Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

This. I had to stand up for myself one day because there wasn't a line and the driver kept wanting to sit large parties first. I was traveling solo and had been waiting for a bus to HS for more than 20 minutes, and I was the first person to arrive at the bus stop. Other guests knew that I had been waiting the longest and were understanding once I let the driver know, but obviously they weren't complaining when they were being boarded first. I most definitely would not have boarded the bus hadn't I spoken up. This was at the Polynesian.
We always have a car so I usually drive if the bus is the only transportation option. The only exception is if we are not on the monorail is I take the bus to the MK. I don’t like driving there to have to take the tram to TTC and grab a bus or monorail to get to park.

The resort bus waiting areas are just a big seating area. When the bus comes, a lot of people rush to the doors to get on. That can be very annoying when you have been waiting a while and people just walking up get on before you, especially if you don’t get on that bus.

Yeah, I'm afraid if there are a lot of people all waiting to be at HS real early and then it's a messy free for all. But we don't rent a car so we would have to use Lyft

Yeah, I'm afraid if there are a lot of people all waiting to be at HS real early and then it's a messy free for all. But we don't rent a car so we would have to use Lyft
We have always had a car on our trips. Three of our four last trips were on DVC points so we didn’t have to pay for parking on the three.

How has the bus situation been in the morning, particulalry to HS? I read on another thread that people can get unruly because there's no actual 'line' of who gets on the bus first/who has been waiting the longest. Is it better to use Lyft?
Our trip8/19-23 our only issue was to HS. We stayed at CR but had breakfast at poly. It wasnt worth the hassle so dd did a uber.

Reminder resorts do have taxis standing by if time is more important than $.

Otherwise transportation was fast and empty!

With in-room dining unavailable, does anyone have suggestions for places to get dinner to-go to eat in our room? Obviously Contempo Cafe is an option, but is there anywhere else close to Contemporary that allows to-go orders? Any delivery recommendations?

With in-room dining unavailable, does anyone have suggestions for places to get dinner to-go to eat in our room? Obviously Contempo Cafe is an option, but is there anywhere else close to Contemporary that allows to-go orders? Any delivery recommendations?
You can take monorail to Captain Cook’s or Gasparillas.

I know there is no fireworks but since I have a theme park view room, is the castle and space mountain still lit up at night? Will still be nice to look at on balcony

I know there is no fireworks but since I have a theme park view room, is the castle and space mountain still lit up at night? Will still be nice to look at on balcony
Yes! Dd and I kept our curtains open all night to see them too. If you want to see the castle from your bed call and ask to have an odd numbered room noted as a request.

FYI my dates were 8/19-23/ recent.

Does anyone know the current monorail schedule or what time the buses start?
For MK it’s 8:30 am last I saw until 8pm but that could change, then to get from poly/gf/MK/CR they run a bus if eating or shopping on the loop.

Bus times kind of vary. 1 1/2 prior to park opening give or take. If people drive they don’t allow into the parking lot until much closer to park opening,

For MK walking there has an advantage, they temp check 8:15 then walk you to park entrance before 8:30 so in to park well before others.

For MK it’s 8:30 am last I saw until 8pm but that could change, then to get from poly/gf/MK/CR they run a bus if eating or shopping on the loop.

Bus times kind of vary. 1 1/2 prior to park opening give or take. If people drive they don’t allow into the parking lot until much closer to park opening,

For MK walking there has an advantage, they temp check 8:15 then walk you to park entrance before 8:30 so in to park well before others.

Perfect thank you!!!

I'm a bit concerned about the bus to HS. Anyone have experience catching the bus and getting to HS in time to grab a ROTR boarding group?

Yes! Dd and I kept our curtains open all night to see them too. If you want to see the castle from your bed call and ask to have an odd numbered room noted as a request.

FYI my dates were 8/19-23/ recent.
I was actually coming over here to ask whether it's worth it or not to have a TPV since the AP discount has is costing not a lot more than lake view. Think I might do a little upgrade since we aren't getting CL anymore, at least I can look at stuff all lit up.

TPV is nice if you like to view at night or if you want to sit on the balcony in the evening overlooking the MK, GF, and Poly on the Seven Seas Lagoon. The balcony on the TPV side can be extremely hot during the afternoon - early evenings most of the year.

The Bay lake views are great for sunrise viewing from the balcony and it is also nice in the late afternoon once the sun has gone over the tower to provide some shade.

Dave

TPV is nice if you like to view at night or if you want to sit on the balcony in the evening overlooking the MK, GF, and Poly on the Seven Seas Lagoon. The balcony on the TPV side can be extremely hot during the afternoon - early evenings most of the year.

The Bay lake views are great for sunrise viewing from the balcony and it is also nice in the late afternoon once the sun has gone over the tower to provide some shade.

Dave
Well, we were theme parks side at BLT in May last year and found we were in the room during that time of day. This year we’re at CR at Christmas, so maybe we’ll enjoy the heat....and probably won’t be in our room during that time of day anyway. Can’t beat looking at the park lit up at night, fireworks or not, i was just for some reason worried it wasn’t lit up as usual since I have yet to be in the area at night.

Well, we were theme parks side at BLT in May last year and found we were in the room during that time of day. This year we’re at CR at Christmas, so maybe we’ll enjoy the heat....and probably won’t be in our room during that time of day anyway. Can’t beat looking at the park lit up at night, fireworks or not, i was just for some reason worried it wasn’t lit up as usual since I have yet to be in the area at night.
It was lit in August and I have a Blt in October so I will let you know. I also have a maybe GF early December, trust me if the park is not lit I will be here complaining, you’ll know in advance😂

It was lit in August and I have a Blt in October so I will let you know. I also have a maybe GF early December, trust me if the park is not lit I will be here complaining, you’ll know in advance😂
Oh I know you’ll let us know lol. I tried upgrading to TPV yesterday and there was a technical glitch after my payment. So it said my reservation was made but payment (the different between the two deposits) didn’t go through so to call a number. I call and it’s ticketing.....even though I was booking a room *sigh*. Got an email shortly after saying it would be reviewed and I would be notified at a later date regarding the status of my reservation. Card has way more than enough money on it so I know it’s not on my end, so I go and switch it back to lake view. I’ll try again for TPV in a little while when my kids are done with their school stuff 😑

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter