Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but the only way to guarantee Casitas is to book preferred. If we booked standard, we'd have to request Casitas. We tried that once before and ended up in Cabanas, and were told there was a group on-site occupying most of the rooms in Casitas so we could not be placed there. Just trying to gauge how many people feel the newly refurbished rooms, and proximity to El Centro as well as the first bus stop are worth an extra $700.
That's right! If you want to guarantee Casitas, you would need to book preferred.

For how many days is that $700? I bet you could almost upgrade to AKL or WL for that much and not deal with the construction.

For how many days is that $700? I bet you could almost upgrade to AKL or WL for that much and not deal with the construction.

Its for 7 nights. I checked into AKL and WL and no standard rooms available at either, so it would be a lot more than it would be to stay in a CSR preferred room.

$100/night extra would not be worth it to me. Casitas are my favorite, but we were in Ranchos last trip and it was perfectly nice. We had an old room, but I liked the old rooms anyway, it was the second bus stop to get on/off and we didn't have any issues with that.

Its for 7 nights. I checked into AKL and WL and no standard rooms available at either, so it would be a lot more than it would be to stay in a CSR preferred room.

$100/night extra would not be worth it to me. Casitas are my favorite, but we were in Ranchos last trip and it was perfectly nice. We had an old room, but I liked the old rooms anyway, it was the second bus stop to get on/off and we didn't have any issues with that.
I agree. We upgraded to Preferred last year at POR, but I think it was less than $40/night. I can't remember the exact amount, but it was much less than $100. For $100/night, i personally would opt to eat at a Signature instead of a TS.

And depending on when you go, there is work going on at Casitas right now (Casitas 4) and Casitas 5 is next, so you would be wedged between the tower construction and the Casitas refurbishments. The work just started on Casitas 4, so they will probably be done with 4 in June and start work then on 5. They may be done in October with Casitas 5, so it may be OK for your trip.

Just booked a mommy daughter trip for mid April! Staying at CSR and happy to have gotten a decent deal on a room this late in the game!

Stayed at POR before and didnt love the loop around the resort for bussing to theme parks. We like to get on and go- even if that would mean walking through the resort to a different stop. Any tips on which stop would have the shortest in resort ride? If that makes sense :D

Just booked a mommy daughter trip for mid April! Staying at CSR and happy to have gotten a decent deal on a room this late in the game!

Stayed at POR before and didnt love the loop around the resort for bussing to theme parks. We like to get on and go- even if that would mean walking through the resort to a different stop. Any tips on which stop would have the shortest in resort ride? If that makes sense :D

El Centro would be the last stop before heading to the parks. :)

I wanted to post a follow up. I had asked about the mini fridges for keeping medicine in, and I can now say don’t depend on them.

I wouldn’t even keep food in the fridge we had. It was registering close to 70 degrees. We had a renovated room with a new fridge. They even sent maintenance to look at ours, who did nothing but say it’s working properly. I was like 70 degrees is room temperature, even food would spoil at that temp, and they were like well it’s not broken, so we don’t know what to tell you.

We ended up taking the medicine to Bell Services. Their fridge is kept between 36 and 46 degrees which is what we needed, and with the exception of me being very nervous about it, it went smoothly.

I’m still in awe that they tried to convince me 70 degrees was a normal temp for a fridge, but I wasn’t going to argue the point with them in the middle of the night as our flight got in late, and I wasn’t sure even an actual working fridge was going to fall between the 36 to 46 degree temp we needed. Any hotter or colder and the medicine would have been ruined.

That's right! If you want to guarantee Casitas, you would need to book preferred.

I called last night and tried to purchase a preferred room at CSR for our stay and none were available. I had a heart to heart with my husband and we agreed that the construction was too much for us so I called back and moved us to a preferred room a POR. I just don't want to deal with the noise and chaos of construction on my vacation in the hopes that we would maybe get a decent room at CSR. I feel a lot better even though my wallet is a bit lighter than I had hoped.

And depending on when you go, there is work going on at Casitas right now (Casitas 4) and Casitas 5 is next, so you would be wedged between the tower construction and the Casitas refurbishments. The work just started on Casitas 4, so they will probably be done with 4 in June and start work then on 5. They may be done in October with Casitas 5, so it may be OK for your trip.

