Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We booked CSR April 30-May 4 in a Preferred King room. Does anyone know if this will be a renovated room and which buildings are the Preferred rooms?

It's our first time staying at Coronado Springs and we are excited to see the resort! Thanks!!

We booked CSR April 30-May 4 in a Preferred King room. Does anyone know if this will be a renovated room and which buildings are the Preferred rooms?

It's our first time staying at Coronado Springs and we are excited to see the resort! Thanks!!

Casitas 1,2 and 3 are the preferred section and they are all renovated!

What dining options, particularly table service, are open for dinner & breakfast? I can’t seem to find real definitive info for this. Hubby & I just booked a preferred king room for a single night pre-cruise next month. We’ll be arriving after 9pm and probably quite hungry. Then we leave shortly after 9 the next morning. It’d be nice to start the day with a hearty breakfast. Is Maya Grill still operating?

When we were there in December Maya Grill's last ADR was at 9:30pm and they were closing up by 10pm. Only dinner at Maya Grill, it's not open for breakfast or lunch. Pepper Market counter service will be open early, can get a decent breakfast there. Las Venetas (small table service location) used to open for breakfast and lunch but due to lack of use no longer is.

When you arrive at CSR have one person in your party go right away to Maya Grill check in area (it's down the hall from the lobby, just after Pepper Market) and see if they have availability to seat you. We did this once last year when arriving late and just took our carry on bags in with us to eat before going to our room.

When we were there in December Maya Grill's last ADR was at 9:30pm and they were closing up by 10pm. Only dinner at Maya Grill, it's not open for breakfast or lunch. Pepper Market counter service will be open early, can get a decent breakfast there. Las Venetas (small table service location) used to open for breakfast and lunch but due to lack of use no longer is.

When you arrive at CSR have one person in your party go right away to Maya Grill check in area (it's down the hall from the lobby, just after Pepper Market) and see if they have availability to seat you. We did this once last year when arriving late and just took our carry on bags in with us to eat before going to our room.

Las Venetas is operating in the Maya Grill for breakfast and lunch. It’s physical restaurant is closed but I am able to make reservation for random date of April 16th if I want it.

Thanks! I really appreciate the info. We’ve never stayed at Coronado before. I know the single night isn’t much but it’s fun to check another off the list. And the refurbed rooms look fantastic!

We just got done with a weeks stay at Coronado Springs building 6A. We did not get a refurbished room and you could certainly tell the difference. The construction was in full force, but you couldn’t see the tower from our building. Nor could you hear it. You could see the construction they started in the center of the lake and of course the construction when you were walking around. Overall a nice resort just as previously mentioned large, I’m sure the shortcut across Lake Weir help in the future. In the pepper market counter service eating area They had a section closed in the seating area closed for construction. We were able to do for housekeeping for the $60 credit.

Hello, I am sure you get this question a lot and I haven't read through all the pages (way too many!:)) but is there an updated list or page somehwhere that shows the current progress of the renovated rooms and construction? I considering switching my reservation here from AKL to save some money but I am hesitant due to the construction. Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide!

I'm also wondering how bad the construction noise is during the day at the main theme pool. I was hoping to have some relaxing mid-day pool time.

Just booked for October & was wondering if there is any idea on how far along construction would be on the lake top restaurant? We stayed last October & were not bothered at all by the tower construction (stayed in ranchos 7A) but I’m thinking that cranes in the middle of the lake might be a bit more disruptive. Has anyone heard time frames for the restaurant construction?

It’s started, barges, cranes etc.... I can’t upload images, will try later after I compress the images.... in the pool with the music you won’t hear it.

D

We just returned from another great week at Coronado. A few takeaways.

-Sent our room request 10 days out. Requested refurbished roof, but didn't get it. The past 2 years when we have gone, we were able to call when we received our room text and negotiate a more preferable room for us. They have always been accommodating in the past, but not this time. After an hour on the phone and at the front desk, we settled for 9A. Ironically 9A used to be our favorite, but now since pedestrian access is cut off the walk is a little longer to the lobby. In the end it wasn't that bad, I just wanted to try the new rooms out. Maybe with the capacity is down, it's harder to accommodate room switches.

-We had a travel delay due to the Nor'Easters. We ended up missing a night because we had to drive (couldn't get a flight for 3 days). The concierge and management were very accommodating for this. They refunded one of our package nights and got us additional FP+ even on busy rides. Also, due to another Nor'Easter, we decided to stay an extra night. They kept our room and gave us a below-rack rate price for the night. I was very pleased with how they handled this as they didn't have to do anything as I didn't purchase insurance.

-Construction was not an impact at all. In fact, since I love Coronado so much, it added a layer to the experience. I'm very excited to stay again when it is complete. Also, I'm an engineer so watching construction appeals to me. But overall, the noise an disruption were very minimal.

-Pepper Market Breakfast has always been average. I like the variety and southwestern flair in the menu, but the food quality is just average. The renovations here are not an impact (portion closed off, but still a lot of seating).

-This was the first time I stayed at Coronado with a convention at the hotel (Children's Hospital Week). I thought this would be an inconvenience, but aside from Pepper Market being slightly busier at times, the transportation seemed to be more prevalent. The one night we were at Epcot, so was the convention so transportation back after illuminations was non-stop bus after bus. When one filled another pulled up instantly.

Overall, great trip as always. We love Coronado. I use the gym daily even on vacation and it's great that I don't have to splurge on a deluxe for a gym. We can't wait to go back after the renovations are complete.

Do the Preferred Rooms still exist? I booked last July (2017) for this October (2018) and tried to book a Preferred or Club level room, and was told by the UK booking line that there are no Preferred Rooms in CSR. This goes against what I have read various places, including this thread. She was adamant that the rooms didn't exist, not that they were booked (which is probably unlikely, 15 months in advance).

Did I just get bad information, or are the Preferred Rooms going to be removed by October? I'm so confused! I really would rather than a Preferred Room, which I believe will be nearer the main reception building, and I'm happy to pay for it. Can anyone help me?

Do the Preferred Rooms still exist? I booked last July (2017) for this October (2018) and tried to book a Preferred or Club level room, and was told by the UK booking line that there are no Preferred Rooms in CSR. This goes against what I have read various places, including this thread. She was adamant that the rooms didn't exist, not that they were booked (which is probably unlikely, 15 months in advance).

Did I just get bad information, or are the Preferred Rooms going to be removed by October? I'm so confused! I really would rather than a Preferred Room, which I believe will be nearer the main reception building, and I'm happy to pay for it. Can anyone help me?
I just booked a King Preferred room for my upcoming April trip. Based on what I have read on these boards it will probably be a refurbished room in the Casitas. However, I will make my room request a week before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!