Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Good morning! We’ve stayed at all the monorail resorts except BLT. What does everyone think of the pools and beach area? We spend some time at the pools everyday and love to watch the nighttime electric parade.
I’ve watched videos and looked at pictures of the pool areas, but would like honest opinions. It’ll be me, dh and our 7 year old daughter.
BLT and contemporary have the worst deluxe pools on property. If you are looking for kids splash pads and play areas, they are basic. At BLT it is a splash pad with fountain jets only. The contemporary pool kids splash zone is outside of the main pool area and features a few more implements, but nothing exciting. In December BLT has a shade problem, just too cool to be out there. The slide is nice though. Both pools have afternoon activities. Pools are fine if you want to go for a few hours one day, but if your stay is resort centric with lots of pool time, and you need pool ativities, this resort is not for you.

I recall reading somewhere that you can email specific room requests to the resort. Does anyone have this email address for Bay Lake Tower?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

I recall reading somewhere that you can email specific room requests to the resort. Does anyone have this email address for Bay Lake Tower?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

There is no such email. If booked directly through WDW, you can call the Main Reservations line and add any requests to your reservation. If you are using your own points you'll have to contact Member Services. If you are using someone else's points, they will have to make the requests for you. These requests can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Good morning! We’ve stayed at all the monorail resorts except BLT. What does everyone think of the pools and beach area? We spend some time at the pools everyday and love to watch the nighttime electric parade.
I’ve watched videos and looked at pictures of the pool areas, but would like honest opinions. It’ll be me, dh and our 7 year old daughter.
The BLT pool is very basic and small BUT that is what I love about it. I can sit back and watch my kids swim without having to worry about losing sight of them.

I have just arrived for a nine night stay. We had an early morning flight and arrived at MCO about 9:30. Holy smokes was the line long for ME. Our resort went pretty quickly but at one point we were lined up with A posted 60 minute wait (I couldnt believe the sign...just like in the parks). Very long line to check in at resort. We are staying club level, yet all was done in the lobby. Off to Epcot for adventure!

I have just arrived for a nine night stay. We had an early morning flight and arrived at MCO about 9:30. Holy smokes was the line long for ME. Our resort went pretty quickly but at one point we were lined up with A posted 60 minute wait (I couldnt believe the sign...just like in the parks). Very long line to check in at resort. We are staying club level, yet all was done in the lobby. Off to Epcot for adventure!

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

I too hope you have a wonderful time. I really enjoyed our first stay at the Contemporary earlier this year, wish I was there now!

Does anyone know the dimensions of the theme park studio balcony (how many feet across)
thanks

I don't know, but it is the full width of the studio so I am guessing that it is at least 12 feet or more. The balcony is spacious with 2 chairs and a small table. We were in 8118 and had a lovely view of the castle and fireworks. But, WOW, those studios are SMALL!

The two bedroom 8110/8108 at BLT has to be one of the nicest places to stay in WDW!!!! What an amazing view! It is a lake view, but you see the lake as well as the castle and FIREWORKS!!!!! Spacious and comfortable, this is a magical villa.

My two children and their families just shared this villa and we were all just completely in love with BLT!

Thanks in advance.

Luke

You can also use touring plans to send room requests for you. It worked for us! WE had awesome rooms, just what we wanted. Of course, it doesn't always work that you get your requests. But sometimes you get lucky.

So I never thought it would happen but we are staying at the Contemporary next September. When our kids were young and we'd lug our camper down to Disney we'd stay at Fort Wilderness. It worked best for our family of 7. As the kids have grown and moved away we've been able to try different resorts. Long story shortish, last trip our 17 year old son took was a disaster. He is autistic and as he's gotten older his anxiety has increased. That's all under control and he's ready to go back to WDW. We were originally planning to stay at WL but I priced out a bunch of different resorts for my husband and he said the garden rooms at CR look the nicest to him. I've always wanted to stay at CR and I always thought the garden rooms looked peaceful as we'd go past on the boat. The idea of being able to walk to MK and take a monorail to Epcot was his selling point. Those are the parks we spend most of our time at. We have a garden view and fingers crossed we can get a first floor room but obviously that's a long time off, gives me plenty of time to read through this thread.