Thanks for that info. I haven't been following the tower construction updates too closely. Would the casitas buildings be the closest to the tower construction? Is the construction most intrusive in the casitas area?

Thanks for that info. I haven't been following the tower construction updates too closely. Would the casitas buildings be the closest to the tower construction? Is the construction most intrusive in the casitas area?
So, the tower is being built where the old Cabanas 9B building used to be (there's a good map on Post #2 of this thread). So, on one side Cabanas 9A is immediately to the left, followed by Cabanas 8B. On the other side, there is El Centro, followed by Casitas 1. Ranchos is far away from the Tower construction.

The room renovations are now in Casitas 4 and I've heard that Casitas 5 is next, but we won't know for sure until they start.

I called last night and tried to purchase a preferred room at CSR for our stay and none were available. I had a heart to heart with my husband and we agreed that the construction was too much for us so I called back and moved us to a preferred room a POR. I just don't want to deal with the noise and chaos of construction on my vacation in the hopes that we would maybe get a decent room at CSR. I feel a lot better even though my wallet is a bit lighter than I had hoped.

I haven't been following the tower construction updates too closely.

It's hard to know how things will be months from now. Maybe they will be doing interior work, maybe they will be doing renovations in a different area. Based on what I can see on the vlogs, you cannot see/hear construction from the pool. Also, the restaurants and bars are open. So it seems less obtrusive than the constructions at Poly, CBR, and WL.

But, I also gave it some thought and decided to change my reservation. While it looks pretty good, I was afraid that if I waited until closer to my trip and it became more obtrusive, that the hotels/categories I liked may not be available. I'm still monitoring this thread because I do hope to stay at CSR in the future. I really like the theme and we've never stayed there and we don't mind larger resorts.

I recently saw an article that said the Rix Lounge would be changing to a TS called Rix Sports Bar & Grill in April, however looking back it seems they announced this change awhile ago and the new name is already being used. Does anyone know if the menu is changing/being added to before April? Or will it be the same restaurant just with Adrs now?

We just returned from our stay at CSR. We had a water view room in Casitas 5. They are working on Casitas 4 but it is not intrusive at all. Looking across the lake you can see the cranes and the new building but was not loud and did not detract from our stay. The bus went around the resort fairly quickly. The slowest spot was at El Centro. We stopped at CBR and the construction there was very noticeable. We saved over $500 by staying at CSR over POR. Other than not having a picture perfect view across the lake it was a very nice resort.

I'm staying at CSR for the first time in August and I'm very excited - almost as much as I am for Pandora. I'm on the edge of my seat to find out which buildings are being refurbed next - I really want to snag one of those new rooms.

What are the pool hours? All I can find on the disney website is “pool hours vary by pool and lifeguard availability” and a google search is providing different results (some say 8-midnight and others say 10am-8pm). We are going mid-April if hours are seasonal and that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!
currently 10 am - 8pm

We just came back from a lovely stay at CSR. We didn't make any requests prior, and were assigned 8A, standard view. Observations.... bus system was quite good, better than most of our stays at other resorts. 8A was a perfect location... so close to the bus and main pool and a very short walk to El Centro. Staff were lovely. Refurbed rooms were so nice. Loved the lighting in the bathrooms, and the multitude of plugs with usb ports as well. Loads of storage space. The wifi in the room was a bit spotty at times, not what I've experienced at Disney before. I would never pay extra for a view, especially with the construction. My standard view of the trees in the back was lovely and quiet, compared to the construction view at the front of the building. You can only see the view when you go outside your room, so why pay so much more for a view, really would be a waste of money that could be spent for other things on your vacation. It would be different if you had a private balcony. The food was great at Pepper Market and we couldn't believe how calm everything was in the main building. I would stay here again for sure.

I love CSR! I'm currently booked at POFQ for a week long solo trip at the end of November, but I'm wondering if I should do a split stay between POFQ & Coronado. I'll have my own car so busses don't matter to me....I'm more interested in the water taxi to DS (for adult beverage consumption purposes) from POFQ, but I won't be going there every day. I do love the food court breakfast at CSR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter