Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back this weekend from my first stay at CSR. Had requested Cabanas 8A and got a notification my room wasn't ready when I landed at the airport. By the time we got to the hotel they had a room for us, but it was in Ranchos 7A. We took that room and the refurbished rooms are very nice. I have no prior stays here to compare it too, but I loved it. While we were far away from El Centro and the Dig Site, the resort did not seem as big as I thought it would. Also, construction was only really noticeable when on the bus or walking across the lake. Never loud noises heard from the rooms. I would definitely stay here again if I came across another great deal.

Just got back this weekend from my first stay at CSR. Had requested Cabanas 8A and got a notification my room wasn't ready when I landed at the airport. By the time we got to the hotel they had a room for us, but it was in Ranchos 7A. We took that room and the refurbished rooms are very nice. I have no prior stays here to compare it too, but I loved it. While we were far away from El Centro and the Dig Site, the resort did not seem as big as I thought it would. Also, construction was only really noticeable when on the bus or walking across the lake. Never loud noises heard from the rooms. I would definitely stay here again if I came across another great deal.

I'm hoping to stay in one of the Cabanas rooms in March (here's hoping more are refurbed by then!). About how long did it take to walk from 8A to El Centro?

I advised my cousin (over 18 months ago) to stay at CSR, well before any demolitions occurred or were planned. They were going to go then but changed their mind and didn't reach back out until they booked this trip. They're traveling in November. They've previously stayed at the Poly but wanted a more affordable option. I feel sort of bad letting them know about the construction. I guess ranchos is the best area to request now? I'm going to let them know to request a renovated room at least.

Thanks for any help!

I'm booked for CSR the first week of December. Can anyone tell me if the Casitas, 1 - 3 buildings are all preferred rooms or are there any rooms in those buildings that aren't preferred? I stayed at CSR a few years ago and I believe it was building 3, and I didn't book a "preferred room," but was still in that building. I don't know if they've changed it though so that now all rooms in buildings 1 - 3 are preferred...?? Can anyone help me with this answer?? Thank you!!! ~ Desiree

I'm booked for CSR the first week of December. Can anyone tell me if the Casitas, 1 - 3 buildings are all preferred rooms or are there any rooms in those buildings that aren't preferred? I stayed at CSR a few years ago and I believe it was building 3, and I didn't book a "preferred room," but was still in that building. I don't know if they've changed it though so that now all rooms in buildings 1 - 3 are preferred...?? Can anyone help me with this answer?? Thank you!!! ~ Desiree

Basically 1 and 3 have King, Preferred and Water View with 2 having King and Preferred. There may be some suites in there but that's basically it.

Are there any "secrets" we should know about for when we get there in a month?

Any special food or bar menu items that are only found here that we need to try during ours stay?

Is CS the most popular Mod? I love the look of the rooms and would really love to stay there for part of our trip. We need a Jr Suite and there has been zero availability since I began searching a few months ago! Are they renovating a large chunk of the rooms? We are traveling early March of 2018 (flexible dates) and I'm crossing my fingers that a room will open up for us. TY!

Is CS the most popular Mod? I love the look of the rooms and would really love to stay there for part of our trip. We need a Jr Suite and there has been zero availability since I began searching a few months ago! Are they renovating a large chunk of the rooms? We are traveling early March of 2018 (flexible dates) and I'm crossing my fingers that a room will open up for us. TY!
I'm not a CSR expert (our first time there will be in December) but I am thinking that since they tore down 9b to build the tower that alot of the jr suites are gone until the tower is built. Have you priced out 2 connecting rooms?? Most of the time it can be less expensive and still give you the sleeping room and 2 bathrooms you need.

I'm so excited! I just booked a week in July 2018, for my first stay at CSR. I'm planning my non-park days already, and I have a spa question.

My friend and I tried Senses this past summer and we loved it. We enjoyed the snack/beverage bar, as we sat all cozy in our robes while we waited. And I especially liked how we were encouraged to take our time after the massage. No rush at all.

Tell me what you love about the spa at CSR, and if you've been to Senses, how do they compare?

I'm not a CSR expert (our first time there will be in December) but I am thinking that since they tore down 9b to build the tower that alot of the jr suites are gone until the tower is built. Have you priced out 2 connecting rooms?? Most of the time it can be less expensive and still give you the sleeping room and 2 bathrooms you need.

It will be just me traveling with four kids (11 and under). I can't risk rooms that don't connect. Believe me, things would be so much easier if Disney guaranteed connecting rooms!

It will be just me traveling with four kids (11 and under). I can't risk rooms that don't connect. Believe me, things would be so much easier if Disney guaranteed connecting rooms!
I may be wrong, but I thought I read on one of these boards that you would definitely get connecting rooms if your children were under a certain age (maybe under 15?). Maybe call the main reservation number and ask. Let them know that the children would be in a room by themselves and I'm sure they will help you. This may have to be your only request but I can't believe they would ever separate kids from the parents without a connecting room.

We have booked a king room for our honeymoon next September. We would like it to be quiet and top floor refurbished. tourist plans suggest we get a king room in casita and according to their room finder they have amazing views. What's the likelihood of getting that from 24h September next year? no sure how many conventions they have in September/ October

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter