Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Our first stay at the CR is in a month and today I received an email reminding me to do online check-in. Is there any downside to checking in this way? I have 2 rooms and only requested that they are connecting at the time I made the reservation many months ago.

Dansdad answered your question, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy the CR :wizard:.

I have two rooms reserved in the main tower for the beginning of March. When should I request that I would like connecting rooms? What are my chances of getting them?

Thanks

I don’t know about chances...I have in the same request for two rooms later this month. I requested at the time I reserved. I called last week to add a pack and play and confirmed that my request was on record and it was.

From these boards I have learned not to confuse the assigners by making multiple requests. Even though I prefer a higher floor and away from Chef Mickey’s etc. I kept my one request to connecting rooms.

If you have two separate reservations, you could add "Traveling with Res #" to both reservations.

Room assignments can be so hit or miss...We stayed last month up on the Atrium Club level and requested to be down near the castle (Like 4846-4848) and we were assigned 4827...About as opposite as you can get...We talked directly to the club level folks, made the request on the reservation, and even had Touring Plans submit a faxed room request.....

I would definitely talk to the front desk on arrival, depending what time you get in of course. I have not stayed at CR in a very long time, but I have most recently stayed at BLT. I put in a room request when booking and also through touring plans a few weeks before arrival. My room wasn’t ready when we got to the resort but I went to the front desk to make sure they had my request on file. They couldn’t match my exact request but I did get part of it and ended up with an even better view. Good luck!

Really sorry if I've missed them, but any updates on the "Incredibles" makeover for some rooms? And, were these theme-park view rooms?

Really sorry if I've missed them, but any updates on the "Incredibles" makeover for some rooms? And, were these theme-park view rooms?

The test rooms they did were on the Bay Lake side. I have not heard or seen anything else about it.

Is it pretty rare to get in to BLT before 4? We land at 1:20, taking Tiffany Cars over. I assume we'll arrive well before 4. Curious what I should plan/not plan. :) TIA

PS. First stay at BLT, usually do CR.
1 bdrm lake view, kind of excited to try something new. :)

Is it pretty rare to get in to BLT before 4? We land at 1:20, taking Tiffany Cars over. I assume we'll arrive well before 4. Curious what I should plan/not plan. :) TIA

It may depend on when your trip is. If during a busier DVC time, getting into the unit early might be hard. But 3PM or so might be possible.

It may depend on when your trip is. If during a busier DVC time, getting into the unit early might be hard. But 3PM or so might be possible.
Saturday March 14th. I am guessing it'll be busier.
I think I'll plan to just walk over to MK to kill time. :)

Saturday March 14th. I am guessing it'll be busier.
I think I'll plan to just walk over to MK to kill time. :)
I stayed in Nov and my room was ready at 2:30. We were in a 2 bedroom. We arrived around 12, went to the front desk to make sure they had the room request on file then we changed into bathing suits and went to the pool for the afternoon. Have fun!

I have a question about the TPV tower rooms that I hope someone can answer. We stayed in one of these rooms back in 2008 when our kids were little, and it was my favorite Disney resort experience to date. I loved the view so much, and now my husband and I have our 20th anniversary and first trip without the kids planned in September. I have this memory of watching the electrical water pageant in the lagoon sometime before or after the fireworks. Another DIS member had a TPV room and could not see the water pageant. I am wondering if I am having a false memory of this? Can someone confirm whether or not you can really see the water pageant from any of the theme park view rooms? Thanks for your help!

I have a question about the TPV tower rooms that I hope someone can answer. We stayed in one of these rooms back in 2008 when our kids were little, and it was my favorite Disney resort experience to date. I loved the view so much, and now my husband and I have our 20th anniversary and first trip without the kids planned in September. I have this memory of watching the electrical water pageant in the lagoon sometime before or after the fireworks. Another DIS member had a TPV room and could not see the water pageant. I am wondering if I am having a false memory of this? Can someone confirm whether or not you can really see the water pageant from any of the theme park view rooms? Thanks for your help!
Last year, my room was really close to the MK end (not Chef Mickey) and I could not see the eclectic water pageant. Years prior when I had a lake view, I could see it.

Last year, my room was really close to the MK end (not Chef Mickey) and I could not see the eclectic water pageant. Years prior when I had a lake view, I could see it.

Thanks for the response! This makes sense and solves the mystery.

We've stayed at BLT 3 times and have gotten in before 4 two out of 3 times - once at 1:00pm and once at 11:30am. The other time the room was ready about 4:15. So basically it has been all over the place for us!

Hi everyone. I’m mulling over a possible solo weekend trip over 7/4 because it’s a 3 day weekend for me (thanks civil service!) and am trying to find out pros and cons for each of the monorail resorts. Looking at CR primarily for ease of access to MK but also like many, TPV has been a bucket list item since I was a kid. I’m wondering about views of the special fireworks though, since I know they’re not just over MK. Also, what kinds of special activities are there at CR for the 4th?

I asked this on the transportation board as well, but does anyone know what they do for transportation from the Contemporary to EPCOT when the monorail is down for planned construction? Is a bus provided directly to EPCOT? Or are we stuck going to the TTC? Thanks!

It should be a bus to Epcot. How it is shared would be my main question - may go direct, may share with WL - hard to say from my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter