apologies, I tried to use the search function to find the answer to my question, but haven't had any luck.

Can you use the Dining Plan to get room service at the Contemporary Resort?
You can but it is 2 table service credits so use it wisely.

Well, just booked a one night stay in a Bay Lake View room to bookend our stay at BC for Wine & Dine. Had wanted to add a day on, but haven't had any luck and got a great rate at CR. DH is excited since it's his favorite! Plus, there are EMH till 11pm at MK that night so we can just walk back to the room. Very excited to be back at our favorite resort, even if it's only for one night!

Nice! Good to see MK Evening EMH back.

Does anyone know if you can buy yo baby in the Fantasia Market? Also does anyone happen to know the price of whole milk and bottled water? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!