Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Never stayed here before but considering it now. I come In May. What building should I request If I want A newly renovated room. Are there new rooms close to the pool or bus stop?
Casita 1, 2, and 3 (preferred rooms), Rancho 7a or cabana 8a. The only way to guarantee a room at this time is by booking preferred.

Just started considering a stay at CSR for October of this year, and I'm curious what the construction/refurb timeline looks like? Can someone let me know where they are now and what is left to be done? I haven't been following at all. Thanks!

You should check out the Coronado Springs Buzz page on Facebook. There is a document that is kept up to date with what has been completed so far and tons of info on the page about CSR. We will be there in October for the second time. Love it!

Casita 1, 2, and 3 (preferred rooms), Rancho 7a or cabana 8a. The only way to guarantee a room at this time is by booking preferred.
I just booked a king preferred room. Does this mean I’ll be in Casita 1,2, or 3 & the room will definitely be updated?

We are going at the end of March. The online check in request thingie only allowed me to request cabana. Are we going to be ok there?

Is it only 8A in cabanas that is refurbed? Booked a water view room and there are no preferred rooms left for our dates...sigh

Considering a stay this October. Two CSR questions!

1. Any pool or El Centro refurbishments slated for this year? The building refurbishments don't bother me, but I'd hate for the Dig Site or El Centro to be out of commission.

2. Does anyone have insight on October 2018 conventions? I do belong to a certain blog's Facebook group but nothing is currently listed for October. Does the Gartner Symposium still occur, and if so, when is it usually?

Thanks in advance!

I know theres a lot of construction talk here at the moment. I appreciate its only guess work at the moment, however judging from the progress made so far etc, does anyone have any idea when room refurbishments around the resort will be 100% complete? (Besides the tower construction, just room refurbs)

Thanks! :)

I know theres a lot of construction talk here at the moment. I appreciate its only guess work at the moment, however judging from the progress made so far etc, does anyone have any idea when room refurbishments around the resort will be 100% complete? (Besides the tower construction, just room refurbs)

Thanks! :)
Well, if I remember correctly, they started the room refurbishments October 2016. It's been taking approximately 3-4 months per building. They have completed 5 buildings and still have 7 buildings to refurbish. It's supposed to be completed at the same as the tower is completed - summer 2019.

Considering a stay this October. Two CSR questions!

1. Any pool or El Centro refurbishments slated for this year? The building refurbishments don't bother me, but I'd hate for the Dig Site or El Centro to be out of commission.

2. Does anyone have insight on October 2018 conventions? I do belong to a certain blog's Facebook group but nothing is currently listed for October. Does the Gartner Symposium still occur, and if so, when is it usually?

Thanks in advance!
1. Nothing announced yet.
2. Gartner is Oct 14-18, but CSR is not one of the hotels. It's the boardwalk hotels: BC, YC, BWI, Swan and Dolphin.

Reviews on trip advisor are ripping this resort pretty badly. They are saying long lines, major issues with non-refurbished rooms, poor service, and it is understaffed. I was planning to book a preferred room for April but I'm starting to think it will be an overcrowded resort packed with people who don't want to stay at CBR and a tower that is under construction which dominates the view of the resort. I just want to have comfortable experience somewhere that is also beautiful and scenic.

Reviews on trip advisor are ripping this resort pretty badly. They are saying long lines, major issues with non-refurbished rooms, poor service, and it is understaffed. I was planning to book a preferred room for April but I'm starting to think it will be an overcrowded resort packed with people who don't want to stay at CBR and a tower that is under construction which dominates the view of the resort. I just want to have comfortable experience somewhere that is also beautiful and scenic.
Don't listen to trip advisor! I have heard a lot of people say they have inaccurate reviews! Read a lot of reviews on here from people who have been there recently. Also, if you book a preferred room, all of those rooms have been refurbished already. I was there the beginning of this month and the construction was not an issue at all. Now, they hadn't started the restaurant in the middle of the lake yet but that's a smaller project so I wouldn't think it would be too bad. We had great service with the buses and didn't feel crowded at all. The great thing about CSR is how large the resort is, it spreads people out!

Trip Advisor reviews are not kind for any WDW resort. I had the same fears and almost switched before our 1st stay at CBR. I am so glad we didn't switch as it is our favorite Moderate by far and 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW. We have friends at CSR right now and they reported back today that they are loving the resort. Buses, food, room and CMs have all been great.

Don't listen to trip advisor! I have heard a lot of people say they have inaccurate reviews! Read a lot of reviews on here from people who have been there recently. Also, if you book a preferred room, all of those rooms have been refurbished already. I was there the beginning of this month and the construction was not an issue at all. Now, they hadn't started the restaurant in the middle of the lake yet but that's a smaller project so I wouldn't think it would be too bad. We had great service with the buses and didn't feel crowded at all. The great thing about CSR is how large the resort is, it spreads people out!

Trip Advisor reviews are not kind for any WDW resort. I had the same fears and almost switched before our 1st stay at CBR. I am so glad we didn't switch as it is our favorite Moderate by far and 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW. We have friends at CSR right now and they reported back today that they are loving the resort. Buses, food, room and CMs have all been great.

Indeed! It seems reviews on TA are pretty brutal. Disgruntled folks are much more likely to post reviews.

However, I will say that I just saw a pic of the construction and it seems more obtrusive. The tower seems more obvious and there's construction equipment around the lake (I guess where the restaurant is going). But, Everything else seems to be operating OK: all pools, all restaurants, all bars, fitness center, etc. so I think. It's going to be a OK. Keeping an eye on the construction though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter