Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed in the Garden Wing when they called it the South Wing (BLT wasn't built yet). We thought the room was great for the three of us. Two queen beds and a day bed. Plus it was pretty large, plenty of room. Didn't have to wait long for an elevator since the wing building isn't nearly as tall as the main building or we could just use the stairs. It was a quick walk (maybe five minutes or less) to the main building or to the bus stop. Save the $1K and use it for something else for as seed for your next trip.
Agree. We love the garden wing. All the perks of the tower at a fraction of the cost!!

Our get away is getting closer and closer, and cannot wait.

We love the tower and again have a Magic Kingdom view. We only get to Disney World once a year (due to other commitments) so for us the extra cost is worth it.

Last year we were extra spoiled with pixie dust by our room attendant.....................she left so many surprises for us (adults), that we could not be happier.

And if our daughter was with us she would have posted all the pics on fb.

It was always fun coming back at night to see what we would see.

Hope she is still there.

Safe travels.

Hi Contemporary experts! I need some advice.

We are staying eight nights at the Contemporary in January in a standard garden wing room. As you probably know, the discounts for that time were released today; however, our room type does not qualify. We do, however, have the option of upgrading to the main tower (Lake view) for about $1000 more. Theme park view is even more. Not interested in switching resorts.

I’m torn. $1k is a good chunk of change we could spend elsewhere, but we will be there for a pretty long stay and I’m wondering the added convenience is worth it.
If you’ve stayed at the Contemporary, particularly in the garden wing, I’d love to hear your thoughts! We need to decide soon. Kids are 7, 4, 4
I have not stayed in the garden wing, only the tower, so i can't be as much help as you would need, but I will tell you my thoughts from that perspective. if I would afford the $1000 without it disrupting my life at all and could just pay it off and not let it sit on a cc and gain interest, etc I would do it in a heartbeat. The views from the tower are amazing (both sides are amazing), and (to me) it doesn't really feel like you are in the contemporary if you are in one of the wings. Walking our of your room to the concourse view, and the views from the balcony make the CR for me. Otherwise the theme isn't really my cup of tea, but it works there. When we walk over to do laundry in the wing it always felt kind of dingy and not part of the resort. However, and this is a big one, those rooms are often the cheapest way to stay at a monorail resort, and if i wanted to stay in that area and couldn't swing a different room I would definitely do it. Plus you still get the other best thing about the resort (beside the views), the walk to the MK.

When is BLT expected to get a refurb? Just returned from staying in room 8024 on the 10th floor TPV and the room looked horrible. All the furniture was badly scratched, the fridge looked like it had been kicked multiple times, handprints all over the windows, etc...

When is BLT expected to get a refurb? Just returned from staying in room 8024 on the 10th floor TPV and the room looked horrible. All the furniture was badly scratched, the fridge looked like it had been kicked multiple times, handprints all over the windows, etc...
Full renovation won't be until after 2022.

Hi Contemporary experts! I need some advice.

We are staying eight nights at the Contemporary in January in a standard garden wing room. As you probably know, the discounts for that time were released today; however, our room type does not qualify. We do, however, have the option of upgrading to the main tower (Lake view) for about $1000 more. Theme park view is even more. Not interested in switching resorts.

I’m torn. $1k is a good chunk of change we could spend elsewhere, but we will be there for a pretty long stay and I’m wondering the added convenience is worth it.
If you’ve stayed at the Contemporary, particularly in the garden wing, I’d love to hear your thoughts! We need to decide soon. Kids are 7, 4, 4
For $1k I'd stay in the garden rooms. The rooms are jsut as comfortable as any other and actually even quieter. You also won't have to deal with elevators much at all unless you are looking to make use of a lot of Monorail time. You are closer to the boat launch, the pool, and you don't need elevators to use the bus system or to walk to the Magic Kingdom.

Your only convenience missed out is quick proximity to the resort dining. I don't remember if they have a drink refill at the pool or not if you do the length of stay mugs. View worth is subjective. If you aren't in the room, does it matter that much?

I agree when people say where they book their rooms. You have to get what you like and in your comfort zone.

We are vacationers that used to stay at the GF. But, we hated walking to the outer buildings, rain, wind ---just got old having to walk to get a simple cup of coffee.

So we said, let us try the CR...................love the towers, love the view........and yes we had to wait for one or two elevators at times, but that does not deter us.

This will be our third fall here.................

The snack area for coffee is so much more convenient.

11 days and counting.

Safe travels.

When reserving a cabana at CR can you specify which pool you want to be near? It looks like there are two by the larger pool and two by the smaller round pool (is that a baby pool?)

When reserving a cabana at CR can you specify which pool you want to be near? It looks like there are two by the larger pool and two by the smaller round pool (is that a baby pool?)
The round pool by the edge of the lake is the leisure pool and is very deep in the middle, like about 6-8 feet deep. No theming at this pool.

Has anyone ever stayed at BLT or CR over New Year's Eve? What are the hotel activities like? TIA!

Well in less than 24 hours the Magical Express will be dropping us off at the CR.

I can only hope our room is ready like last year.

We have FP's booked in Epcot starting at 2:35 in case of any delays.

Then off to dinner at Le Celier in Canada.

Getting soooooo excited.

Wishing all a safe week.

Take care

We booked garden view in December for me and my husband and my two year old to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We couldn’t afford the the tower, and usually stay at the poly. Will we be disappointed staying in the garden wing? Is there the refillable drink stations close by or only in main tower ?

Packing for our arrival in 3 days!! For anyone who stayed the last couple of weeks, what toiletries are available in the room?? I know things have changed at some resorts recently. Thanks!

We booked garden view in December for me and my husband and my two year old to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We couldn’t afford the the tower, and usually stay at the poly. Will we be disappointed staying in the garden wing? Is there the refillable drink stations close by or only in main tower ?

We haven't stayed at the CR (first stay coming up in Dec), but I think the only refill drink stations are in the main tower. Hopefully others will be able to verify that (or correct me if I'm wrong), as well as compare staying in the tower vs the GW. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Packing for our arrival in 3 days!!

Have a great trip! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!