Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Booked at Contemporary Standard room overlooking MK.

• How many people are able to fit on the balcony?
  • Do they still pump in music onto the TV's for MK's fireworks?
  • How much prettyness/walking space is there at the resort that's somewhat quiet.

Booked at Contemporary Standard room overlooking MK.

• How many people are able to fit on the balcony?
  • Do they still pump in music onto the TV's for MK's fireworks?
  • How much prettyness/walking space is there at the resort that's somewhat quiet.
I’m not sure how many people fit in the balcony but our family of 5 fits comfortably when we watch the fireworks.

The firework music is piped in on channel 105.

You can go for a nice walk along the beach and on the docks...

Good morning! We’ve stayed at all the monorail resorts except BLT. What does everyone think of the pools and beach area? We spend some time at the pools everyday and love to watch the nighttime electric parade.
I’ve watched videos and looked at pictures of the pool areas, but would like honest opinions. It’ll be me, dh and our 7 year old daughter.

Good morning! We’ve stayed at all the monorail resorts except BLT. What does everyone think of the pools and beach area? We spend some time at the pools everyday and love to watch the nighttime electric parade.
I’ve watched videos and looked at pictures of the pool areas, but would like honest opinions. It’ll be me, dh and our 7 year old daughter.
I like it. The pool slide lit up at night is a cool, MICKEY head.

The hottub is in a cozy spot.

Also you can go to CR and use pool there too. (just they cant use blt)

You can go up to any floor except 16. There are large windows and seats by the elevator on every floor. Its fun to check out the view from both banks.

I used to sit on the beach area but our last stay was Jan 2017. It was cold and we didn't have time. Not sure if that is still there with fences that have been added to some resorts.

We have stayed at BLT twice, and love the resort. Our only issue with the BLT pool is it is in full shade in the afternoons. So we always walk over to use the Contemporary pool.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the theme park studio balcony (how many feet across)
thanks

I reserved a cabana at Contemporary. The CM said it is located at "Feature Pool 2" but could not elaborate on what this means. Having never stayed at the CR, can anyone explain what feature pool 2 is and if this is a good location for kids 7 and under?

I would assume that pool 2 is referring to the smaller round pool that looks over the lake. CR is tricky because the pools are not named, but the larger pool is usually called the main pool.

As for if it is good for smaller kids, most people consider it the unofficial quiet pool. Whether that is good or bad depends on your kids.

I would assume that pool 2 is referring to the smaller round pool that looks over the lake. CR is tricky because the pools are not named, but the larger pool is usually called the main pool.

As for if it is good for smaller kids, most people consider it the unofficial quiet pool. Whether that is good or bad depends on your kids.

I asked the CM to confirm that we are not at the BLT pool and she said no - it's the main pool. But she couldn't elaborate on what "feature pool 2" is. I'll look on Google maps and see if I can spot the smaller round pool you are referring to. Thanks.

ETA - my grandkids are not quiet at a pool. They laugh loudly, splash each other and have a good time. If it's an adults-only pool we wouldn't use it of course.

Ok looking at the map I see what you mean about the small round pool. There looks to be only 2 cabanas at the Mickey? shaped pool and 2 cabanas at the small round pool. Wow - thought for a big hotel there would be more. I'll call and ask if we can be at the larger pool so as not to disturb anyone's quiet time:) OTOH, the cabanas are much closer to the water at the small pool which is a plus.

For anyone in future wanting to know...a different, more knowledgeable CM looked it up on a map and clarified for me. "Feature Pool 2" just means the cabana is labeled #2 and it is at the main, Mickey ears pool. The other cabana at that pool is Feature pool #1. (fwiw...he said #2 is closest to the actual pool). The round bullseye pool is called the Bay Lake Pool...not to be confused with the pool at BLT which is Bay Cove Pool. And I've spent WAY too much time on this but I'm happy with the location. :)

I’m glad you were able to get that figured out. Computer systems are one thing Disney consistently can not get right unfortunately. They need to either train cast members better or simplify the record systems.

ETA - my grandkids are not quiet at a pool. They laugh loudly, splash each other and have a good time. If it's an adults-only pool we wouldn't use it of course.

There's no such thing as an adult's only pool at WDW resorts. There's also no such thing as a WDW pool where kids are expected to be quiet. "Quiet" pools are a DIS invented term to describe the pools that don't have the daily pool games. Disney refers to those pools as leisure pools. Just don't want you to worry your grandkids have to be quiet.

It's a much deeper pool than the themed pool. Adults can be up to their neck in that pool.

I’m
I’m just back from a BLT stay and I have no complaints about the pool. The pool is in the shade during the later part of the afternoon but on a really hot day it doesn’t make a difference. My kids are 6 and loved the slide. They also had so many activities at the pool that were usually geared towards children. The pool bar has a diverse menu of cocktails for the adults. The menu at the pool is a bit limited but we made it work. There was never an issue finding chairs, and it’s a close walk to the tower which is nice when you’ve spent the morning walking all over the parks. We spent 4 of our 6 afternoons by the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!