ily of 7. As the kids have grown and moved away we've been able to try different resorts. Long story shortish, last trip our 17 year old son took was a disaster. He is autistic and as he's gotten older his anxiety has increased. That's all under control and he's ready to go back to WDW. We were originally planning to stay at WL but I priced out a bunch of different resorts for my husband and he said the garden rooms at CR look the nicest to him. I've always wanted to stay at CR and I always thought the garden rooms looked peaceful as we'd go past on the boat. The idea of being able to walk to MK and take a monorail to Epcot was his selling point. Those are the parks we spenend most of our time at. We have a garden view and fingers crossed we can get a first floor room but obviously that's a long time off, gives me plenty of time to read through this thread.
Sounds great! There are some amazing views in the Garden wing! Right on the water, nice and quiet, but you can still walk to the Magic Kingdom and hopping a bus isn't too bad either. Now that they worked out the baggage check at EPCOT you only have to do security once at the Entrance to the Contemporary Monorail!

Just back from our first stay at CR. We were there for 4 days stayed Atrium CL and it was absolutely amazing! The rooms are huge with plenty of space to spread out. I don't care for the sinks and the shower head wasn't very good, but other than those 2 things, it was a perfect stay. The food offerings were great and were always replenished quickly, the CMs were very friendly and accommodating/helpful, we always received a friendly welcome when getting off elevator/leaving/entering the lounge, and the view from the lounge was spectacular! The CR has never been on our list as the theme/décor doesn't really appeal to us, but I'm glad we finally tried it because we had the best time and enjoyed the resort very much! The CR is not my overall favorite, but it runs a very close second. We will definitely stay there again :).

Hi all; great content in this thread.

I'll be staying at CR in May and am wondering if there is any update to the Incredibles theming that'd been making the rounds. Has this progressed at all? Is there still construction going on / tarps visible on the exterior of the tower? There hasn't been much of anything in terms of news since the initial splash back in August.

I know the aesthetics of the resort could use an update (and as a former CP there in 2012 I was present for some of the decor updates to the beds, etc.) but in all honesty I don't really relish the resort going full-IP. Hoping they don't touch the Mary Blair mosaic, in any case.

Thanks!

Hi all; great content in this thread.

I'll be staying at CR in May and am wondering if there is any update to the Incredibles theming that'd been making the rounds. Has this progressed at all? Is there still construction going on / tarps visible on the exterior of the tower? There hasn't been much of anything in terms of news since the initial splash back in August.

I know the aesthetics of the resort could use an update (and as a former CP there in 2012 I was present for some of the decor updates to the beds, etc.) but in all honesty I don't really relish the resort going full-IP. Hoping they don't touch the Mary Blair mosaic, in any case.

Thanks!
I just stayed at BLT in Nov and didn’t notice any construction at the CR. We had a room with a view of the CR and there was definitely no construction on the lake side. The mosaic was still there on full display. We ate at Chef Mickey’s and were in and out of the main lobby area and didn’t notice anything. I hope they are not changing it to the Incredibles! That resort is iconic to WDW and the MK area (at least to me).

I just stayed at BLT in Nov and didn’t notice any construction at the CR. We had a room with a view of the CR and there was definitely no construction on the lake side. The mosaic was still there on full display. We ate at Chef Mickey’s and were in and out of the main lobby area and didn’t notice anything. I hope they are not changing it to the Incredibles! That resort is iconic to WDW and the MK area (at least to me).
Thanks, Afabena! I appreciate the update and hope you had an awesome visit!

I'm confident that the mosaic will remain for some time, even if an overall Incredibles theme is applied to the interior of the resort. In my humble opinion, it wouldn't seem too out of place among what I've seen of the new carpet and art that was applied outside the test room(s).

Our first stay at the CR is in a month and today I received an email reminding me to do online check-in. Is there any downside to checking in this way? I have 2 rooms and only requested that they are connecting at the time I made the reservation many months ago.

Our first stay at the CR is in a month and today I received an email reminding me to do online check-in. Is there any downside to checking in this way?

Nope.

I have 2 rooms and only requested that they are connecting at the time I made the reservation many months ago.

And doing Online Check In will have zero affect on that request. Just skip the request section during Online Check In.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!